+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to those who have gotten good news!! :)

I've received landing interview letter from Vancouver office today, I have my interview on Aug 10, 2011.
I'm attending a retreat during the week, but I will sneak out for the interview. ;-)
While I was wondering about my landing interview, I was thinking, would it be better if I didn't know this forum so that I wouldn't compare and I wouldn't be preoccupied with the pr processing much? ... the answer was No. I appreciate what I've learned from this forum and helping each other through a really tough time.

Thank you all and I really really hope you all have good news soon!!!

skinzrob

Jul 11, 2011
We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

;D

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
skinzrob said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

;D
Congrats! It looks like you got a first stage!:) We're on the same boat:) Did you give CIC a call? Did youask them what
kind of documents you're missing?

I called CIC today...it was one guy...posibly an idiot! When I asked him "I received my AIP letters but OWP wasn't there
when will I get it" he said...."well....about 4-6 weeks"...WTF???? And when I asked him "Do you guys start any background
checks?".....he was like "We can't discuss any background information"....what is going on with these ppl who works there?
What do you guys think???

Do they have a call center supervisor or smb who knows more than them, cause every time I get a different answer???

skinzrob

Jul 11, 2011
I received my OWP today in the mail, and that is why I checked ECAS. Besides the OWP there was nothing else in the envelope.

On the OWP in the notes it said Permanent Residency AIP-1.

I will try calling tomorrow.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
Congrats! It looks like you got a first stage!:) We're on the same boat:) Did you give CIC a call? Did youask them what
kind of documents you're missing?

Do they have a call center supervisor or smb who knows more than them, cause every time I get a different answer???
TrueRussian, you must understand that the people who answer the phone are not the agents who handle the application, they just have the knowledge of what they see on the screen, nothing more, no authority, just receptionists... imagine if we would be able to speak directly to our agents? the outcome would be 36 months of waiting... ;-)

thebean

Aug 4, 2011
Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope I am doing it right!

We applied for PR inland family sponsorship way back in December 2009. It was received on December 31st - a day off of 2010, I know, but I'm hoping you'll forgive me for posting on this thread! Here is my timeline:

Application received: December 31, 2009.

Processing started: March 9, 2010.

"Medical results have been received."

"A decision has been made and you will be contacted"

"We received the requested information on April 4, 2011. Thank you for providing the information."

From what I've read from others' helpful posts, it seems this is taking an awfully long time, and many who applied after us have been completed. It has been almost 20 months :( Does anyone know what might be causing this delay? Our application was complete. We have contacted CIC many times but they keep telling us they can't give us any more info. They did say the application was due to be "reopened" on July 4th but that was a month ago and we haven't heard anything, nor can they tell us whether or not it was actually looked at. There has been no update on eCas. We were expecting that to be the final stage but still no movement.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or can anyone offer any advice/feedback - is this normal?

Many thanks and best wishes to all!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thebean,

I never heard anything similar to your story... If I were you I would contact a lawyer or something... sorry to hear that.

___

A quick question, folks, I just got my OWP (After 3 months) and I`m wondering if any Service Canada Centre can issue my SIN number. Does anybody know that?

Much appreciated.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC said:
thebean,

I never heard anything similar to your story... If I were you I would contact a lawyer or something... sorry to hear that.

___

A quick question, folks, I just got my OWP (After 3 months) and I`m wondering if any Service Canada Centre can issue my SIN number. Does anybody know that?

Much appreciated.
Hi,CEC:
When you get your OWP, bring with it to service canada, they will issue a sin number for you in the same day, and mail a SIN CARD to your home about 3 weeks.

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
hi skinzrob,

glad u've received your OWP.
bet u're inland applicant too? in fact my timeline's almost the same as yours.
i've received my CSQ on 8th July, and still waiting my OWP.

got 2 questions for u, please advise.
1) when did u receive your CSQ?
2) did they request you to provide fingerprint before your OWP?

many thx!!!

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hey guys!

After 10 months of waiting I got first stage approval today!!!!!!

We called CIC today and they informed us that the letters have been mailed today!!!
Looking forward to get them next week!

But i still have no updates on ecas. Just trying to believe that Call agent whom we spoken with was right :)

My husband brought me a cake and flowers and we had a small celebration at the evening!
I am so happy to leap forward in the right direction!

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
Hey guys!

After 10 months of waiting I got first stage approval today!!!!!!

We called CIC today and they informed us that the letters have been mailed today!!!
Looking forward to get them next week!

But i still have no updates on ecas. Just trying to believe that Call agent whom we spoken with was right :)

My husband brought me a cake and flowers and we had a small celebration at the evening!
I am so happy to leap forward in the right direction!
congratulation,fleurette!!
the website will update after two days!!

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
ppmmwanm said:
congratulation,fleurette!!
the website will update after two days!!
Thank you, ppmmwanm!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation :D :D :D :D :D fleurette!!!!!!!!.......enjoy the rest of the week

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations fleurette!!! Finally you've got the AIP!
Your ecas will be updated in about 2 days. so happy for you :) !!!

thebean

Aug 4, 2011
Congrats fleurette!

Thanks CEC for your reply. I was hoping that we could go through the process without the expense of a lawyer, but I agree with you that it's time to contact one.

Does anyone else have any advice/thoughts? Finding this forum very helpful, thank you to all participants and best of luck to everyone.

thebean said:
Application received: December 31, 2009.

Processing started: March 9, 2010.

"Medical results have been received."

"A decision has been made and you will be contacted"

"We received the requested information on April 4, 2011. Thank you for providing the information."

From what I've read from others' helpful posts, it seems this is taking an awfully long time, and many who applied after us have been completed. It has been almost 20 months :( Does anyone know what might be causing this delay? Our application was complete. We have contacted CIC many times but they keep telling us they can't give us any more info. They did say the application was due to be "reopened" on July 4th but that was a month ago and we haven't heard anything, nor can they tell us whether or not it was actually looked at. There has been no update on eCas. We were expecting that to be the final stage but still no movement.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or can anyone offer any advice/feedback - is this normal?