Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Guess what guys?

I GOT MY PR CARD TODAY!!!!

It is so pretty you all. I just can't believe it. I think if I am lucky, I will go get my SIN on Tuesday. I know some places are closed here on Monday so not sure if they will be open. Also, just a side note, your PR card does not come in a brown envelope. No one told me that so I thought I didn't get it but luckily I read it. And I was sad at first because I thought it would feel stiff like a credit card and was afraid they didn't print it but it was in there obviously it is just more flexible than a credit card. I think they printed it on July 22nd as that is my expiry. I didn't check the mail yesterday so maybe I got it then. Anyway, I am so happy and can't believe this process is over for a couple of more years. Yay! I can't wait for you all to have this same kind of happiness.

P.S. Excuse me for posting a million happy smileys to express my happiness. Lol. I am just so happy is all. Also, I will update the chart again here very soon. :)

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Guess what guys?

It is so pretty you all. I just can't believe it. I think if I am lucky, I will go get my SIN on Tuesday. I know some places are closed here on Monday so not sure if they will be open. Also, just a side note, your PR card does not come in a brown envelope. No one told me that so I thought I didn't get it but luckily I read it. And I was sad at first because I thought it would feel stiff like a credit card and was afraid they didn't print it but it was in there obviously it is just more flexible than a credit card. I think they printed it on July 22nd as that is my expiry. I didn't check the mail yesterday so maybe I got it then. Anyway, I am so happy and can't believe this process is over for a couple of more years. Yay! I can't wait for you all to have this same kind of happiness.

P.S. Excuse me for posting a million happy smileys to express my happiness. Lol. I am just so happy is all. Also, I will update the chart again here very soon. :)
LY
Million congrats to you, you cannot believe if I tell that I was waiting for you today to announce the news of you getting your CARD………
This is really awesome.
I wish you all the best…..
Mona

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Mona_Barca said:
LY
Million congrats to you, you cannot believe if I tell that I was waiting for you today to announce the news of you getting your CARD.........
This is really awesome.
I wish you all the best.....
Mona
Oh seriously, that is just awesome and sweet. Thank you. :D I wish you all the very best too. Can't wait for your turn to get yours. :-*

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Oh seriously, that is just awesome and sweet. Thank you. :D I wish you all the very best too. Can't wait for your turn to get yours. :-*
LY
Yes, I was waiting for the PR Thread to be bumped by you.

I think you should change the date to July 28th, I believe it was arrived in your mail yesterday…..

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Guess what guys?

Congratulations Girl!!! Yikes, now you can start working....

I think government offices are closed on Monday, so better go on Tuesday and enjoy your long weekend!!!

Hey Mona! How are you? How was the move to the new place?

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Congratulations, Love_Young!
The maple card is in your hands that means the last step of the journey has been completed! :D

I am sure everyone in this thread is sharing the joy with you! Congrats again!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Mona_Barca said:
LY
Yes, I was waiting for the PR Thread to be bumped by you.

I think you should change the date to July 28th, I believe it was arrived in your mail yesterday.....
Haha too funny. It probably was in the mail yesterday but I am keeping as todays date just because that is the day I actually had it in my hands, you know? Good suggestion though. I was really trying to debate that.

lovely20 said:
Congratulations Girl!!! Yikes, now you can start working....

I think government offices are closed on Monday, so better go on Tuesday and enjoy your long weekend!!!
Thank you. OMG, I know. It feels so surreal but also happy about it. I am nervous about working as I have never actually had a job before. Ahh...I am sure it will be okay though. I am more nervous about job interviews than actually working. Seems silly don't it. Hopefully I can get a ride on Tuesday we don't have a car so FIL would need to take us out. Hubby and I discussed it though, I might not start sending in resumes yet since I have a lot of doctors appointments set up so if I got a job I didn't want to have to take too many days off from the start. It would look bad.

fleurette said:
Congratulations, Love_Young!
The maple card is in your hands that means the last step of the journey has been completed! :D
I am sure everyone in this thread is sharing the joy with you! Congrats again!
Thank you fleurette. :) I can't believe there is no more waiting to do.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Guess what guys?

Hi,L_Y,i am so glad to hear that. ;)

babel

Nov 11, 2010
hi everyone this is the first time i am posting on this forum...i have a quick qustion ..i applied for the sposual pr application in december its was recived by cic on the 16th of dec and started proccessing on the 4th of FEB , i didnt send my rcmp report for canada but i included the one from all the other countries i had lived before....so i am wondering should i send the rcmp report now or should i just wait for cic to rquest for it . My 2nd question is how long does it take after they give u AIP and request you for a rcmp report like for the 2nd stage .

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
ppmmwanm said:
Hi,L_Y,i am so glad to hear that. ;)
Thank you! :-*

babel said:
hi everyone this is the first time i am posting on this forum...i have a quick qustion ..i applied for the sposual pr application in december its was recived by cic on the 16th of dec and started proccessing on the 4th of FEB , i didnt send my rcmp report for canada but i included the one from all the other countries i had lived before....so i am wondering should i send the rcmp report now or should i just wait for cic to rquest for it . My 2nd question is how long does it take after they give u AIP and request you for a rcmp report like for the 2nd stage .
Hello babel, welcome to the thread. Most people aren't asked to send in a RCMP check. CIC does this themselves and if they did request it (which they probably won't need to) they would request it after AIP. Don't get worried, most people don't need to because usually the checks that CIC run themselves is enough.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
babel said:
Hi babel welcome to the thread!

Don't worry about your RCMP, CIC will request it directly from them you don't have to attach it. As long as all your other police clearances are attached you should be good. About your second question, it really depends on how complicated your security checks are. If you have lived in several countries and it takes a while to get the security checks you might have to wait for 9 months. But with CIC really who knows? The best advise I can give you is be patient although sometimes it's really hard to.

babel

Nov 11, 2010
well in my situations its just one country and i have sent my police clearance for that country with my applications..so i hope that should be enough but what if they ask me for a rcmp report ...how long does that take... i was thinking of getting it done now and send it as soon as possible ....but i am closing in on 9 months period so they will probabloy often it in three months time

babel

Nov 11, 2010
@ lovely 20 @ love young btw i just noticed u guys already got your decsion so congrats to both of u but did u guys sent your rcmp with your applications or not .....i am sorry i am, just a little scared casue i dont wana wait any longer then 10 months

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Thank you babel. No, I didn't need to send in one. I only lived in one country so only needed to send in my FBI clearance. I got AIP on May 18th and then two days later I got Decision Made. Most are getting both together so I can assure you that it won't be very long. You actually aren't supposed to get one until they request for one as you have to bring the letter in with you. If (and I mean a very little chance) they ask for an RCMP check you will want to send them electronically and they will receive them within 72 hours. Don't get yourself worked up. Most people get delayed in the second stage because they are asked to send in a new medical (which rarely happens), send in a new updated background check from their home country or country they went to school/worked in, or CSIS security check. First stage is not likely to get delayed even if you needed an RCMP check as they is only needed for the second stage to be approved. If needed, they would give you AIP then request it. Again, out of this whole thread I can't recall anyone being asked to submit an RCMP check (maybe 1 or 2?) I have mostly heard of them just needing to send in new background checks from another country, getting new medicals, or CSIS security checks taking a while. So relax, it will be fine. :)