vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
You're plenty welcome.
Well in my opinion, if they want to spend the money and waste it then just let them. ;) We already spend a ton of money, wait a long time, etc for this process so just let them do want they want to do. You can then shred the ones you don't need then recycle if you want to help out the environment.
hahaha, you're absolutely right!!!!

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
absentgodot said:
Alright, I have a question now :
I do not have a driver's licence at all, from any country. While I'm here on implied status, waiting for PR approval, am I permitted to get a BC Driver's License? Neither ICBC nor CIC se to be able to give me a straight answer, they just tell me to call the other one.
i just renew that recently,i live in vancouver,BC
i call ICBC, they told me if has a permit (work permit, study permit or visitor record) longer than half year, then you can take an exam, after pass the exam, you will get a DL~~~~~~ :p

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
absentgodot said:
You're probably right, L_Y!
Alright, I have a question now for anyone that might be able to answer :
I do not have a driver's licence at all, from any country. While I'm here on implied status, waiting for PR approval, am I permitted to get a BC Driver's License? Neither ICBC nor CIC seem to be able to give me a straight answer, they just tell me to call the other one.
I wouldn't be able to answer this fully as I am not from BC myself but I do know that it is dependant on the province and its rules. For me, all I needed to do was give my DMV here my US license, pay for an NL license, get my picture taken, and then my license was printed out. Very easy. But it is not this way for everyone.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
absentgodot said:
I do not have a driver's licence at all, from any country. While I'm here on implied status, waiting for PR approval, am I permitted to get a BC Driver's License? Neither ICBC nor CIC seem to be able to give me a straight answer, they just tell me to call the other one.
i live in quebec and i'm still not an official permanent resident and i drive with my international driving permit. they told me that after i become a permanent resident i have 6 months to apply for a quebec licence but i still have to pass a written and driving test. some countries like the US have an exchange licence agreement with canada and they don't have to pass a test. if you don't have already a driving licence from any country could mean that you have to wait until you are a permanent resident to apply for a learners permit and a test later. at least this is what happens in quebec

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
jhjeppe said:
Does anyone know whether the following law have been passed or not?
As Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Government of Canada have noticed an increase in the number of fraudulent marriages, they are proposing changes for the Family Class immigration category, specifically for spousal sponsorships.

Under the Family Class category, Canadian permanent residents and citizens are able to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner (non-Canadian) for Canadian permanent residency. Currently, once a spouse/partner lands in Canada as a permanent resident, they are not obliged to stay with their spouse/partner.

The Government of Canada is proposing to impose a “conditional permanent residence” for non-Canadian spouses or partners who have been in a relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years or less. The newcomer would have to remain in the relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years upon their arrival in Canada. If the newcomer decides to leave his/her spouse/partner, the permanent residence status would be revoked, which may result in their removal from Canada.

The second change would impose a “sponsorship bar”. Sponsored spouses or partners would not be able to sponsor a new spouse/partner for at least five years
I dont know if the law passed yet, but this is a conservative incentive... it is going to happen, or already passed in March this year.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
absentgodot said:
You can get an international driver license, that will do... find out in BC, `cause in Quebec you can...

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi All!

Just wanted to let you know that I've received 2 letters from CIC Vegreville last night dated Jul 22 confirming that both stages of my PR application have been approved. The one I got last week reg landing appointment came from local Halifax CIC office so apparently Vegreville advised them internally that PR has been approved.

Otherwise it's two more weeks to go till my landing appointment! Looking forward to officially land after living here for more than two years now.. finally... :D

Have a good week & weather! We're having thundershowers here in Halifax since yesterday and it’s supposed to stay this way for two more days... :'(

Stay tuned! 8)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
CIC finally has updated my ecas. They added the police certs as of July 29, 2011.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
Does anyone know whether the following law have been passed or not?
As Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Government of Canada have noticed an increase in the number of fraudulent marriages, they are proposing changes for the Family Class immigration category, specifically for spousal sponsorships.

Under the Family Class category, Canadian permanent residents and citizens are able to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner (non-Canadian) for Canadian permanent residency. Currently, once a spouse/partner lands in Canada as a permanent resident, they are not obliged to stay with their spouse/partner.

The Government of Canada is proposing to impose a “conditional permanent residence” for non-Canadian spouses or partners who have been in a relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years or less. The newcomer would have to remain in the relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years upon their arrival in Canada. If the newcomer decides to leave his/her spouse/partner, the permanent residence status would be revoked, which may result in their removal from Canada.

The second change would impose a “sponsorship bar”. Sponsored spouses or partners would not be able to sponsor a new spouse/partner for at least five years
No, it has not become law yet.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
wow Theresa_Lynn............
that's a good news now may be other June 2010 people's luck will follow your steps.
Me (Mark_Anna) CEC, GiGi, someother guys are also waiting for their police clearance attachment. Most of them have AIP & OWP in April 2011..............................thanks for your news

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted on here. I am still waiting for CIC to make their final decision on my file.

I have a question: For the last several weeks, I have called CIC and each time, after going through the on-line system and then pressing "0" to speak with an agent, I keep getting the same recorded message "All of our agents are busy. We can not transfer you to an agent. Please try your call again later."

What's up with that? Is all of CIC on holidays for the summer or something? :eek:

Has anyone else on here been able to get through to a CIC agent on the phone?

Please reply and let me know.

Thanks,
Tuggie

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuggie said:
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted on here. I am still waiting for CIC to make their final decision on my file.

I have a question: For the last several weeks, I have called CIC and each time, after going through the on-line system and then pressing "0" to speak with an agent, I keep getting the same recorded message "All of our agents are busy. We can not transfer you to an agent. Please try your call again later."

What's up with that? Is all of CIC on holidays for the summer or something? :eek:

hi

Has anyone else on here been able to get through to a CIC agent on the phone?

Please reply and let me know.

Thanks,
Tuggie

Hi Tuggie:
The best time to call them is in the early morning, around 8o'clock.
If you call them in the noon , it always busy. Last week, I try 5 times,still can't get in.
Try to call them tomorrow.

Canada07

Jun 28, 2011
Van
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2011
Hi all, just a quick update

Today a person from CIC Vancouver called me to book the Landing interview to August 15. It seems that the Vancouver office is booking landing interviews really quick (3 weeks after the approval). I remember asking the CIC’s call center and they told me that CIC Vancouver would take between 1 and 3 months. Good news for those who will land in Vancouver :).
Here is the timeline of my application:

08/10/10 Application Received
29/11/10 Started Processing
07/25/11: Approval In Principle
07/25/11: Decision Made
08/15/11: LANDING SOON in Vancouver
Full process took 311 Days (10 mon & 7 days)

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi Tuggie,

I was able to get ahold of them on Thu & Fri afternoon, just keep calling and eventually you'll get to the queu.

Good luck!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi folks,

CIC website just got updated.

I tried calling the hotline and couldn't get a hold of anybody so I used the self-service machine about my OWP.

It said they received my application on May 13 and it was issued on July 28. finally!

But with the new website update, it says:

Work Permit 82 days May 7, 2011
(new employer)

yes, it says that they are working on applications received on May 7...

anyway, i hope i get the OWP soon in the mail cause it has taken way too long.