Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
screech339 said:
You got DM. Congrats. BTW it mentioned spouse in the letter along with common law. So the letter still applies to you. It is a generic DM letter that everyone gets, both common law and married.

Screech339
Thank you for your replies, screech339 and mimssimo.

Are you guys sure it is DM?
There's no mentioning like
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in xxx will contact you concerning your permanent resident status"
Why is cic NOT pleased to advise me then? :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lsj2767 said:
Thank you for your replies, screech339 and mimssimo.

Are you guys sure it is DM?
There's no mentioning like
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in xxx will contact you concerning your permanent resident status"
Why is cic NOT pleased to advise me then? :)
You are right. It didn't say "we are please application is closed" typical line. But it say transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment.

Not sure why they are doing this after you received your AIP. Usually if assessment of marriage is needed, it's done before AIP is granted. However I can probably say that it is not the rule. Assessment of marriage could still be done after AIP has been issued.

What I would suggest is to order GCMS notes and find out why it is being transferred after AIP been granted. This is like getting a cheat sheet and this would let you know ahead of time what they are interviewing you for. You would be able to come in prepared to answer the questions raised, rather than coming in to interview clueless.

Screech339

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
rifat said:
RebeccaF:

Thanks for the wishes just waiting to get it over with now.. it's just about time... but I'm am giving daddy a birthday surprise hopefully with this baby ;) already planned with my docs.
Hehe well I doubt it's a "surprise", but that would be amazing :)). I'll be thinking of you while I land. Make sure to share pictures of the little one in January Rifat :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
lsj2767 said:
Hi Guys,

I received an email from CIC.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you
for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete,
that office will notify you by mail of their decision.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

What does it mean?
Is there anybody who got this email and then got DM?
Please let me know your process and timeline.

FYI, I and my wife are legally married in Canada, not common-law relationship.

Thank you.
This sounds more like they have questions regarding the applicant or something in your application. This is not your standard DM letter and you may be in for a bit longer of a wait until they go through. It specifically does state that they will contact you when a decision is made, therefore a decision can't yet be made, can it?

I haven't yet seen any DM letters that looked like this so someone else may know more than I, however I don't feel that is a DM letter.

I am sorry for you, but be patient, it will happen!

Good luck!

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
Happy Thursday everyone.

I'm getting little nervous on my case now.
It's been 7 weeks since I saw my status "Decision Made" online. No letter and no email anything about DM or Landing Date.

I got AIP Oct 21st 2013, received OWP Oct 25th 2013.
When I check my status online week of Oct 28th, it says "A decision has been made on MY NAME application. The office will contact My NAME concerning this decision."

And this..... since week of Oct 28th
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Decision Made

What should I be expecting? Still need to wait to get a snail mail on Decision Made? Do they send any email about Decision Made?

Brrrrrrr and it's too cold in Calgary :(

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
over_jj said:
Happy Thursday everyone.

I'm getting little nervous on my case now.
It's been 7 weeks since I saw my status "Decision Made" online. No letter and no email anything about DM or Landing Date.

I got AIP Oct 21st 2013, received OWP Oct 25th 2013.
When I check my status online week of Oct 28th, it says "A decision has been made on MY NAME application. The office will contact My NAME concerning this decision."

And this..... since week of Oct 28th
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Decision Made

What should I be expecting? Still need to wait to get a snail mail on Decision Made? Do they send any email about Decision Made?

Brrrrrrr and it's too cold in Calgary :(
They did send email about decision made in my case, but it was sent to our 'representative'. I would call CIC to find out about a landing letter so you don't end up in a pinch like i.imran was.

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Hey Guys am just wondering if anyone has gotten landing letter via email before. I just spoke to an agent from CIC and he told me my landing letter has been sent for me today via e-mail and I should expect delays in email if I don't get the email with 5 days I should call back so the landing letter can be sent to me via mail. Am landing in Calgary Jan. 22 according to the agent. I got Aip + DM on Nov 14th.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
I got this same letter in January 2013, BEFORE AIP. My interview was scheduled for October 2013, a good 10 months after receiving this letter. Sorry to say, but please be prepared for a long wait. In my case, they were questioning my permanent residence status as a sponsor. The fact that I moved to Calgary came up in the interview, then they transferred my file to Calgary CIC without AIP, and Calgary sent a letter that waiting times will be at least another year. I applied in July 2012 for sponsoring my wife and child, and I do not expect AIP until at least November 2014 :(

lsj2767 said:
Hi Guys,

I received an email from CIC.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you
for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete,
that office will notify you by mail of their decision.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

What does it mean?
Is there anybody who got this email and then got DM?
Please let me know your process and timeline.

FYI, I and my wife are legally married in Canada, not common-law relationship.

Thank you.

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
aakpawan said:
Hey Guys am just wondering if anyone has gotten landing letter via email before. I just spoke to an agent from CIC and he told me my landing letter has been sent for me today via e-mail and I should expect delays in email if I don't get the email with 5 days I should call back so the landing letter can be sent to me via mail. Am landing in Calgary Jan. 22 according to the agent. I got Aip + DM on Nov 14th.

Hi - that's what the agent told me as well that my landing letter was emailed to me on the 12th of Novebmer.. however, I received the landing letter via regular "snail" mail 3 weeks after and it was issued on the 12th... so maybe they assume its emailed.. but so far everyone gets their landing letter via regular mail.

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
hn1234 said:
Hi - that's what the agent told me as well that my landing letter was emailed to me on the 12th of Novebmer.. however, I received the landing letter via regular "snail" mail 3 weeks after and it was issued on the 12th... so maybe they assume its emailed.. but so far everyone gets their landing letter via regular mail.
@hn1234 thanks for the info lol I will call again on Monday to let them know I didn't get no e-mail so they can send me the landing letter via "snail" mail.

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
screech339 said:
You are right. It didn't say "we are please application is closed" typical line. But it say transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment.

Not sure why they are doing this after you received your AIP. Usually if assessment of marriage is needed, it's done before AIP is granted. However I can probably say that it is not the rule. Assessment of marriage could still be done after AIP has been issued.

What I would suggest is to order GCMS notes and find out why it is being transferred after AIP been granted. This is like getting a cheat sheet and this would let you know ahead of time what they are interviewing you for. You would be able to come in prepared to answer the questions raised, rather than coming in to interview clueless.

Screech339
Thank you for your reply.

How do I order GCMS notes?

Before I received this email,
CIC told me the dead line for next assessment would be Jan 28th.
I gotta call cic again.

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
hkalltheway said:
I got this same letter in January 2013, BEFORE AIP. My interview was scheduled for October 2013, a good 10 months after receiving this letter. Sorry to say, but please be prepared for a long wait. In my case, they were questioning my permanent residence status as a sponsor. The fact that I moved to Calgary came up in the interview, then they transferred my file to Calgary CIC without AIP, and Calgary sent a letter that waiting times will be at least another year. I applied in July 2012 for sponsoring my wife and child, and I do not expect AIP until at least November 2014 :(
I'm sorry about your case.

At least I got AIP.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lsj2767 said:
Thank you for your reply.

How do I order GCMS notes?

Before I received this email,
CIC told me the dead line for next assessment would be Jan 28th.
I gotta call cic again.
I'm not sure how to go about ordering GCMS notes as I never had to do this myself. Perhaps someone else who had done this can post how to do it.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to confrentis on landing today and becoming a new PR member of Canada.

Screech339

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Hi guys, yesterday I had landing interview in Kitchener and become a permanent resident of Canada :) A landing date letter came via regular mail only a few days earlier because they first sent letter to my old adress. So if you wait longer for landing date do not hesitate to call CIC and make sure that everything is ok