25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
liza-laziza said:
Does anybody know how long it takes to see the acknowledgement of receipt of the medicals on your e-cas (e.g., "medical results have been received") after you are asked to redo your medicals???
I never got either one. I have called and asked if they got my medicals or not, and they have. Sometimes it just doesn't show.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
liza-laziza said:
Does anybody know how long it takes to see the acknowledgement of receipt of the medicals on your e-cas (e.g., "medical results have been received") after you are asked to redo your medicals???
I did my medical on Aug 10, 2010 and was received by CIC on Aug 25 2010 which is showed on my FOSS
But it had never showed up on my Ecas until I got DM

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
PUZZLED said:
Well...Finally I'm officially landed :D Today I have the landing interview at 8:15am in Montréal City but it took us 2 hours for everything. I wanna share my experience what happened in my interview. When I arrived there with my spouse people are waiting on a long line and the office is not yet open as my schedule was 8:15 but they started letting the people inside at 8:30 ::) I belonged to a large group today like more than 50 person was scheduled. They brought us in one room with the projector which shows us the rules and regulations when we received our COPR. There was one man and woman officer standing in front and explaining to the group the instruction of what we gonna do , they told us to wait for our name to be called by an agent. Each person has an agent assigned. So we waited for our name to be called and I was assigned to a lady officer . She's nice and very helpful :) She ask my documents: PASSPORT, CSQ, SIN CARD, and the original letter of my landing interview. She let me read and check the details of my COPR then I signed it. She asked me 2 questions: DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN IN OTHER COUNTRY and DID YOU COMMIT CRIME IN OTHER COUNTRY OR CANADA? She also asked the identification of my husband, and just for info SPOUSE must be with you during the landing interview just to clarify because lots of people ask if they need to bring the spouse . The Pr card will arrive by mail within 4 to 6 weeks.Then she told me to wait for another agent to process my NEW SIN CARD. We waited and called again by an agent and ask me to fill up some documents for my SIN then she asked me to gave her back the old card because I dont need it anymore. She gave me a new sin card number but the card will arrive within 10 days by mail. So now its over I will be just waiting for the card :) and I cant believe that after 20 months of hardships now the day finally came!!! ;D ...that i can breath clearly, sleep tight and release myself from pressure. Back to normal life! :D

Just wanna say thank you to all the members here in this forum who in one way or another helped me in times of confusion, questions and disappointment. I will continue to be part of this forum but I will be busy for a while in searching for job ;). Life starts now and Good Luck to all the people who are still starting, waiting and soon to be finish their long journey. Dont lose hope because Everything has its own time... ;) Thank you all so much . I really appreciate the help and encouragement in this forum. God bless us all! :)

Bonne soirée! cheers! ;D
Congrats! It really does sound like the landing interview is a big fat formality than anything. A lot of people are afraid of it. 2 hours though! I guess that was the presentation?

Glad you're finally free of this burden! Have fun with your life! <3

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
CrazyLucy said:
Congrats! It really does sound like the landing interview is a big fat formality than anything. A lot of people are afraid of it. 2 hours though! I guess that was the presentation?

Glad you're finally free of this burden! Have fun with your life! <3
Thank you. It took 2 hours with us because its a big group and they open late ! :( and Yes! Its just a formality. For those who are afraid of landing interview ..well Dont :) because can you imagine what we all been through with this processing and of course not to mention the pressured, stress the money that we spend and most of all the agony of waiting like you feel its taking forever...Come to think of it before the landing interview we are all screened and approved with AIP, CSQ so this is just a final step of releasing our PR and there is no reason they will deny us ;D Good luck!

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I want to share my landing experience, too.

I landed on March 27. The whole process took only 5 minutes which is amazing!
We came an hour earlier, just to be sure that we wont miss the interview. We thought we will have to wait an hour to be called, but when we just came, they let us do the interview right away.

A very nice man called us into a room, asked me two typical questions about having children or having any criminal..., then told me sign here, and sign here, and signed here. That was so quick, I even did not have time to realize that I was signing on the Confirmation of Permanent Resident and become a PR. And the officer suddenly said you are done! I was frozen for a moment as I still did not quite understand what happened, and I awkwardly asked "do..do.. you not want to see my husband's ID as we were told to bring his ID to display today?" And he said "No, I just need to see him, that's all!" Then, he said now just go home and wait for PR card, then use it to apply for SIN. You can apply for Health Card now if you wish.

Then we say thank you and leave the room. When we went out, we both were so happy. My husband told me a funny joke "I did not have to do any thing, just sit there as a handsome model!"

The end of the story, I am officially PR now after a really long time of waiting and stress - 22 months and 3 weeks...

Extra details
Actually my surprise was double because I did not know that I will have the landing interview until the day before the landing day. I predicted that I will be landing within the last week of March , but I did not see any letter from my local CIC. I felt worried, so I ran to the CIC on Monday-March 26. They checked the schedule and said I was scheduled for landing tomorrow, but they do no know why I haven't received the letter from them.
The same officer that did the landing interview for me gave me a letter and told me to bring my husband and his ID-passport or driver license, and both of us need to show up tomorrow. That is why I asked the interviewer officer if he needs to see my husband's ID at the landing interview.
I just feel like "WOW! I am landing tomorrow????"

My feeling about everything is happy, surprised, and released....

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Hi Jesse-love congrats....plz tell us which office you landed....and when apply foe sin,,they take your sin back or how it's work,,,thanks

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baba2010 said:
Hi Jesse-love congrats....plz tell us which office you landed....and when apply foe sin,,they take your sin back or how it's work,,,thanks
I did not have a sin before, so they told me to wait for PR card - about 6 weeks- then, I can bring the PR card to Service Canada and apply for a sin.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
jesse_love said:
Hi I want to share my landing experience, too.

I landed on March 27. The whole process took only 5 minutes which is amazing!
We came an hour earlier, just to be sure that we wont miss the interview. We thought we will have to wait an hour to be called, but when we just came, they let us do the interview right away.

A very nice man called us into a room, asked me two typical questions about having children or having any criminal..., then told me sign here, and sign here, and signed here. That was so quick, I even did not have time to realize that I was signing on the Confirmation of Permanent Resident and become a PR. And the officer suddenly said you are done! I was frozen for a moment as I still did not quite understand what happened, and I awkwardly asked "do..do.. you not want to see my husband's ID as we were told to bring his ID to display today?" And he said "No, I just need to see him, that's all!" Then, he said now just go home and wait for PR card, then apply for SIN when you got your PR. You can apply for Health Card now if you wish.

Then we say thank you and leave the room. When we went out, we both were so happy. My husband told me a funny joke "I did not have to do any thing, just sit there as a handsome model!"

The end of the story, I am officially PR now after a really long time of waiting and stress - 22 months and 3 weeks...

Extra details
Actually my surprise was double because I did not know that I will have the landing interview until the day before the landing day. I predicted that I will be landing within the last week of March , but I did not see any letter from my local CIC. I felt worried, so I ran to the CIC on Monday-March 26. They checked the schedule and said I was scheduled for landing tomorrow, but they do no know why I haven't received the letter from them.
The same officer that did the landing interview for me gave me a letter and told me to bring my husband and his ID-passport or driver license, and both of us need to show up tomorrow. That is why I asked the interviewer officer if he needs to see my husband's ID at the landing interview.
I just feel like "WOW! I am landing tomorrow????"

My feeling about everything is happiness, surprise, and released....
Congratulations! :D Good luck and have fun in your life. :D

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
jesse_love said:
I did not have a sin before, so they told me to wait for PR card - about 6 weeks- then, I can bring the PR card to Service Canada and apply for a sin.
You can apply for the SIN (the permanent one) with the record of landing you got on the landing interview.
Some offices (like Etobicoke where my husband landed) process the SIN right away "in sittu"... if your office didnt do it, go to service canada and you live the office with your number, and the card in a week... ;)

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April will be 1 year for me after AiP and nothing.

I just called CIC because my BFD was March 25 and nothing happened apparently.

On top of that, CIC is returning 300k skilled worker applications received before 2008. It is just unbelievable how bad this government is.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
CEC said:
April will be 1 year for me after AiP and nothing.

I just called CIC because my BFD was March 25 and nothing happened apparently.

On top of that, CIC is returning 300k skilled worker applications received before 2008. It is just unbelievable how bad this government is.
Ya its bad........ but the best there is in the world.

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Hey friends! My wife got landed today! It's a very simple process and the officers at Etobicoke were quite nice. The long process is finally officially over. There is no word to describe our feelings. At a couple of points during this long, painful process, we were on verge of giving it up. Thanks to the friends on this board we were able to keep the ball rolling.

I have to say this forum is awesome! When we all come together and help each other, nothing cannot be overcome!!! I owe several good people here big time. I don't have any physical way to pay you back. My wife and I just wish you all the very best in your life. To those who are still waiting and struggling, please never give up and always try. Eventually, patience gets rewarded. The long wait is tough and painful. But it's worth it. My wife and I are so happy now and very grateful for everything.

We decide to wait for the PR card before traveling abroad because we learned today that the record of landing paper was no good for travelling. Like one of you said, several more weeks is nothing compared to the long road we've already walked. haha.

Good luck, all of you. Keep it up there.