+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Babyhangon said:
Hey friends! My wife got landed today! It's a very simple process and the officers at Etobicoke were quite nice. The long process is finally officially over. There is no word to describe our feelings. At a couple of points during this long, painful process, we were on verge of giving it up. Thanks to the friends on this board we were able to keep the ball rolling.

I have to say this forum is awesome! When we all come together and help each other, nothing cannot be overcome!!! I owe several good people here big time. I don't have any physical way to pay you back. My wife and I just wish you all the very best in your life. To those who are still waiting and struggling, please never give up and always try. Eventually, patience gets rewarded. The long wait is tough and painful. But it's worth it. My wife and I are so happy now and very grateful for everything.

We decide to wait for the PR card before traveling abroad because we learned today that the record of landing paper was no good for travelling. Like one of you said, several more weeks is nothing compared to the long road we've already walked. haha.

Good luck, all of you. Keep it up there.
Congratulations!!! Yes this forum helps a lot...Cheers and enjoy!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Hi 2010 members

I've landed this morning at Nanaimo. Here is what happened during the "final step" ;D

We arrived there 11:40 since the meeting time was setting at 11:45, knocked the office door because they actually only open for public on Thursday. A lade came and invited us into a small office. Then she asked my passport, 2 pics and my bf's drive license. During the time when she checked the info between my passport and landing paper, she asked us some questions, I was quite nervous because I thought "what?? interview?? will she ask us to leave if we don't answer correct??" She asked how we knew each other, how my bf likes my hometown if he has ever been there? How long we have been living together.....what school did I go before moving to this town.....I was wondering how many question she had at that time...But it's not really an interview, more like chatting, that's how I felt.

After 10 mins, she said, "ok, now I have to confirm something with you (me),
do you have any other child besides the one you listed on the form"
"No"
"Are you thinking about sponsoring him (my son) later?"
"Yes"
"who has the full custody?"
"My ex-husband but he said he is fine if the kid decides to come living with me after he's 16"
"ok.." "now I have other question that you only need to answer yes or no..."
"have you committed any crime in Canada or other country?"
"no"
"have you received an order from Canada or other country to ask you leave" (sorry I don't remember the exactly words, something like that)

"not yet" ( Yes, i was too nervous to forget that she said "only answer yes or no...." but she just smiled to me... :p )
"well, that's it, congratulations you become PR from Canada today....now you can think about how to celebrate it...."
So she gave me the lading paper and my passport back (she wrote something on my passport but I haven't read yet), I didn't know what to say when the paper in my hand....she broke the silence suddenly, said " I know that paper looks like a crap....hahaha :p :p :p and I recommend you making some copies because the words on the paper may disappear years later since the ways it's printed." ( I didn't know if I should laugh with her or not at that time....) She also gave me back "all the study/work permit" I have and told me, you can keep it for memory... :)

Then, she asked me if I had SIN, care card already, I answered "no" but I applied care card 2 months ago.
She said, I had better to send a copy of my landing paper to MSP so they can change my info, and she recommend me to apply SIN after I get my PR card. Also, she mentioned, I knew you may like traveling back to hometown but I still suggest you to wait the card, if you really want to go without the card then be sure you'll get the travel doc before you coming back.

That's it, then we shake hand and said goodbye. Until now, I still feel it's like a dream....but anyway, I finished. I want to thank everyone here because I was not only getting info here but also lots of encourage/support....I truly appreciate. I hope I can do something someday for you guys. Thank you

H

hispassionfruit

I know I only come in here sporadically (am spending most of my time offline as a family member has a terminal illness).. Last week I received a notice from CIC Vegreville that my application for family sponsorship was completed and I would hear from the CIC office in Sherbrooke. Yesterday I got my notice from the Sherbrooke office, Interview on April 23. (YAY!)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
AmandaHsu said:
Hi 2010 members

I've landed this morning at Nanaimo. Here is what happened during the "final step" ;D

We arrived there 11:40 since the meeting time was setting at 11:45, knocked the office door because they actually only open for public on Thursday. A lade came and invited us into a small office. Then she asked my passport, 2 pics and my bf's drive license. During the time when she checked the info between my passport and landing paper, she asked us some questions, I was quite nervous because I thought "what?? interview?? will she ask us to leave if we don't answer correct??" She asked how we knew each other, how my bf likes my hometown if he has ever been there? How long we have been living together.....what school did I go before moving to this town.....I was wondering how many question she had at that time...But it's not really an interview, more like chatting, that's how I felt.

After 10 mins, she said, "ok, now I have to confirm something with you (me),
do you have any other child besides the one you listed on the form"
"No"
"Are you thinking about sponsoring him (my son) later?"
"Yes"
"who has the full custody?"
"My ex-husband but he said he is fine if the kid decides to come living with me after he's 16"
"ok.." "now I have other question that you only need to answer yes or no..."
"have you committed any crime in Canada or other country?"
"no"
"have you received an order from Canada or other country to ask you leave" (sorry I don't remember the exactly words, something like that)

"not yet" ( Yes, i was too nervous to forget that she said "only answer yes or no...." but she just smiled to me... :p )
"well, that's it, congratulations you become PR from Canada today....now you can think about how to celebrate it...."
So she gave me the lading paper and my passport back (she wrote something on my passport but I haven't read yet), I didn't know what to say when the paper in my hand....she broke the silence suddenly, said " I know that paper looks like a crap....hahaha :p :p :p and I recommend you making some copies because the words on the paper may disappear years later since the ways it's printed." ( I didn't know if I should laugh with her or not at that time....) She also gave me back "all the study/work permit" I have and told me, you can keep it for memory... :)

Then, she asked me if I had SIN, care card already, I answered "no" but I applied care card 2 months ago.
She said, I had better to send a copy of my landing paper to MSP so they can change my info, and she recommend me to apply SIN after I get my PR card. Also, she mentioned, I knew you may like traveling back to hometown but I still suggest you to wait the card, if you really want to go without the card then be sure you'll get the travel doc before you coming back.

That's it, then we shake hand and said goodbye. Until now, I still feel it's like a dream....but anyway, I finished. I want to thank everyone here because I was not only getting info here but also lots of encourage/support....I truly appreciate. I hope I can do something someday for you guys. Thank you
Congratulations! Cheers and have fun! ;D

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hispassionfruit said:
I know I only come in here sporadically (am spending most of my time offline as a family member has a terminal illness).. Last week I received a notice from CIC Vegreville that my application for family sponsorship was completed and I would hear from the CIC office in Sherbrooke. Yesterday I got my notice from the Sherbrooke office, Interview on April 23. (YAY!)
Congratulations! Cheers and Good luck!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, 7 months since AIP and still waiting.......this waiting business is too much and killing me softly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
It's gonna be 8 months tomorrow for me. I called today...they give me the same response like "check back around the end of June" or within a 2 month time frame. I guess it's just time to going back to when I pretended like the application wasnt in process and just living day by day. Stressing and being sad gets you nowhere. Seeing people landing and stuff really is bitter-sweet.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
tozo said:
Hello, 7 months since AIP and still waiting.......this waiting business is too much and killing me softly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You better contact your MP. If not it will remain like that.
If your marriage or relationship is genue I will advise you to do that ASAP. It deos't hurt.
The so called VO just do whatever they like. They want to turn themselves to be God.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLICAP said:
You better contact your MP. If not it will remain like that.
If your marriage or relationship is genue I will advise you to do that ASAP. It deos't hurt.
The so called VO just do whatever they like. They want to turn themselves to be God.
How does this "call your MP" work? I live in Toronto and I have no idea how we should call...

We are going to 1 year after AiP here and no news yet.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
CEC said:
How does this "call your MP" work? I live in Toronto and I have no idea how we should call...

We are going to 1 year after AiP here and no news yet.
Please check online for the MP representing in your area. Example, if you live in Etobicoke Central in Toronto , you will find the MP for your area with the phone number and call, book an appointment and then go there with all your supporting documents. They will follow it up / speed up the processing of your application provided it is genue.

Check this link for the list of MPs in your area.
http://www.canada.gc.ca/directories-repertoires/direct-eng.html#mem

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLICAP said:
Please check online for the MP representing in your area. Example, if you live in Etobicoke Central in Toronto , you will find the MP for your area with the phone number and call, book an appointment and then go there with all your supporting documents. They will follow it up / speed up the processing of your application provided it is geniue.
Policap,every case and the way cic deal with ,i have non-accompany dependent and they just attached requested document and lknow my B/f date is 3months its not about geninueness as you
each case is different and hopefully we will get there.any way policap have you landed yet?well for your information after AIP,the rest is background check,and other verifications so welcome to the thread

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
tozo said:
Policap,every case and the way cic deal with ,i have non-accompany dependent and they just attached requested document and lknow my B/f date is 3months its not about geninueness as you
each case is different and hopefully we will get there.any way policap have you landed yet?well for your information after AIP,the rest is background check,and other verifications so welcome to the thread
Tozo, I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my wife for inland PR. I landed many years ago (13 years) as an independent skilled immigrant. I sponsor myself into this country. Just unfortunate, I lived in the US for some years and trying to get PR for my wife. It's over a year since we submitted application for PR. No AIP or whatever. I contacted my MP last week and my file was brought forward for immediately review last Monday. If not for that move the file will just be sitting there for nothing. A lot things have changed in the immigration process. In my case, that was what I did for my wife and speed up the processing. I will advice those who have genuine marriage to do the same.

C

Canada-India

tozo said:
I am also still waiting...

C

Canada-India

CrazyLucy said:
It's gonna be 8 months tomorrow for me. I called today...they give me the same response like "check back around the end of June" or within a 2 month time frame. I guess it's just time to going back to when I pretended like the application wasnt in process and just living day by day. Stressing and being sad gets you nowhere. Seeing people landing and stuff really is bitter-sweet.
Yes it's very frustrating, we are also still waiting...

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
CrazyLucy said:
Let me congratulate you on this sad anniversary, Crazy Lucy! I hope those agents just want to allow plenty of time for the officers to process your file, but it doesn't mean it is really going to take you that long. It's true what you said: we just have to appreciate every day of our lives and get the best out of it whatever our status is. Just like you I am going to go to a college and this waiting time is pretty challenging. But we know that this story has a good ending and the more we wait the more rewarding it will feel!)