Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
smishsmash said:
I'm excited to hear things are happening for everyone! I got a letter in the mail yesterday requesting a certificate of proof of divorce (from my husbands previous marriage). I sent in copies of the divorce, but I guess they need the certificate- I should have known that and just done it from the get-go. At any rate, I'm excited because at least they're reviewing my application. Not too much longer...I hope...
Well like you said at least you know they are finishing up. Send that off ASAP and I bet it won't take too much longer to hear back or I hope not. I am so glad you wrote here though because that reassures me they are working up to that date and that I should be hearing news soon myself. You relaxed my mind a lot. Good luck with everything. Please keep us up to date!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Sophie, your local office will send you another brown envelope with the landing appointment and details. It is usually anywhere between 4-6 weeks after your decesion was made.
I got mine today from Edmonton, I`m landing on the 2nd of June. I got really excited, I have a final date!
Best of luck everyone, have a lots of great news and brown envelopes!

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
angtao said:
smishsmash, when did Vegreville receive your application? Did you mail it out on July 10, 2010 and they received it on July 15,2010?

I will have LY add you to the list. Welcome. I am sure she will be happy to see another person in July that applied as she is patiently waiting to be approved. Her application was received on July 16 and there is no one that sent there app between July 6-16 as per the timelines on the chart.
yeah, sorry- they recieved my application on July 10 I believe. I had no idea when I applied that it would take this long to be processed! I wish I had known someone knowlegdable or found this forum a looooong time ago. Yes, I am hoping to ship off that certificate ASAP!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi smishsmash,

I just found this post from you and you said that it was received on July 15. Was it received on July 10, July 12 or July 15? Do you have the statement that says when it was received? For instance, we sent our app with Canada Post as registered mail so we can see what day it was signed there and of course if it got there ok.

Hi everyone,

I am from the US and my husband is a Canadian citizen. I am stressing out because I applied for PR and my app was received on July 15, 2010. I haven't heard anything from CIC still! I'm at 9.5 months right now and their website still says they're processing from May 25, 2010 (which it has said for a few weeks). I am at the end of my rope and the bottom of my savings account. The call centre keeps telling me that it is perfectly normal and to relax, but everyone I have talked to says that usually you receive your work permit in 4-6 months. I still don't have anything besides a year long visitors permit. Anyone else going through this? What could be wrong here?

all of my paperwork- med exam, background checks, etc have been submitted as well.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
I am from the US and my husband is a Canadian citizen. I am stressing out because I applied for PR and my app was received on July 15, 2010. I haven't heard anything from CIC still! I'm at 9.5 months right now and their website still says they're processing from May 25, 2010 (which it has said for a few weeks). I am at the end of my rope and the bottom of my savings account. The call centre keeps telling me that it is perfectly normal and to relax, but everyone I have talked to says that usually you receive your work permit in 4-6 months. I still don't have anything besides a year long visitors permit. Anyone else going through this? What could be wrong here?
Absolutely nothing is wrong. All the people you talked to either didn't apply through the Inland family class or they applied a few years ago when wait times were shorter. The call centre is right. All you can do is wait. You are close.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
ditta said:
Sophie, your local office will send you another brown envelope with the landing appointment and details. It is usually anywhere between 4-6 weeks after your decesion was made.
I got mine today from Edmonton, I`m landing on the 2nd of June. I got really excited, I have a final date!
Best of luck everyone, have a lots of great news and brown envelopes!
Woohoo CONGRATS ditta! So so so happy for you dear.
Keep us up to date on everything. You must be so excited.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
Hi smishsmash,

I just found this post from you and you said that it was received on July 15. Was it received on July 10, July 12 or July 15? Do you have the statement that says when it was received? For instance, we sent our app with Canada Post as registered mail so we can see what day it was signed there and of course if it got there ok.
Yes, smishsmash could you please write back about the actual date it was received on (the date listed in e-Cas). I would very much like to know. If it was actually received on the 15th then I could be receiving news this week. Please if you could get back to us soon, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

sophie100

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2010
Doc's Request.
January 12th 2011
AOR Received.
19th April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2010
LANDED..........
Landing - 9th June 2011
lilly_inland said:
Usually, if its Decision made, they will state the office that will contact you for the landing interview...
Oh, sorry! They said Edmonton in the last letter but they didn't say when.

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's so wonderful to hear these great news! Congrats! ;D

One of my friends is going to have her inland interview on May 25, however her passport will be expired on Jun 8.
Does she need to renew her passport before get the interview??

Thank you in advance! :-*

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Today is a sunny and beautiful day... spring has arrived and I really hope to hear good news from CIC this Wed! Not less than 8 days please!!! and something else... I have a friend call LY, and all of us are waiting for her papers, so... CIC give us a nice wed with a nice surprise!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
If they give us 7 or more days I will be happy.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Thanks L_Y, I am excited indeed! We will have a lot to celebrate, my little son turns 1 on the 6th, my birthday is on the 7th and I will land.
We are planning to go on a vacation right after I land for a week to Mexico, I`m trying to figure it out whether it is safe to travel without the PR card and will see. I would be so happy if we go, we had no vacation, whatsoever for years and my hubby would deserve a break as well.
I`m so rooting for you to hear news very soon, all I can say is a little bit more wait might mean you get 2nd stage too, such like me. Hang in there and spend as much time as you can with your hubby.

To Jennifer0827- If they want the passport to be renewed, they ask for it particulary in the landing appointment letter. If it is not indicated in the one your friend got, I wouldn`t worry about it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Coming in here every morning and seeing your encouragement is just amazing. It really is. I agree ditta, I am just hoping they are taking a bit longer just because they want to give us both stages or at least I hope. I am still getting slowly more impatient as the days move along. But I am guessing that is just normal for everyone isn't it. I just want to say thank you again to everyone for always supporting me, making me smile, and for encouraging me. I hope to have good news to share very soon. I checked email (no sign of e-Cas tracker update) but I checked e-Cas anyway and still nothing there. I think my MIL is going to the mail this morning though so maybe there will be a good surprise there. I have considered calling to CIC but I just don't know if I can handle it. Do you think they would at least consider telling me if the background checks are complete or is that a silly question to ask?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Love_Young said:
Coming in here every morning and seeing your encouragement is just amazing. It really is. I agree ditta, I am just hoping they are taking a bit longer just because they want to give us both stages or at least I hope. I am still getting slowly more impatient as the days move along. But I am guessing that is just normal for everyone isn't it. I just want to say thank you again to everyone for always supporting me, making me smile, and for encouraging me. I hope to have good news to share very soon. I checked email (no sign of e-Cas tracker update) but I checked e-Cas anyway and still nothing there. I think my MIL is going to the mail this morning though so maybe there will be a good surprise there. I have considered calling to CIC but I just don't know if I can handle it. Do you think they would at least consider telling me if the background checks are complete or is that a silly question to ask?
Hi LY,

I don't think that it is a bad idea to call them and ask them about the background checks. You have been waiting for so long, and you have the right to ask. Don't feel bad, just call them and ask what you feel you need to ask. In the worst case they will say that they don't have that info...
Cheers and good luck!

PEPE

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Hi Love_Young,

I think you should call CIC and ask about the status of your application. Given your timeframe, it seems that they should be very close to making a decision.

Let us know what you find out.

As far as mine, I received AIP in late April and last Friday I attended at my lawyer's office to sign and file off the Declaration (regarding my three children not getting immigration medicals) to the CIC. I expect the CIC should be receiving my Declaration this week and I hope they will determine (as my lawyer expects they will) that is enough and will proceed with 2nd stage approval.

I will keep you all posted as I hear more about my status.

Have a great day!

Tuggie