Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Wow, can I relate to what you are saying.

Hang in there.

Tuggie

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thanks so much Tuggie. We have to stick in there together.
Plus it seems we have similar things in common and our timeline is around each other.
You hold tight and stay strong as well.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
*insert another rant* Must be ranting day for me. Please join in if you like.

Also, I feel like it isn't fair that we all have to feel tortured or punished for finally finding the love of our life. That is uncalled for. I didn't know who I was going to fall in love with and I didn't chose it either. It chose us. Fate chose us. I just hate that we have to go through all of this especially with my husband having a disease that already makes him have a shortened life. I hate to think on it but he will be lucky if he makes it to 37. Is it so bad that we want to form a great life together while we still have that opportunity? Also with him having this disease it makes him infertile so the only way of having a child together is through in vitro. If it isn't one thing it is another. I just want to be able to finally start our life together, go to school, buy a home, start trying to have a child through IVF which as most know can take years and costs a lot of money. I was patient before but I almost can't take it anymore. I feel like I am going insane. I just want to live a life with my soulmate. Why is that so hard to achieve or ask for?

*end unneeded rant*

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can totally relate to everything you have said.

It's going to be my third Christmas far away from home(+ birthdays and other special occasions).

I love my partner's family, I love our friends but nothing can be compared to my family, "my people" back home.

ps: I am just like you, I never cry while I am speaking to my mother even though I wanna do it badly, I hold it till I get off the phone then I cry rivers.

Hang in there dear L_Y our time will come! xo

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:

Also, I feel like it isn't fair that we all have to feel tortured or punished for finally finding the love of our life. That is uncalled for. I didn't know who I was going to fall in love with and I didn't chose it either. It chose us. Fate chose us. I just hate that we have to go through all of this especially with my husband having a disease that already makes him have a shortened life. I hate to think on it but he will be lucky if he makes it to 37. Is it so bad that we want to form a great life together while we still have that opportunity? Also with him having this disease it makes him infertile so the only way of having a child together is through in vitro. If it isn't one thing it is another. I just want to be able to finally start our life together, go to school, buy a home, start trying to have a child through IVF which as most know can take years and costs a lot of money. I was patient before but I almost can't take it anymore. I feel like I am going insane. I just want to live a life with my soulmate. Why is that so hard to achieve or ask for?

*end unneeded rant*
aww Love young, biggest hugs to u!
didnt know u going through soo much. i hope and wish that everything gonna happen as u guys wish. if situation like this, cant waste any day. try not to worry too much about this process. everything gonna be ok. just need to wait for that AIP. try to enjoy each others company as much as possible, and forget a bit bout this immigration stuff.
best of luck for u both :-*

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Just put the application in the mail! Sent it 2-day express - even after going through everything over and over, and getting my partner to go through it all one last time, I'm still scared that I forgot or messed up some crucial thing and they'll either send it back or deny me..... Now it's just a waiting game, but I'm so glad to finally have it out of my hands.

Love Young, I'm sorry the holidays are so tough for you!! Hang in there - I think that, even though you will probably always miss your family, it will get easier after you can come and go freely, and you are not just hanging in limbo like right now. Uncertainty makes things more difficult, I think. Hugs to you!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello people give me some sugessions or solaces Yes we have to wait...even I can't see any E-cas or online record for my profile with the use of my client ID after 5 months. Actually right now I am on student visa so my status is legal until August 2011, I also apply for open work permit with my P.R file. Right now after marriage I am not attending any college because I don't have money. Is that make any difference?! I think 9 months (1st stage) is the most than after will not take much time in 2nd stage security. Though depend on case to case bases...no study, no job, so boring (Can't see even more movies on internet otherwise big long bill will come at the end of the month which is also hard when u don't have job)

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Hi Mark Anna, I am in the same situation - on a student visa but I stopped taking classes and am just waiting for the PR app to go through..... I talked to an immigration lawyer who told me it is legal for me to stay in Canada as long as my student visa is valid, but if I am not enrolled in classes I shouldn't leave Canada because they might not let me back across the border - then my inland application would be cancelled.

So, it's my understanding that it shouldn't matter as long as you stay in Canada. Did you apply for an open work permit? You should be able to get one after first stage approval, from what I've read.

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Oh yes, and I wanted some advice from everybody. I'm an American citizen, and I got my FBI record in March of 2010, expecting to get my application in much much sooner. I also needed police certificates from China, where I lived for a few years, and these proved to be a nightmare to get (got one of them, still trying to get other one!!), and delayed everything for months and months. So by the time they're processing my application, my FBI cert of no criminal record will be a year old. It takes about three months to get these things back from the FBI, so should I pre-emptively request another one, in case CIC asks for an updated one? There is no expedited process - don't want to lose three months over something stupid like that ....

I visited the States briefly in July - just for a week - but it is after I got the FBI cert. Anyone have similar experience?

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
love-young , you are not alone ! reading your post made me cry ... :( I have teenagers back in England and for 3 years I have not been back ,,Christmas is the hardest time for me not seeing my children so I can understand how you and your mum feel ..my Son came over with my mum this year which was a wonderfull feeling , but my daughters have sons one of which was born in July and have not yet had a chance to meet him , I feel so desperate here not being there for them in time of need as every child no matter how old needs the love of a mother and vice versa .

I have tried and tried so hard to forget about immigration and every time I speak to my children on the phone I keep saying not long now before I can come to visit and I hear them choke up and saying 'mum I miss you so bad' I have to be strong for the children not to crack on the phone cos I dont want them to think negative thoughts .

I left England in 2008 with my husband he is Canadian too , and this whole process for family class is a very agonising experience , I believe many people end up with depression as not seeing family members of your own can be very upsetting , its all very well having in-laws but its not the same as your own family.

All I can suggest is stay strong , you wont be waiting for ever , the time will come when you can hop on that plane and give your mom a big hug .

By the way, I hadnt seen my mom for 17 years due to a family fall out and when she contacted me and told me she was coming I almost fainted ! we have so many years to catch up and we are both stronger and closer than ever :D

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Love_Young said:

*end unneeded rant*
HUGGS to you love_young ... ive been feeling pretty low recently for obvious reasons :( :( :(

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Love_Young said:
These words are always the ones I think of when I miss my mom: "Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around,when I'm much too far away." I pray that God holds her until I can get back home.

Here are the lyrics to the song: http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/avengedsevenfold/deargod.html
Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzX0rhF8buo
Love_Young, this is a great song, I love it. I hope you get to see you family soon, I know it feels like we have to make a choice to be with the one we love or family. When we get PR it will be so much better and we will not feel stuck. Being able to skype home and actually see my family is great...but still not the same as getting a real hug!

Eyeoftheocean, so happy you have you mother back in your life!

BB- it's great you have your FOSS notes, hopefully you get more this week or next to help fill in the missing pieces.

Mark_Anna welcome :)

Hang in there everyone, I am sending all my positive thoughts to all of you!

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love-young dnt think about this immigration stuffs sometimes i knw it's hard but just try ur best you may end up havin stress n depression which isn't a good thing.
BB dnt worry everything will be ok at the end
Mark_Anna said:
Hello people give me some sugessions or solaces Yes we have to wait...even I can't see any E-cas or online record for my profile with the use of my client ID after 5 months. Actually right now I am on student visa so my status is legal until August 2011, I also apply for open work permit with my P.R file. Right now after marriage I am not attending any college because I don't have money. Is that make any difference?! I think 9 months (1st stage) is the most than after will not take much time in 2nd stage security. Though depend on case to case bases...no study, no job, so boring (Can't see even more movies on internet otherwise big long bill will come at the end of the month which is also hard when u don't have job)
as long u have status in canada its not a big deal i believe till next year August you will have something called AIP n sorry why did't u apply for student off compus work permit?
28 NOVEMBER is my birthday but its going to the worst of all too much bad memories just wish everyone to get PR soon.take care guys

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Wow the support from you all is so tremendous. I hope so much that I can be there for you all in the same way you have been for me. Again I am so sorry I had to bring sadness into the thread, however, I knew my down day was coming soon. I just can't seem to get my spirits up. But the support I have received from you all have given me the strength to keep pushing on. I am going to stick by all of your sides until we all have our happy endings. If you ever feel alone, want to rant, or just want to share a story, please feel free to post. If you need help, I will be there. I love this inlander family I am a part of!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Love_Young: I totally understand what you're saying. This will be my first Christmas, birthday (4-12) and St. Nicolas (5-12) without my family. I was never that open about emotions with my parents (neither were they), but suddenly I found this email in my inbox from my mon saying that it's so weird for her to have December coming up without me around and that she misses me very much. It's heart tearing...

At the same time, the neighbours pull out the cheesy tasteless Christmas lights (sorry if there are people that actually like them here, it's nothing personal ;-), which are not so present (yet) in my motherland. I can't stand seeing X-mass in stores already in October and I'm waiting for a chance to ship my belongings over.
I'm looking forward to visit my parents again, seeing all my old friends and neighbours (they're pretty close in my old street). Maybe in January, if the plane tickets are cheaper again. And then I have to be back in time before my implied status starts. It's very heavy, it's constantly on my mind, sometimes it keeps me from sleeping.

Hooray for bureaucracy!