Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CEC said:
I am the proof it takes 3 months. I sent mine in in May and got my OWP in August!

Work Permit
(new employer) 83 days
It used to take between 1-2 months but it does not amaze me as they seem to be on vacation right now. Well they could send it now to get a head start as you mentioned but what happens if they get approved for both stages and land before that time? Maybe they won't but is still something to ponder. They are literally days away from finding out and even though it arrives there relatively quickly that doesn't mean they open and attach it that very day. So in my opinion it was still take that amount of time whether they send it now or after AIP.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC said:
I am the proof it takes 3 months. I sent mine in in May and got my OWP in August!

Work Permit
(new employer) 83 days
I called CIC again and guess what I got 3 different answers in 5 hours! WTH !! :mad:

Now the agent told me there's no guarantee my OWP application can get attached to my PR application because as a regular procedure I should have sent it at the beginning or wait until AIP. I can still try to send one in and it depends on IO if the application can get attached. I also ask how long does it take to get 2nd stage approval, she said "it can take another 9 months" ..grrr...wth..I told her that I heard a lot of people get both stage approved at the same time, she said yes some people do, but most people don't.. :eek: One positive answer is I can get my $150 back if I decide not to send the OWP application.

Mohamed053185

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
:D Murphy

Yes it is at Canada Place.....good luck to you as well....... ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:
I called CIC again and guess what I got 3 different answers in 5 hours! WTH !! :mad:

Now the agent told me there's no guarantee my OWP application can get attached to my PR application because as a regular procedure I should have sent it at the beginning or wait until AIP. I can still try to send one in and it depends on IO if the application can get attached. I also ask how long does it take to get 2nd stage approval, she said "it can take another 9 months" ..grrr...wth..I told her that I heard a lot of people get both stage approved at the same time, she said yes some people do, but most people don't.. :eek: One positive answer is I can get my $150 back if I decide not to send the OWP application.
That doesn't surprise me. That is why I said what I did to angtao.

Now I do agree with what the agent said about "it depends on the IO" whether it gets attached. At least they are being honest here. An agent can not actually confirm that it would be attached or not. They just answer questions and in some cases, they are very wrong. So be careful. They almost screwed me over one time but luckily since then I had relatively knowledgable agents. I do not believe her saying that most don't get both stages together as we have seen different but it is true when she says that "some do, some don't" though. It did, however, used to be that it was very unlikely that people would get approved for both so maybe this is where she is coming from. I still advise you wait as it isn't likely they will attach it in time for you to benefit from quick processing on your OWP right after AIP and there is the chance you may be approved for both. After finding out, then decide on what to do. Ultimately the decision is still yours to make though. ;)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Guys

its 5:45pm here in Toronto......the application processing time is yet to be updated...well hope they move the date forward.

hope they do that very soon.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
That only applies if they attach it in time with the file. As on right now. That isn't very likely that they will.
Where is the proof it takes 3 months? The most it should take is OWP. Not to mention at which point they may be approved for both stages at the same time and would become a PR at the same time as when they would get the OWP. Either way it is something to think about.
I applied online after AIP, yet still it took them 53 days to issue me the work permit...

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
pptk703 said:
That's what I thought too about receiving both stages together. However, I just paid my $150 fee online, looks like I can't cancel it anymore :(

I think you can call the call centre and have them cancel it for you, I just cancelled my visitior extension, after two months of applying.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
It used to take between 1-2 months but it does not amaze me as they seem to be on vacation right now. Well they could send it now to get a head start as you mentioned but what happens if they get approved for both stages and land before that time? Maybe they won't but is still something to ponder. They are literally days away from finding out and even though it arrives there relatively quickly that doesn't mean they open and attach it that very day. So in my opinion it was still take that amount of time whether they send it now or after AIP.
It is always nice to apply for the work pemit. Even though there is a chance that some one gets approved both stages, and then there is no point of that work permit. But guess what between the approval and landing there is always some time in which you can apply for temporary SIN on the basis of issued work permit, and then continue to work on that temporary SIN until you receive you PR card. Because you can only get a permanent SIN if you have your PR card. So if you do not have temporary SIN then you have to wait extra 2 months to atcually be eligible of working in Canada.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
adzees said:
It is always nice to apply for the work pemit. Even though there is a chance that some one gets approved both stages, and then there is no point of that work permit. But guess what between the approval and landing there is always some time in which you can apply for temporary SIN on the basis of issued work permit, and then continue to work on that temporary SIN until you receive you PR card. Because you can only get a permanent SIN if you have your PR card. So if you do not have temporary SIN then you have to wait extra 2 months to atcually be eligible of working in Canada.
You act as if I don't know this adzees. :| And also what happens if they do happen to get both stages approved together, they get notified to land before the OWP comes, then they land before then. Same scenario. I am not saying that they shouldn't do it (as though most here seem to think that) I am just trying to give them all sides as to what could happen so they can make the best choice for themselves.

adzees said:
I applied online after AIP, yet still it took them 53 days to issue me the work permit...
I already said that it can take 1-2 months. Once again, I see everyone's point but don't seem to think anyone is actually reading what I am saying clearly. I do know they are on vacation right now so that takes longer, applying by mail takes longer, and also not applying initially with the PR application is obviously going to make it take longer. Reason why they suggest if you want to work upon AIP approval you have to submit it with the initial submission of your PR application. Just happens that most don't find this out until later but them submitting this day isn't going to make it any quicker. They are already a few days to AIP decision time so they would still have to wait none of the less. Best situation if this happens and they did submit earlier would be that they slim a few days to week off the OWP processing time. I can't honestly say that an IO would attach it before AIP time. The only time you can benefit from faster processing of the OWP is if the receive or assess at the time of giving AIP. I can't see that happening here.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I'm having one of those anxious "thinking of the worst" kinds of days... :( so here's my question for today.
If an Inland application is denied, does anyone know what the process is then? I am aware that there is no right of appeal for Inland.
I assume the applicant has to leave Canada immediately, but then how long do you have to wait before you can enter, and try again?

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
absentgodot said:
Well, I'm having one of those anxious "thinking of the worst" kinds of days... :( so here's my question for today.
If an Inland application is denied, does anyone know what the process is then? I am aware that there is no right of appeal for Inland.
I assume the applicant has to leave Canada immediately, but then how long do you have to wait before you can enter, and try again?
Honestly I don't know .,..

But I know my consolation prize is New Zealand! haha, so not a bad back up plan!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lotionice said:
thanks again for the chart, LY. very helpful !!!
bon courage everyone!
You're welcome. Glad it helps you! I love to hear that. :D

absentgodot said:
Aww *hugs* try not to let the "what ifs" get to you. I was the worst for this and as hubby guessed it, we had nothing to worry about. He always tells me "no need to worry unless given something to worry about" and trust me, you don't have anything to worry about. Look at our chart here, that alone should help lift your spirits a bit more or so I hope. Yes if it is denied though (which it won't) you will have to leave but there is not time limit as to how soon you can apply again or enter back into Canada. As long as you got more evidence to proof against the reasons they denied you in the first place then you can apply again. Take some time off the forums for a bit though and enjoy anything that can get your mind off it if even for a little while. Believe me, you aren't alone and this happened to the best of us. We are here for you. Stay strong, you can get through this! :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
BenderS said:
Honestly I don't know .,..

But I know my consolation prize is New Zealand! haha, so not a bad back up plan!
Nice to have a back up plan. Our only way of actually living a healthy and fulfilling life together was to be in Canada.
Just wouldn't have been possible for hubby to immigrate to the US. He might not have gotten approved past the medical portion, for my lack of funds to show I could care for him, etc. And even if he was to be approved we would have to figure out how to pay about $3,000 a month for his medications, more money for appointments, etc. All of which is covered here and we are blessed to not have to worry about. I just wanted for us to live a happy, healthy, and long life together and me immigrating here for him to be healthier just wasn't something I questioned. Our only option would have been to try again, again, and again. I figured if it wasn't working after a few tries eventually they would see our dedication to each other and would approve it. We weren't ever going to give up.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
You're welcome. Glad it helps you! I love to hear that. :D

Aww *hugs* try not to let the "what ifs" get to you. I was the worst for this and as hubby guessed it, we had nothing to worry about. He always tells me "no need to worry unless given something to worry about" and trust me, you don't have anything to worry about. Look at our chart here, that alone should help lift your spirits a bit more or so I hope. Yes if it is denied though (which it won't) you will have to leave but there is not time limit as to how soon you can apply again or enter back into Canada. As long as you got more evidence to proof against the reasons they denied you in the first place then you can apply again. Take some time off the forums for a bit though and enjoy anything that can get your mind off it if even for a little while. Believe me, you aren't alone and this happened to the best of us. We are here for you. Stay strong, you can get through this! :D

Thanks so much Love_Young. My husband is constantly telling me the same thing. He's the kinda guy that doesn't bother worrying about anything until it becomes a real problem, in which case he still doesn't worry he just fixes it, LOL. Both our husbands are so right!
I just like to be in control of or at least be aware of the status of a situation though, so it's tough for me to just sit back and wait!
Alright I'm signing off the forum and not checking eCas or anything else CIC related for a few days.
Thanks again for the words of support. Soooo much appreciated!! :)