n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
CVotto said:
I do wonder why it is taking so much more time for us when other applications were done in a year?
I wonder the same as well it aint fair

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
CVotto said:
We are still waiting for our second stage approval. My husband is from Romania and he was issued a 3 year open work permit after the first approval. It's so frustrating how long this process is taking. On the site it shows 8 months for stage 2, which for us should be this month. I hope, I hope , I hope...fingers crossed.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 1, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on July 14, 2011 about the decision on your application.

We received the requested information on November 22, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
Now we wait :(
Yes it is very long, My boyfriend just got AIP and WP after 15 months, we are still waiting for the AIP letter.....when I phone call center they told there was a request about fingerprints..?? Let's see what it is...

Can I ask what documents they requested after your AIP ? which I see they received on Nov 22.

Good luck !!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa_ja,well its seems that you did not add the fingerprint together with your application that is why they have requested it and its will be use for background and criminality checks and this will further delay the processing for you.....i dont know the waiting time for opening additional requested document and hoping its will not be over a month......well its depend on each case and whats documents you submitted with your application ....when i got AIP they requested for my police check which i did not submit when i first apply and they also ask for a new passport because the old one on file has expired.
In fact i got all those document ready before the AIP so when they requested it i just mail it to them and its got attached on Jan 27,2012 meaning its took them 3 months to attached those to file......if the B/F IS EVERY 3 MONTHS then i guess my next B/F date should be around April 27,2012 but the agent told me today to call around middle of May which will be exactly 8 months after AIP.....am hoping for this to be over soon. :( :mad:

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
Hello everybody? Does anyone know if I can still apply for temporary SIN coz I'm planning to work right away (I got AIP & OWP March 18, 2012 then got DM March 21 and is scheduled for the landing appointment on May 3, 2012)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
threa said:
Hello everybody? Does anyone know if I can still apply for temporary SIN coz I'm planning to work right away (I got AIP & OWP March 18, 2012 then got DM March 21 and is scheduled for the landing appointment on May 3, 2012)
Yes....you can apply for the SIN with you OWP and its will take 5 business days to get the card but will be given the number on the receipt which will state all you need to know.....well since you date for landing is may 3,2012 then you just 2 months to use the SIN card and have its change again after landing.....its better than to sit at home ....go for it .

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Anyone here waiting on a landing letter from Scarborough? How long does it usually take? It has been 20 days since we got dm.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Does anyone know what happens if you have a work permit and dont work?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
CanAusGal said:
Does anyone have a fax number for vegreville?
It's 780 603 2695, that's the number I got when the agent called me.

And I saw there is another number 780 603 2603,,, in vegreville too.

:)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Well...Finally I'm officially landed :D Today I have the landing interview at 8:15am in Montréal City but it took us 2 hours for everything. I wanna share my experience what happened in my interview. When I arrived there with my spouse people are waiting on a long line and the office is not yet open as my schedule was 8:15 but they started letting the people inside at 8:30 ::) I belonged to a large group today like more than 50 person was scheduled. They brought us in one room with the projector which shows us the rules and regulations when we received our COPR. There was one man and woman officer standing in front and explaining to the group the instruction of what we gonna do , they told us to wait for our name to be called by an agent. Each person has an agent assigned. So we waited for our name to be called and I was assigned to a lady officer . She's nice and very helpful :) She ask my documents: PASSPORT, CSQ, SIN CARD, and the original letter of my landing interview. She let me read and check the details of my COPR then I signed it. She asked me 2 questions: DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN IN OTHER COUNTRY and DID YOU COMMIT CRIME IN OTHER COUNTRY OR CANADA? She also asked the identification of my husband, and just for info SPOUSE must be with you during the landing interview just to clarify because lots of people ask if they need to bring the spouse . The Pr card will arrive by mail within 4 to 6 weeks.Then she told me to wait for another agent to process my NEW SIN CARD. We waited and called again by an agent and ask me to fill up some documents for my SIN then she asked me to gave her back the old card because I dont need it anymore. She gave me a new sin card number but the card will arrive within 10 days by mail. So now its over I will be just waiting for the card :) and I cant believe that after 20 months of hardships now the day finally came!!! ;D ...that i can breath clearly, sleep tight and release myself from pressure. Back to normal life! :D

Just wanna say thank you to all the members here in this forum who in one way or another helped me in times of confusion, questions and disappointment. I will continue to be part of this forum but I will be busy for a while in searching for job ;). Life starts now and Good Luck to all the people who are still starting, waiting and soon to be finish their long journey. Dont lose hope because Everything has its own time... ;) Thank you all so much . I really appreciate the help and encouragement in this forum. God bless us all! :)

Bonne soirée! cheers! ;D

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Does anybody know how long it takes to see the acknowledgement of receipt of the medicals on your e-cas (e.g., "medical results have been received") after you are asked to redo your medicals???

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
liza-laziza said:
Does anybody know how long it takes to see the acknowledgement of receipt of the medicals on your e-cas (e.g., "medical results have been received") after you are asked to redo your medicals???
I only saw them went we got AIP and DM.