App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Send the OWP application any way! Because usually they process it together with AIP and you simply don't want to wait for your PR card to get a SIN and start working (might be months after AIP, that can cost a whole lot more then 150$). Write on the envelope to add it to your file, write on top of the application form not to process it before the First Stage Approval. Make sure that you send it to the PR department, not the work permits department.
As an explanation you could write that you had no idea you even had the possibility to get the OWP (the guide doesn't mention it), until you already sent off the application for PR and later you read somewhere on the internet/a friend told you that you could get it. Seems to me valid enough for a reason.

Good luck!

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Love_Young, thank you for the chart and for the time that you have spent to create a table! Feel better! It is not a time to be sick!

It takes almost 10 months to get AIP now! WOW!
One month longer, than it was before!

I wish everyone who is waiting to be more patient! Vacation time is over and CIC will speed up soon!
Good luck, guys!

Mohamed053185

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
Murphy

I got my letter yesterday, I have my landing interview on Thursday Sept 1, 2011. 8)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
LoveYoung: Thanks for the updating, and also thanks for always being so helpful here when you actually need to deal with your new life ( no wonder how busy it is). I hope you'll get well soon.

Angtao: Thanks for sharing the news about the AIP, it really makes me a good day. Let's keep hope.
On the other hand, I've sent additional docs last month and what I did was making an agenda - listing what I included inside,my personal and sponsor's info (our date of birth, client #) and a cover letter that explaining why I sent these docs now. It was received by someone at CIC but not show on my eCas yet.

Honestly, I'm quite nervous now because my case is not straight and I noticed on the chart that someone had been transferred to the local office without 1 stage approval has the similar story as me (both have previous marriage), it drives me nuts now. Although I think I've provided a lot of paper and pics but who knows how CIC officer thinks about it.

Anyway, I'm going to cheer up and pray, for myself, for everyone who's waiting, for people who finished the journey. All the best to us. :-*

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Mohamed..congrats.. :p :) you are ahead of my sched....im happy for you but im so sad not to see your cowboy attires..lol...anyway, goodluck and hope you share your experience on your interview,,,,is it in CANADA PLACE too? :p :) ;) :-*

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, I'm quite nervous now because my case is not straight and I noticed on the chart that someone had been transferred to the local office without 1 stage approval has the similar story as me (both have previous marriage), it drives me nuts now. Although I think I've provided a lot of paper and pics but who knows how CIC officer thinks about it.

Anyway, I'm going to cheer up and pray, for myself, for everyone who's waiting, for people who finished the journey. All the best to us. :-*
Hi AmandaHsu! I know the nervous feeling that I felt the same. Every case is different and if you sent enough proof of your relationship, you will have no problem getting approved. I hope that you will hear good news soon. Cheer up!! :)

Thank you Love_Young, you are awesome as always! :-*

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC, the agent told me I can send in the Open Work Permit application by mail ANYTIME stating it is to be joined to the PR application. When I asked if I had to write an explanation on why I didn't attach it together with my PR application, she said "No, not at all" ..

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
murphy said:
adzeez...how's your interview in edmonton?what are the questions asked...and how long ...thanks
It is more of a landing. I don't know the reason behing calling it an interview. We went there early around 8:30, and there were couple of people were ahead of us. At 9:00 AM sharp they opened the door. We went to the counter at our turn, the clerk checked my passport, photo and the letter they had sent me.

Then he asked us to wait with other people. Later on an immigration lady came out and informed us that we are all be landing today and told us about the rights as a PR. One-by-one she started calling people in an office. Inside the office she asked me to double check the name address and d.o.b. She asked my wife for a photo id, and then ask me if i have done any crime, or have been asked to leave canada during the process.

Then she asked me to initial, and sign at the very bottom. That's it.. All done..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:
I just called CIC, the agent told me I can send in the Open Work Permit application by mail ANYTIME stating it is to be joined to the PR application. When I asked if I had to write an explanation on why I didn't attach it together with my PR application, she said "No, not at all" ..
I am going to do the opposite here and actually suggest you wait until AIP comes. They aren't likely to attach it before AIP anyway and you are just days away from getting it. Once you find out of the approval or have the letter, then send the OWP if you like. It takes about a month to a month and a half to get the OWP back.

fleurette said:
Love_Young, thank you for the chart and for the time that you have spent to create a table! Feel better! It is not a time to be sick!

It takes almost 10 months to get AIP now! WOW!
One month longer, than it was before!

I wish everyone who is waiting to be more patient! Vacation time is over and CIC will speed up soon!
Good luck, guys!
You're most welcome. :) Thank you for your sweet words. I hope to feel better very soon.

AmandaHsu said:
LoveYoung: Thanks for the updating, and also thanks for always being so helpful here when you actually need to deal with your new life (no wonder how busy it is). I hope you'll get well soon.
Thank you Amanda and you're welcome for the chart update. I wish I could do it more. Thank you for your kind words.

katie_van said:
Thank you Love_Young, you are awesome as always! :-*
You're welcome. Aww you are too sweet. :-*

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I am going to do the opposite here and actually suggest you wait until AIP comes. They aren't likely to attach it before AIP anyway and you are just days away from getting it. Once you find out of the approval or have the letter, then send the OWP if you like. It takes about a month to a month and a half to get the OWP back.

I suggest you to send before you get the AiP. Just write a letter with your Client ID # in it explaining the case.

It takes more than 3 months to get the OWP once you receive the AiP letter. If you send the OWP before the AiP letter is issued you receive both at the same time.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CEC said:
I suggest you to send before you get the AiP. Just write a letter with your Client ID # in it explaining the case.

It takes more than 3 months to get the OWP once you receive the AiP letter. If you send the OWP before the AiP letter is issued you receive both at the same time.
That only applies if they attach it in time with the file. As on right now. That isn't very likely that they will.
Where is the proof it takes 3 months? The most it should take is OWP. Not to mention at which point they may be approved for both stages at the same time and would become a PR at the same time as when they would get the OWP. Either way it is something to think about.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
That only applies if they attach it in time with the file. As on right now. That isn't very likely that they will.
Where is the proof it takes 3 months? The most it should take is OWP. Not to mention at which point they may be approved for both stages at the same time and would become a PR at the same time as when they would get the OWP. Either way it is something to think about.
That's what I thought too about receiving both stages together. However, I just paid my $150 fee online, looks like I can't cancel it anymore :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pptk703 said:
That's what I thought too about receiving both stages together. However, I just paid my $150 fee online, looks like I can't cancel it anymore :(
Call them and ask if you can get a refund or wait it out to see if you get both stages after all.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I am the proof it takes 3 months. I sent mine in in May and got my OWP in August!

Work Permit
(new employer) 83 days