20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Aurora9151 said:
Thank you Amanda I pray for the same too.

I am applying online for my OWP too for the same reason as yours, and the system tells me to upload the proof of medical exam. And I notice you mentioned that your med also expired for couple of months. So when you applied the owp, did you submit the old proof or what?
my med is supposed to be expired on Aug 2011 but I still provided that one when I applied OWP because I didn't renew it.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Teriskier said:
Thanks for all of the support here at the forum. I landed this morning at 8:15AM in Montreal, it was easy as pie. Walked away with my COPR (which isn't nearly as nifty as I thought it would be) and a SIN number that starts with a 3.

Thanks again for everything, it was nice knowing there was a group of people just like me out there...

Good Luck everyone.
Awesome! What all happened?

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
PUZZLED said:
Hello Amanda! Just want you to know that this situation happened to me also . My OWP will be expîred by 22FEB2012 and I got DM 14FEB2012 ::) which means they already took the $150 for my OWP because I renew it 1 month in advance which is the rules because I cannot let my OWP expired its the proof for my implied status. That sucks but what we can do :-[. After I got the DM letter then I paid $490 for PR and send them the photo and guess what after 5 weeks of waiting I just received the landing interview date in MONTREAL. Anyway it would be on 28March . I finally taken out the burden that I had for the past 2 years of waiting and now its over...I hope you got your landing interview soon. Goodluck! :)
[/quote

Hi Puzzled

First of all, congrats....it's good to hear another 2010 member is going to "graduate from this university" ;D ;D

Also, thank you for sharing your experience, I was quite shock when I received my OWP, well, you know, just a feeling...haha
but I told myself "whatever, as long as everything has been done, then I should not have to care the $$$" I hope I don't have to wait for 2 months more for landing even though I haven't even received the DM letter but I can't wait to book flight ticket to go home with my bf for visiting my family again.

Anyway, congratulations........wish you all the best

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Thanks God for every thing,,,after a very very long wait finally got my landing interview I have my Aip on feb 2010,,,.my landing office is etobicoke,,,any words of advice,,,,,

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
How is it that you can call the call centre 3 times and get 3 completely different stories?!?!?

It's the same bloody file in the same system!?!?!?!? :mad:

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
CanAusGal said:
How is it that you can call the call centre 3 times and get 3 completely different stories?!?!?

It's the same bloody file in the same system!?!?!?!? :mad:

I got the same story like yours and I was wondering that if they used the same system or what?? Personally I'll say "don't be too serious to what you heard from them".....

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Today is my day....I guess...

I got the DM letter when I just got home and received a phone call from local office 10 mins after I read the DM letter.
I was told (well, not me, my bf answered the phone) to be in the office on April 2, with my passport and 2 photos, my bf needs to have his photo ID and I should received PR card within 3 weeks which I hope so.

Thanks god, it seems like I can start book the flight ticket, the processing has totally taken me 515 days from the first I sent my app in. I want to thank everyone here, I don't think I can handle this without you guys. Thanks you and best wishes for you. I'll still stay here until 2010 friends all finished and I hope we can do the citizenship thing together again :) :)

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
AmandaHsu said:

I got the DM letter when I just got home and received a phone call from local office 10 mins after I read the DM letter.
I was told (well, not me, my bf answered the phone) to be in the office on April 2, with my passport and 2 photos, my bf needs to have his photo ID and I should received PR card within 3 weeks which I hope so.

Thanks god, it seems like I can start book the flight ticket, the processing has totally taken me 515 days from the first I sent my app in. I want to thank everyone here, I don't think I can handle this without you guys. Thanks you and best wishes for you. I'll still stay here until 2010 friends all finished and I hope we can do the citizenship thing together again :) :)
Amanda, PR card in 3 weeks? I would be so happy for you. I was told 8 weeks. After I will receive my PR card I will book my ticket.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
leo_liu said:
your are 100% right Amanda! i noticed you are in nanaimo isnt?! i have stayed there for 6 years for my school.

i was visiting recently before i landed, it was changed quite a bit since i left. fairway is in the NTC now ! wow....

Good luck and keep postive !
Thank you and please forgive me replying you late, it's just too many things happened at the same time and then..
I'm wondering if you were my classmate at VIU if you had ever studied there since one of them named Leo... :eek: :eek:
it sounds like you're no longer living here..well, I'm thinking about moving too.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Hello friends, I haven't been here for a while. Today I came to share a piece of good news with those who have helped us selflessly and everyone else that needs encouragement to carry on in this all-consuming process:

My wife has received a landing interview letter from the local CIC office. The interview is scheduled on Apr. 3. Just like some of you, she can't wait to book a flight back home. There is no word to describe how we feel about this after all the bumps we've been through. My wife and I want to give special thanks to TorontoSunshine who gave us enormous help when my wife had a passport renewal issue. Without her info and encouragement, we would have given up already. That's the beauty of this board and we should give every credit to the initiator LoveYoung.

I'd appreciate it if someone can share his/her landing interview experience or recommend an existing post. We want to make sure to finish the last step with no headache.

One specific question: my wife is not very confident with her English. Would it be okay if I accompany her all the time during the process and translate for her in case?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
What a coincidence, Amanda! My wife's landing interview is on Apr. 2 as well.
May I know what you're preparing for the interview? There should be no hard questions, right? My wife is worried about her English. I am trying to find out if it's okay I interpret for her during the landing process.

AmandaHsu said:

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Babyhangon said:
What a coincidence, Amanda! My wife's landing interview is on Apr. 2 as well.
May I know what you're preparing for the interview? There should be no hard questions, right? My wife is worried about her English. I am trying to find out if it's okay I interpret for her during the landing process.
wow, congrats....it's really nice to know there is another member going to finish the "journey" ;D ;D I believe your wife must be excited as me..

For the landing interview, as I've been reading people's stories, we have to prepare the things they asked for ( pictures, passport, sponsor's photo ID) and on that day, the officer will check our (applicant) passport to be sure the name on passport is exactly the same as landing paper; they'll also check your (sponsor) ID too and check the photo size......later, there will be 3 questions for your wife, do you have kids outside Canada, have you committed to any crime in Canada, have you committed to any crime at any other country (i'm not sure about the 3rd one,sorry) and then that's it. If everything is fine, your wife will get her landing paper then go home to wait for her pr card. I'm sure you can be there since they require the sponsor needs to be there but I don't know about the translation part.....sorry. But I don't think it will be a big problem for your wife, tell her to relax, if she doesn't get the question then just ask it, I believe the officer can understand how we (newcomers) are nervous.

Good luck...

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Bubli said:
Amanda, PR card in 3 weeks? I would be so happy for you. I was told 8 weeks. After I will receive my PR card I will book my ticket.
well, that's what the lady/officer said on the phone and that's why i said "i hope so" since I've been seeing so many people getting their pr card between 4-8 weeks :eek: :eek:

wish you get your card a.s.a.p, I'll book my ticket after receiving the card, too....just in case. hahahaha

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
SO glad to see you guys get good news . congratulations!!!!!!!!

@ Tozo: how have you been?? DID you call them? Don't worry , i think you will get it very soon! you already got AIP . so i don't think

there will be any problems!! :)

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Amanda, thank you for the info. It is very helpful. I wish you good luck with your landing interview. My wife is exicited about the ending of this long journey. She is also nervous about the landing process. I wish everyone on this board have a happy ending of their story. God bless.

AmandaHsu said:
wow, congrats....it's really nice to know there is another member going to finish the "journey" ;D ;D I believe your wife must be excited as me..

For the landing interview, as I've been reading people's stories, we have to prepare the things they asked for ( pictures, passport, sponsor's photo ID) and on that day, the officer will check our (applicant) passport to be sure the name on passport is exactly the same as landing paper; they'll also check your (sponsor) ID too and check the photo size......later, there will be 3 questions for your wife, do you have kids outside Canada, have you committed to any crime in Canada, have you committed to any crime at any other country (i'm not sure about the 3rd one,sorry) and then that's it. If everything is fine, your wife will get her landing paper then go home to wait for her pr card. I'm sure you can be there since they require the sponsor needs to be there but I don't know about the translation part.....sorry. But I don't think it will be a big problem for your wife, tell her to relax, if she doesn't get the question then just ask it, I believe the officer can understand how we (newcomers) are nervous.

Good luck...