Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
I finally received medical form for my daughter....can anoyone suggest which doctor is better in mississauga out of 3 given in the panel......they all hav so varying fees and sending time which is surprising for me. one is taking $50 ,another $105 ...they say report goes to ottawa and it takes 2 weeks for it to reach there...while the 3rd doc taking $120 claims to send report in 1-2 days.
any suggestions?

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
No, OHIP covers physician consultation and visits. Dental benefits are provided through extended insurance, which are generally offered through an employer.

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
No problem ItisTime. I know that you got your AIP. Did you receive your OWP as well or have you not applied for that as of yet? Just wondering if the OWP comes with the AIP if you sent it at the same time as the application.

It must be a great feeling getting the AIP, especially after reading some of the horror stories. Congrats.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
buzybee said:
Your right. When a decision is made under Permanent residence that means your application is done, for now its still being process as it says. Did you check the option to getting email in your application. If you didn't add an email then they send you everything my mail instead of email...

Good luck!
Hi,
As far as I can remember the option to get correspondence by email was in fact selected. I actually received the AOR by email though I know that consistency isn't quite their thing.
Good luck to you too!

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
I just called to cic. They sent out AIP letter on 25 Sep 2012. But I didn't apply for open work permit. I should apply open work permit or not? I don't know how long for the 2 stage approve for PR. I did send police clearance from my country and medical with spouse common law application. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Deepcove said:
Thank you Wolanila. That post was very informative..

Since I'm already out of Canada now, and my TRV and Study Permit are valid until Sep 2013, then I'm more likely to hear back from the CIC before having to extend my Study permit and TRV. I took the risk already by leaving Canada. Let's hope everything will go ok..

I wish you luck :)
Hi Deepcove,

My boyfriend (the applicant) and I (the sponsor) are on the same boat. He left today for a 6-7 week business trip in Europe and we're hoping for the best when he returns. I know that this was a huge risk but we didn't really have any choice since, financially speaking, he needs to keep working.

In our case, he has a valid closed work permit that is valid until July 2013 (with a CAQ and a positive LMO) and I just received AIP (well I haven't gotten the letter yet but ecas says that it was sent and that the permanent residence part was now in process).

I just wanted to add, that I spoke to a border agent yesterday and she assured me that there should be no problem. She did say that, of course, there's always that risk but that because of his valid status and the fact that he's from a visa-exempt country, that really there usually is no reason for an officer to deny him entry. And also, that it's kind of an unwritten rule that, unless there is evidence or suspicion of criminal activity, a border agent should not make a re-entry difficult for someone who already has the whole permanent residency application in process, especially when there is already a first stage approval.

Anyway, good luck to you and keep us posted on what happens. I will do the same. ;)

devine777

Jun 25, 2012
Lakeshore said:
I just called to cic. They sent out AIP letter on 25 Sep 2012. But I didn't apply for open work permit. I should apply open work permit or not? I don't know how long for the 2 stage approve for PR. I did send police clearance from my country and medical with spouse common law application. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,When did you file your sponsorship application?

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perkele, my husband spoke to an agent face to face today again to ask if we apply for work permit would I be able to leave the country and come back? Last time he spoke to him he told my husband that my AIP should be with me shortly and after couple of day I have received it. Today he told him that if the trip isn't urgent he suggested that I should wait as I will be receiving my PR withing max of 2 months. He also said I can go no problem but when i come back the immigration agents might make it difficult for me even though they shouldn't especially, knowing that I have now Letter saying first stage has been approved. He also add that the immigration officers at the board of entry says the last word and can deny your entry or make your life miserable at the airport. Just unnecessary stuff. He also advised, that if I go ahead and leave the country make sure not to come to Calgary but to go Toronto. As officers in Toronto are familiar with this kind of situation and will not make things difficult. The ones in Calgary are the worst! he said. I can vouch for this as when I came here on a visit visa they interrogated me like as if I was a terrorist. They checked my luggage, asked me how much I'm earning gross and net, why I was travelling this much etc. stupid question!

Anyway, above what the CIC officer told my husband face to face. So if you are not in a rush don't travel yet and wait for max. 2 months and at this point applying for OWP is unnecessary as we will be getting our PR's very soon. So don't pay for the work permit visa I say.

Hope it helps.

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
No problem ItisTime. I know that you got your AIP. Did you receive your OWP as well or have you not applied for that as of yet? Just wondering if the OWP comes with the AIP if you sent it at the same time as the application.

It must be a great feeling getting the AIP, especially after reading some of the horror stories. Congrats.

Thanks, and you too!

(someone plz advice me on how to reply to a specific msg here, my technical head is not screwed on properly with all this waiting and waiting...)

Yes, I recieved the OWP as well according to tke email that I received. I have not received it in the mail as yet. I sent the OWP application togehter with the PR application. I also sent the medical and police records at the same time. The email did not ask me to send medical and police certificate. My Pr application is now in process according to ecas. Hope 2nd stage will be soon.

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
perkele said:
Hi Deepcove,

My boyfriend (the applicant) and I (the sponsor) are on the same boat. He left today for a 6-7 week business trip in Europe and we're hoping for the best w.....
I'll be leaving in December for 3 weeks... hoping for the best too, but I too have a valid closed work permit (although no AIP yet), valid until Aug 2013, and as long as I can enter Canada under regular circumstances it should not be a problem I'm told...

Anyways, congrats on the AIP and goodluck to the rest of us...

Imo

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
I am very happy for you and would appreciate it if you could keep me posted. Let me know when you receive your OWP in the mail. Thanks a bunch. My name is Donna.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck deep cove I feel everything will be fine. Maybe have ur wife on standby on the way into Canada to receive a call from immigration incase the boarder guard has to confirm any questions they may have and remember to bring all ur documents and a copy of ur application and also ur AIP wouldn't be a bad idea. Be prepared.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
pearl75 said:
Perkele, my husband spoke to an agent face to face today again to ask if we apply for work permit would I be able to leave the country and come back? Last time he spoke to him he told my husband that my AIP should be with me shortly and after couple of day I have received it. Today he told him that if the trip isn't urgent he suggested that I should wait as I will be receiving my PR withing max of 2 months. He also said I can go no problem but when i come back the immigration agents might make it difficult for me even though they shouldn't especially, knowing that I have now Letter saying first stage has been approved. He also add that the immigration officers at the board of entry says the last word and can deny your entry or make your life miserable at the airport. Just unnecessary stuff. He also advised, that if I go ahead and leave the country make sure not to come to Calgary but to go Toronto. As officers in Toronto are familiar with this kind of situation and will not make things difficult. The ones in Calgary are the worst! he said. I can vouch for this as when I came here on a visit visa they interrogated me like as if I was a terrorist. They checked my luggage, asked me how much I'm earning gross and net, why I was travelling this much etc. stupid question!

Anyway, above what the CIC officer told my husband face to face. So if you are not in a rush don't travel yet and wait for max. 2 months and at this point applying for OWP is unnecessary as we will be getting our PR's very soon. So don't pay for the work permit visa I say.

Hope it helps.
Hi there,

Like I said, I'm aware of the risks and my boyfriend has already left the country so at this point there's no need to say that we should wait or should have waited. As for paying for permits, he already has one so I'm not really sure where you're going with this.

I also rather communicate directly with CBSA officers instead since they are the ones who will actually have a say when the time comes as opposed to CIC employees.

Oh and my boyfriend will be coming back through the Montreal airport..