+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Thank you Ditta

Yeah on the CIC website it says that the file was transfered to the mississauga office which what I understand from your comment doesnt mean that it has been refused it just means more time ! right? I will contact the call center do you think they could give out information like why the application is taking so long? and if I ask for FOSS will it indicate if there is any problem the file?plus I dont now where to mail the FOSS application.

Thanks again your help is greatly appreciated

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
coldgirl said:
@ Love_Young,

Hi, I have a question. So does everyone have to file tax return even if they dont have SIN?
ok, thats what happened to us. CRA requires to inform them if a person gets married, from single becomes married or common law. so my hubby called them and told them that he got married.
then he received a letter from CRA asking me to give some data, like my name, wedding date, date of entering Canada etc. we sent them a letter but i think it got lost or smth. then they sent a letter with short questionnaire with same questions to me. it was much easier to answer it. i sent it back and after a month or so CRA send me a letter requesting to file my taxes. it was last year summer. i think they sent me my TTN number but it only can be used for CRA.
and if u dont have a SIN number u cant file taxes online, u cant put zeros online.
so i filed my taxes on paper (bunch of papers). i didnt have any income but still i had to file. and then after some months CRA sent us a letter saying that they calculated our family's income and they added some money to GST credit for both of us.
we live in Ontario. Hubby alone used to get ~99$ every 3 months. now we are getting 125$ and 70$. one of them is ontario sales credit or smth like that. and when those sales taxes merged into HST they calculated for us 330$ every 6 months. june-december-june. i think its only for 3 times and thats it.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Material, you will find all the info about the FOSS notes, how to order them and where to send the request:
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Your FOSS notes should indicate more than the call centre can tell you. If you see in your e-cas that the file was transferred to Mississagua, that`s all the call centre will tell you. Some people`s FOSS notes releases more information than others, but you have no other source to try to find out why the transfer happened. Mississagua should schedule an interview for your wife and you- how long does that take from the time of transfer no one really knows. In Calgary or Edmonton it might take a year or more to get an interview date.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks again Ditta

You have really helped me out here I will follow the instructions and mail the FOSS notes and see what happens !

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Well they moved more than 1 day this week...
Working on Applications received on April 26th!

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
hey all!!

i called cic just a few minutes ago asking on what the status of my application is... they're doing background checks for mine so hopefully i should hear something soon. she said that i'll probably hear back from them by the end of march. i told her what my predicament was at the moment in regards to my work permit expiring next month and that i didn't send an owp application with my pr application. she says that i can send in an owp application now while my pr application is in process provided that i include a letter instructing them to attach it to my pr application. i told her that i was advised a month or 2 ago that this is no longer allowed, and she says that they received an update that now it's allowed again. was anyone provided this same information?? i'm going to call again and speak to someone else and ask if this really is the case...

thanks!! good luck to all :)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hey, Cutieshashie,
That could be great if they take the OWP requests again separately. I wanted to get it attached to our file in December and of course at that time it wasn`t allowed. I`m going to wait if I get my WP extension in March or not and decide at that time about my OWP. If I get it, I`m in no rush to have the OWP, I would work for the same employer anyway.

Material- You are very welcome! Hope you will be able to find out what is going on. Keep us updated and good luck!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
brightsage said:
my neighbor, who is philpino and also in the process told me she watched a documentary the other night about the canadain immigration system etc etc........regarding the office in vegreville, alberta they said there are only EIGHT (8) case workers there working on more than ONE (1) MILLION files.....i find that almost impossible to believe but may account for there slowness and stupidity.......
I did some quick math walking home from the busstop. If this would be true, it would mean that IOs got about 20 seconds to completely review a case and make a decision.

I doubt that this is the complete truth. Maybe those one million files are spread over Vegreville, Missassauga and the embassies around the world...

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Pippi and Latvian (page 109): if you applied inland and requested the open work permit that comes with AIP, you don't need to get a new work permit for in the mean while. Let the current WP expire and you'll be able to continue under the same conditions until a descision is made ('implied status').

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Jurjen said:
@ Pippi and Latvian (page 109): if you applied inland and requested the open work permit that comes with AIP, you don't need to get a new work permit for in the mean while. Let the current WP expire and you'll be able to continue under the same conditions until a descision is made ('implied status').
My OWP expires July, so do I have to renew mine ? or wait for CIC decision as all checks are done now , just waiting for final decision .

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Thanks a lot to Love_Young and Asta about the tax things info, it's really sooooo useful for me.

I tried to do the tax refund things last year but failed because my bf's accountant requested my SIN # after I am no longer an international student so I couldn't get one. I thought I'll never have a chance to get the tax back until I become a PR but you two do really help me a lot today. THANK YOU!!!!!!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I do taxes for a living so i can give you tax info you need. As for filing taxes you don't need to file taxes if you are not generating income, however if you want to receive family benefits such as GST of child tax if you have kids, then both you and your partner must file. Not everyone is entitled to GST, it is based on family income and it is one cheque per family four time per year. To obtain a TTN you must fill out a form and the international tax office will assign one to you. Like Love_young said it is a busy time of year for CRA so it may take twice as long to get the TTN. If it is your first time filing in Canada it can take up to 16 weeks to get your return processed, and you must sent it to the international tax office in Ottawa. So my suggestion to everyone who is thinking of filing is to do it soon. I hope this helps :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Oh yea one more thing, you can claim your medical expenses on your return as long as the medical expenses are at least 3% of your net income or $2,024 whichever is less. Unfortunately there is no where on the return to claim the fees paid for the immigration process...boo! LOL anyway I hope this clarifies a few things.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
We dont have any kids. But do we have to file together, or does my husband just add me as his dependent?

Thanks for your help!