absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, L_Y!
I do have one question: how do I include my info in the signature area at the bottom of each post?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
absentgodot said:
Thank you, L_Y!
I do have one question: how do I include my info in the signature area at the bottom of each post?
You're welcome. Yeah sure thing. You will want to do the following: click on "Profile" at the top of the page then once you get to that page, look to the left under "Modify Profile". Then click "Forum Profile Information" where you can scroll down and see "signature". There you can edit and put any information you like. Hope that helps. :)

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
You're welcome. Yeah sure thing. You will want to do the following: click on "Profile" at the top of the page then once you get to that page, look to the left under "Modify Profile". Then click "Forum Profile Information" where you can scroll down and see "signature". There you can edit and put any information you like. Hope that helps. :)
I saw that under Help too, but it seems "Account Related Settings" is all I have under "Modify Profile".
Oh well, we'll see. Thanks!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
absentgodot said:
I saw that under Help too, but it seems "Account Related Settings" is all I have under "Modify Profile".
Oh well, we'll see. Thanks!
Maybe you don't have enough posts yet? They may have changed that because of spammers, you know.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
no news for me...
we have ordered the third FOSS notes today... hope it helps understanding what is going on with the application...
hi, just wondering I order my foss notes, it almost 100pages. It include every information from 2003 till now.
If I just want them send the information about my PR status, how could I do?
Or you every-time to receive that much documents?
thanks

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Does anyone know whether the following law have been passed or not?
As Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Government of Canada have noticed an increase in the number of fraudulent marriages, they are proposing changes for the Family Class immigration category, specifically for spousal sponsorships.

Under the Family Class category, Canadian permanent residents and citizens are able to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner (non-Canadian) for Canadian permanent residency. Currently, once a spouse/partner lands in Canada as a permanent resident, they are not obliged to stay with their spouse/partner.

The Government of Canada is proposing to impose a “conditional permanent residence” for non-Canadian spouses or partners who have been in a relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years or less. The newcomer would have to remain in the relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years upon their arrival in Canada. If the newcomer decides to leave his/her spouse/partner, the permanent residence status would be revoked, which may result in their removal from Canada.

The second change would impose a “sponsorship bar”. Sponsored spouses or partners would not be able to sponsor a new spouse/partner for at least five years

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
jhjeppe said:
As Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Government of Canada have noticed an increase in the number of fraudulent marriages, they are proposing changes for the Family Class immigration category, specifically for spousal sponsorships.

Under the Family Class category, Canadian permanent residents and citizens are able to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner (non-Canadian) for Canadian permanent residency. Currently, once a spouse/partner lands in Canada as a permanent resident, they are not obliged to stay with their spouse/partner.

The Government of Canada is proposing to impose a “conditional permanent residence” for non-Canadian spouses or partners who have been in a relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years or less. The newcomer would have to remain in the relationship with their Canadian sponsor for two years upon their arrival in Canada. If the newcomer decides to leave his/her spouse/partner, the permanent residence status would be revoked, which may result in their removal from Canada.

The second change would impose a “sponsorship bar”. Sponsored spouses or partners would not be able to sponsor a new spouse/partner for at least five years
Where did you find this? The conditional visa thread? Just curious, anyway, no there has not been any changes made at this time. If there was to be, it would be posted onto the CIC website.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:

yap, i hear that.
But, i think it doesn't work yet~~~

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
ppmmwanm said:
yap, i hear that.
But, i think it doesn't work yet~~~
This basically was passed around before the previous election. It probably was just insinuated to get people worked up and to catch attention. Plus, if it is to pass, it has several steps to go through yet so it will take a while longer if they are going to do it. It will be posted on their website if it does change. Don't worry.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
This basically was passed around before the previous election. It probably was just insinuated to get people worked up and to catch attention. Plus, if it is to pass, it has several steps to go through yet so it will take a while longer if they are going to do it. It will be posted on their website if it does change. Don't worry.
yes yes, i agree with you " it will take a while longer if they are going to do it." ;D

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppmmwanm said:
hi, just wondering I order my foss notes, it almost 100pages. It include every information from i came canada till now.
Or you guys every-time to receive that much documents?
thanks
and could someone answer this?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
ppmmwanm said:
hi, just wondering I order my foss notes, it almost 100pages. It include every information from 2003 till now.
Or you every-time to receive that much documents?
thanks
I am not certain on this, however, anytime I requested mine, I always got around the same pages. Maybe one or two more depending if they added more to my file or not since I last requested. I am not sure that you can request just the information about your PR status or not.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I am not certain on this, however, anytime I requested mine, I always got around the same pages. Maybe one or two more depending if they added more to my file or not since I last requested. I am not sure that you can request just the information about your PR status or not.
ok, thank your Love_Young.
I just don't want CIC waste that much paper, cause some information just about my study permit , actually I don't need that.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
ppmmwanm said:
ok, thank your Love_Young.
I just don't want CIC waste that much paper, cause some information just about my study permit , actually I don't need that.
You're plenty welcome.
Well in my opinion, if they want to spend the money and waste it then just let them. ;) We already spend a ton of money, wait a long time, etc for this process so just let them do want they want to do. You can then shred the ones you don't need then recycle if you want to help out the environment.

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're probably right, L_Y!
Alright, I have a question now for anyone that might be able to answer :
I do not have a driver's licence at all, from any country. While I'm here on implied status, waiting for PR approval, am I permitted to get a BC Driver's License? Neither ICBC nor CIC seem to be able to give me a straight answer, they just tell me to call the other one.