Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Friends m having a situation here....

For 3 months i was waiting for my landing n here we received a letter yesterday by mail which had interview dated for yesterday morning.... That means we missed the landing.... :(
Has anybody idea wat shud we do now..?

Also i want to knw if amybody knws the validity of CoPR issued by vegreville ? As we hav to land before it expires.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
i.imran said:

For 3 months i was waiting for my landing n here we received a letter yesterday by mail which had interview dated for yesterday morning.... That means we missed the landing.... :(

Also i want to knw if amybody knws the validity of CoPR issued by vegreville ? As we hav to land before it expires.
Did you never call them to find out what the delay was in waiting? Did you recently change your address so there was a 'time' delay in getting it to you? I know most folks get it roughly 10 days or more before the actual date.

The only thing I can tell you to do would be to call the CIC call center and tell them what has happened and ask them what is the next step, as I know a missed landing can be a cause for major concern as they might assume you are no longer interested and remove all the paperwork and such. It is IMPERATIVE that you do something immediately. Start with that phone call.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
I did call as soon as we received the letter and we call cic almost every week to ask if our landing has been scheduled....and guess wat initially they didnt knw anything about our landing but when i said i hav letter in hand issued at 5th dec and recvd on 10 th dec for landing at 10th then somehow she was able to c it and then she left a message for ottawa local office on our behalf that we missed landing coz of delayed dlvry of mail.

I dont knw if thats enough or not or wat more can we do .

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
i.imran said:

I would suggest that you call CIC and get on their case, explaining the situation that you were still waiting for landing letter and just got it today pass your expected landing date.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
i.imran said:
I did call as soon as we received the letter and we call cic almost every week to ask if our landing has been scheduled....and guess wat initially they didnt knw anything about our landing but when i said i hav letter in hand issued at 5th dec and recvd on 10 th dec for landing at 10th then somehow she was able to c it and then she left a message for ottawa local office on our behalf that we missed landing coz of delayed dlvry of mail.

I dont knw if thats enough or not or wat more can we do .
WOW! Only 5 days? What did they expect a miracle involving Canada Post? Sheesh!

Did they say they would contact you? Did someone give you another number that you should call or a time frame to call them back, anything?

It sounds like they dropped the ball big time on this one and sadly, it is going to be up to you to ensure they follow through with the proper procedures to correct this. You can do this by calling them daily (if they didn't give you a call back date or something) and asking them where it stands. This would, at the very least, show that you are indeed still wanting to immigrate if it came to proving such.

Good luck

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Alurra71 said:
WOW! Only 5 days? What did they expect a miracle involving Canada Post? Sheesh!

Did they say they would contact you? Did someone give you another number that you should call or a time frame to call them back, anything?

It sounds like they dropped the ball big time on this one and sadly, it is going to be up to you to ensure they follow through with the proper procedures to correct this. You can do this by calling them daily (if they didn't give you a call back date or something) and asking them where it stands. This would, at the very least, show that you are indeed still wanting to immigrate if it came to proving such.

Good luck
Thnx.
They didnt giv any number or time frame , jus asked us to wait for a call from them since this time i specifically mentioned them to contact on cell and leave a voice mail if nobody receives the phone.

I guess calling daily may b a good idea.

connie121

Aug 14, 2013
i.imran said:

Are you in London, ON too?
Cause Nigea and My hubbie both landed on Dec 10 at London office.
My hubbie's COPR issued on Nov 27, 2013, expired on Feb 21, 2014.
So I guess you still have time.
Did you try to go to the office? Bring the letter and tell them what happened.
The office has your COPR on hand. Maybe you can try before they do cancel it or the real bad thing happen.

Good luck!

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
connie121 said:
Are you in London, ON too?
Cause Nigea and My hubbie both landed on Dec 10 at London office.
My hubbie's COPR issued on Nov 27, 2013, expired on Feb 21, 2014.
So I guess you still have time.
Did you try to go to the office? Bring the letter and tell them what happened.
The office has your COPR on hand. Maybe you can try before they do cancel it or the real bad thing happen.

Good luck!

No v r in ottawa.....
Its weird again that CoPR expires within 4 months while some cities take 4-6 months in scheduling landing.
My hubby intends to visit them tomorrow.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
screech339 said:
Hi rifat,

I have you added to timesheets. You are number 135 in the sheets when you go look for it. That number will change as other people status get DMs, Landing dates, and completing their PR status. It is an initial number so you know where to look.

Welcome to the forum.

Screech339
Thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet Screech339. I have checked the spreadsheet I have sent you all the info in the message box please check it and let me know. Thanks again :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
RebeccaF said:
Thanks Screech! :) still terribly excited to have gotten a landing date and to be 'green' ;)
My landing date is on the 13th of January (not the 18th like it says on the time sheet).
I'll make sure to take my expired SIN when I go. I'm always on the cautious side and bring way too much stuff LOL

Rifat - congrats on getting your landing date. You're not at the Etobicoke office by chance as well, are you?
RebecceaF:

Lol I wish we had received our Landing date for hubby waiting desperately for that day to come. but still thanks for the wishes

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
RebeccaF said:
Ohh.. I misread. It's rifat's "due date". for some reason I was in the landing-date mind frame ;)

Congrats rifat. Only about a month to go :-D
RebeccaF:

Thanks for the wishes just waiting to get it over with now.. it's just about time... but I'm am giving daddy a birthday surprise hopefully with this baby ;) already planned with my docs.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
RebeccaF said:
Thanks Screech! :) still terribly excited to have gotten a landing date and to be 'green' ;)
My landing date is on the 13th of January (not the 18th like it says on the time sheet).
I'll make sure to take my expired SIN when I go. I'm always on the cautious side and bring way too much stuff LOL

Rifat - congrats on getting your landing date. You're not at the Etobicoke office by chance as well, are you?
RebeccaF:

Very very congrats to you on getting your landing date I'm very happy for you. We have heard that the States FBI are working on apps received on Oct 28 to 30th yay thats when they received hubbys fingerprints... Hopefully they'll get to ours soon within this week and we should be receiving it within 2 weeks. again many congrats to you :)

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Hi Guys,

I received an email from CIC.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you
for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete,
that office will notify you by mail of their decision.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

What does it mean?
Is there anybody who got this email and then got DM?
Please let me know your process and timeline.

FYI, I and my wife are legally married in Canada, not common-law relationship.

Thank you.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lsj2767 said:
Hi Guys,

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you
for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete,
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

What does it mean?

Thank you.
You got DM. Congrats. BTW it mentioned spouse in the letter along with common law. So the letter still applies to you. It is a generic DM letter that everyone gets, both common law and married.

Screech339

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
lsj2767 said:
Hi Guys,

Partner in Canada Class.
Canada.

What does it mean?

Thank you.
Congrat you get DM