App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
When I got my AIP letter, it said right on it than I am now eligible to apply for a work or study permit. That's one thing that's a little strange about the hotline is you often get different opinions from different agents.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
justina said:
If you are approved for both stages, and did not apply for or were still waiting for approval of an OWP, you must wait until you receive the actual PR card and can apply for your permanent SIN. They will not allow you to apply for a temporary one, or to apply for the permanent one with the COPR.

Rather frustrating!!
My landing letter informed me that I can get SIN number right after the landing interview at Etobicoke local center. "For your convenience, Service Canada representatives will be at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new Social Insurance Number".
To be sure in this question today we called to CIC and Service Canada. Both agents said that it's a true and we can apply for SIN after landing interview.

I checked Service Canada website and found this information.
To get SIN number in Ontario you need in several documents:
- CORP;
- passport;
- current visa counterfoil affixed to a foreign passport or a travel document

Does anybody know if this information is correct?
Thank you in advance!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
What is your source (page on the website)? If I check the Service Canada website, I only can find this page (http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml) which says that you need a visa with the COPR, if you land in Canada you NEED to wait for your PR card.

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
My landing letter informed me that I can get SIN number right after the landing interview at Etobicoke local center. "For your convenience, Service Canada representatives will be at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new Social Insurance Number".
To be sure in this question today we called to CIC and Service Canada. Both agents said that it's a true and we can apply for SIN after landing interview.
Hi fleurette! I read a post about landing interview in Etobicoke local office and according to the post, you can apply for SIN # after you complete your landing process on that day, Etobicoke office organizes the service. I wish every local office organize this service to make the process easier. :) Congratulations, fleurette! soon you will become a Permanent Resident and can start working.

BelieveinGod

Jan 23, 2011
Hi Florette, yes - you will get the sin number right after your landing interview which is very quick....they will basically ask you your address and phone number as well as your mother's maiden name and father's full name.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
So weird. No update on dates today.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a police clearance from the USA? This is not for me.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
does anyones e-cas say their address twice? Mine just changed, it says current home address and current mailing address...

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
coldgirl said:
does anyones e-cas say their address twice? Mine just changed, it says current home address and current mailing address...
Cool, it may mean something, or at least someone has touched your file.
Still no updates on processing time, sad.

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
angtao said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a police clearance from the USA? This is not for me.
Mine took 12 weeks exactly. I put a note on it asking them to process it as quickly as possible, but I don't know if it helped. If you put a cover letter with your PR application explaining that the police clearance hasn't come yet, they'll add it on when you send it in. This what they told me to do and sure enough, it showed up on my ecase.

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Hi angtao! I submitted my request to the FBI on June 24, 2010 and I received the record on Aug 26, 2010.
I attached the cover letter saying I need it by August, but I'm not sure if it helped.

According to the FBI website, "Note: Although the FBI employs the most efficient methods for processing these requests, processing times may take approximately eight weeks depending on the volume of requests received."
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

I hope this helps. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
It does say on the site that it takes 12 weeks (or last time I checked anyway..).
*Edit: I now see that they say 8 weeks as katie_van posted*

The first time I sent a request it took them 12 weeks to give me an answer back only to say I needed to send more prints in.
The second time I sent them, it took 6 weeks but I don't know if putting my FedEx account info helped it speed up sending it back to me or not but I do know they sent it back FedEx and I did send several sheets of fingerprints that time around so maybe that also helped them. So who knows? ::)

I would say about 12 weeks though.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Love_Young said:
It does say on the site that it takes 12 weeks (or last time I checked anyway..).
*Edit: I now see that they say 8 weeks as katie_van posted*

The first time I sent a request it took them 12 weeks to give me an answer back only to say I needed to send more prints in.
The second time I sent them, it took 6 weeks but I don't know if putting my FedEx account info helped it speed up sending it back to me or not but I do know they sent it back FedEx and I did send several sheets of fingerprints that time around so maybe that also helped them. So who knows? ::)

I would say about 12 weeks though.
HI LY。 I have a questions.
I saw many people who send in their applications in Feb or March in the chart. but they are still waiting for DM. is that because you cannot find their information or they are actually waiting?

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
abc3896 said:
HI LY。 I have a questions.
I saw many people who send in their applications in Feb or March in the chart. but they are still waiting for DM. is that because you cannot find their information or they are actually waiting?
They got AIP but are still waiting for background check which may take up to 1 year.