+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

um_confused

Jun 20, 2012
Hello everyone, I am new on this website, but i think thats the right topic for my question . I hope someone can dismiss my doubts. From the Document Checklist I found out that I have to provide an Indication of status in Canada (e.g. visitor visa, study permit or work permit, temporary resident permit, including out of status documentation). What should i send in this regard? I am a USA citizen who overstayed while visiting in Canada. Should i make a photocopy of my passport page with the stamp that i got at the airport?

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
Hi CanEd, thanks for your reply. We received an e-mail from CIC confirming that we can arrive on our Australian Passports and that we have the option of doing either inland or outland whilst still residing in canada and while everything is being processed to just extend our visas until such time as we have a DM. We know it takes quicker outland, but we are not stressed either way, even if it takes longer we will already be in Canada :-D ...

Thanks for the feedback too re OWP... hubby is all good for working etc and I am not stressed about having to immediately work so I am happy to wait how ever long it takes and it will give me a good opportunity to get out with the kids and do some physical visits to schools, kindergartens, child care for when I do return to work (we will need all 3 for the 4 of them LOL).

Congratulations to you both on the birth of your 1st child.... I hope that your wife is well and bubs and you are enjoying parenthood and the whole process :-D

Regards

Lollka

CanED said:
Hi All,

Been a while since I checked this as my wife had a baby (our first) three weeks ago! Hope the waiting is going okay for everyone. The year is flying by, it won't be long until things start moving for all the 2012er's so sit back, relax and enjoy the great summer weather.

Wolanila - yes it takes some time for ECAS to display the status after you get your email. Don't worry it will be along soon.

Lollka - I am in Canada, from a visa exempt country on a work permit. I applied for my OWP with my application for sponsorship. What this means is that once approval in principle (meaning your spouse has been deemed eligible to sponsor you) is received, you will obtain an OWP. However like Wolanila said - if you are from a visa exempt country I would apply outland - this was not possible for me! But it is a much quicker process 4 months as apposed to over a year!

Best of luck and enjoy the summer!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got an update. I was able to login to ecas today and it said that they started processing our application June 18, 2012. Please update the chart. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART
(Currently taking 11 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principle (AIP) Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Jbel Jan 5
Caregirl747 Jan 16 Apr 26
CanED Jan 16
Yankanuck Jan 17
buzybee Jan 19 Apr 25
Johanna125 Jan 25 May 22
Hamedslient Jan 26
wolanila Feb 2
Peral75 Feb 6 May 17
CheshireCats Feb 7 May 22
mdna Mar 10
Karito Mar 16
Walter 8299 Mar 28

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my ecas it says "we have received your application on 6th Feb." It doesn't say "we started processing your application." Does it mean that they haven't started processin my application? Or received means they are processing?

Thanks

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hi there, we recently submitted our inland spousal sponsorship application but we forgot to include an OWP application. Do you know if we can send it now and have them attach it to our file? We are hoping to receive to OWP at the same time as first stage approval

If not, how long does it take to get your OWP after receiving first stage approval?

Thanks!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
pearl75 said:
In my ecas it says "we have received your application on 6th Feb." It doesn't say "we started processing your application." Does it mean that they haven't started processin my application? Or received means they are processing?

Thanks
Hi pearl75,

If you typed in the sponsors information (last name, date of birth, UCI number, etc...) then once they're signed in there should be 2 sections, one for the sponsor and one for the applicant. It would look something like this:

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Name of person In process Application Received

And that's if the sponsor application is being processed. But like people have mentioned before. Even if it doesn't say in process underneath sponsorship application status doesn't mean it's not being processed. Someone from cic may not have updated your ECAS. So if you were to click on "Application Received" under the PR section then you would get a message like the one your getting. So just make sure your looking under the right section, because the sponsorship application gets processed first...

DId that help??

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you buzybee. I checked the website 3 times so far and first two times it did not allowed me to use UCI number so I used Application number. When I logged on using application number I could only see my name but could not see my husband(the sponsor) name. But today it allowed me to use UCI number and now I could see my name and my husband name on the web site. And it does say "we started proccessing your application." So all good:)

Thank you for your help.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
Hi there, we recently submitted our inland spousal sponsorship application but we forgot to include an OWP application. Do you know if we can send it now and have them attach it to our file? We are hoping to receive to OWP at the same time as first stage approval

If not, how long does it take to get your OWP after receiving first stage approval?

Thanks!
Besunhine,you can still send in your OWP and write on the forms AND the envelope attached to file and to be process after AIP.they will process its after AIP...Hope its help you.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"they will process after AIP" Are you sure it is after? As I know Chesshirecats husband got his work permit before AIP.

If that is the case can I apply for OWP? At least I can work until I receive my PR.

Thanks.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how did she get hers before aip? Did she just apply for a regular work permit?

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
Hi all!
my husband sponsored me (inland) to become a permanent resident. CIC received our application on august 11, 2011. Since then.. nothing yet.

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
If I send the OWP application now, how do they attach it to our file? What info do I need to put on the envelope and forms?

How much does the OWP application cost?

If we apply for the OWP after we receive AIP, how long does it take for us to receive it?

Many thanks!