May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Pippi said:
I have the exact same question as AmandHsu.

How do we even know CIC received the application, let alone if it's processing?
if you have your client ID #, you can try to check e-cas. I first found out by calling the automated system though: 1-888-242-2100. You choose check status... enter your client ID and D.O.B. and they told me the date my application was received. That's it though. I was able to log into e-cas 3 mths after delivery.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
hi all,

no update. May applicants are recieving their AIPs but we have not heard a thing though we were in april.

checked on the automated ph thing. it used to say we should hear something by Jan31, now it said June30. today is one of the worst day. feeling as low as one can possibly get...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
komar said:
hi all,

no update. May applicants are recieving their AIPs but we have not heard a thing though we were in april.

checked on the automated ph thing. it used to say we should hear something by Jan31, now it said June30. today is one of the worst day. feeling as low as one can possibly get...
they say they process now for 9-10 months. so it might be 10 months for u. u still have time till march. it should be fine. when they used to process for 8-9months, mine was processed for 9 months not 8. so all is good still. dont worry!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Pippi said:
I have the exact same question as AmandHsu.

How do we even know CIC received the application, let alone if it's processing?
i knew they received mine when i checked my application's tracking number on website. it was received and there was electronic signature of a worker from CIC.
also after 3 months after application filed, i got my visa extension and there was my Client ID, with which i could log in to ecas.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi Pippi,

Welcome aboard! I have the same story - sent my application end of September and work permit expires end of June. Your husband has to extend his WP by getting LMO from his employer, or in case they will not do that for him - to apply for visitor stay extention before his work permit expires. He cannot stay in Canada without legal status whatsoever.

What kind of work permit does he have?

Pippi

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2016
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Latvian, his work visa is a job-specific one obtained under the young professionals program, but there was no LMO done the first time. So we need one now? Ugh.
Have you received any acknowledgment from CIC yet?

I've tried his Client ID online with no luck. And I don't even have one cuz they clearly haven't opened the envelope yet.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Pippi,

I have the same type of work permit and LMO was not required. However if you need to extend it, you have to get LMO first and then he has to apply for extention. My employer is currently working on LMO for me...

As to PR application status, you will see nothing online until CIC will send you AIP, which now takes 9-10 months... so somewhere at the end July. Online status is only available for stage 2. So you have to be patiently waiting and start working on his LMO...

Good luck!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
I have tried several times logging into to e-cas without success. Today I tried the phone service and it worked, I think from what I am reading i am unable to log into e-cas until the AIP stage. On the phone service it said we should be hearing something Nov. 2010, which has already passed. Still patiently waiting....

Jan 27, 2011
Hey guys

Is there any way to know local cic processing timeline like on which date they are working right now? or can I get local cic phone number?

Thanks

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

They are working on applications received April 20, 2010.

The phone number is 1-888-242-2100.

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
TeresaLynn said:
I have tried several times logging into to e-cas without success. Today I tried the phone service and it worked, I think from what I am reading i am unable to log into e-cas until the AIP stage. On the phone service it said we should be hearing something Nov. 2010, which has already passed. Still patiently waiting....
Teresa Lynn we only started being able to log into e-cas once my husband received his AOR by email. It took 3months for him to receive that. So dont rely on ecas try to be patient i know its hard.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
canda said:
Teresa Lynn we only started being able to log into e-cas once my husband received his AOR by email. It took 3months for him to receive that. So dont rely on ecas try to be patient i know its hard.
You applied outland which is why you got an AOR. Inland applicants do not get AOR.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Is this new? Anyone called the automated system recently? When I used to call it used to just say the date the app was received. Today it told me they expect to give me a response by February 15. Well I guess I can count that out now ;D. The day is over :p

Jan 27, 2011
TeresaLynn said:
Here is the link: .....

They are working on applications received April 20, 2010.

The phone number is 1-888-242-2100.
Hi TeresaLynn

Thanks for the link but I am asking about local cic number(after Step 1 when file transferred to local cic)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suenim said:
Is this new? Anyone called the automated system recently? When I used to call it used to just say the date the app was received. Today it told me they expect to give me a response by February 15. Well I guess I can count that out now ;D. The day is over :p

HAHA How do they expect us to take them seriously ?!
Suenim I think this date would be true if the timeline had not changed from 9 months to 9-10 months. It sucks, I know!!

Couple weeks ago I was feeling that we, people from May/2010, were getting closer to a reply then CIC started to slow down and the timeline increased.
???
I don't know what expect next, I am taking it day-by-day, I am aware that I won't hear back from them in a while, and if they keep progressing 1 day per week, we should wait and see their timeline increase even more, I am sorry for saying that, just trying to keep it real. :-[