29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Babyhangon said:
Amanda, thank you for the info. It is very helpful. I wish you good luck with your landing interview. My wife is exicited about the ending of this long journey. She is also nervous about the landing process. I wish everyone on this board have a happy ending of their story. God bless.

The interview is exacty as Amanda described it. And yes, you can translate for your wife... I did it for muy husband.
Tell her there's nothing to worry about... only how to celebrate when you finnaly go home with an official paper confirming your Canadian permanent resident status!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Sounds like the landing interview is pretty anticlimactic.

Nothing from me yet. Still in process. I'd call the hotline, but I'm sure they would just tell me to wait some more. They're 'validating my background and security' is all they told me when I called. highly doubt I would get anything amazing from then and a week ago.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Hi Gemauru, it's very kind of you sharing your experience and encouraging us. I passed your message to my wife while she was busy cooking in the kitchen. She laughed and wants to say thank you to you. One question: are you saying my wife doesn't have to wait for her PR card to leave Canada? You mean the record of landing paper is as good as PR card when she returns to Canada? I've heard different stories as how long it takes to receive PR card after landing. some say 4 weeks, some say 8 weeks. It'd be another challenge if one has to wait for another 2 months to actually get the PR card and start planning trips. I hope someone with recent experience could share some info with us.

Gemauru said:
The interview is exacty as Amanda described it. And yes, you can translate for your wife... I did it for muy husband.
Tell her there's nothing to worry about... only how to celebrate when you finnaly go home with an official paper confirming your Canadian permanent resident status!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Babyhangon said:
Hi Gemauru, it's very kind of you sharing your experience and encouraging us. I passed your message to my wife while she was busy cooking in the kitchen. She laughed and wants to say thank you to you. One question: are you saying my wife doesn't have to wait for her PR card to leave Canada? You mean the record of landing paper is as good as PR card when she returns to Canada? I've heard different stories as how long it takes to receive PR card after landing. some say 4 weeks, some say 8 weeks. It'd be another challenge if one has to wait for another 2 months to actually get the PR card and start planning trips. I hope someone with recent experience could share some info with us.
Actually that "record of landing" has a big stamp on it "not valid for travel" :(
I heard that you can get on the Canadian consulate of your country something like a travel permit... is kind of a visa that allowes you to travel.... but I'm not sure about that.
From the thread "inland 2011" somebody got the card in 15 days, 3 more got it in 35 and 37 days.
My landing was on March 14... Will post as soon as we get it!!!

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon said:
According to the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp, you will receive your PR card in 7 weeks, or maybe 7-8 weeks approximately after landing. I heard that you have to obtain another type to paper to travel without PR card. You can ask the CIC officer about this paper at your landing interview. However, for the best, I think you should wait for your PR card. we all went through a long process, then 7 weeks are nothing. ;)
It seems 2010 applicants are racing to get PR now. Congratulations to all of us! And for those are still waiting, this is a good sign and encouragement that you will see good news soon. :)

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
going to be two years next few months and no decision made for us so fustrated at all of this

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shantese said:
going to be two years next few months and no decision made for us so fustrated at all of this
yeah shantese, i hope we get the DM very soon.....the stress is too much.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
tozo said:
yeah shantese, i hope we get the DM very soon.....the stress is too much.
yes tozo its driving me crazy

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Babyhangon said:
I only knew 3 choices...

1. your wife can apply travel doc from Canada embassy at her hometown if she doesn't want to wait for PR card. <----most people chose and I think it's the best one besides waiting PR card

2. Can your wife read chinese? I remember you mentioned she's a chinese, right? If she can, she can check York BBS http://forum.yorkbbs.ca/showforum-118.aspx I've read a post that a chinese went home(china) without PR card and not applying travel doc after he/she just landing and then came back with the landing paper, the custom didn't give he/she hard time to re-entry. <---but most people think he/she was just lucky to have a nice officer at that time.

3. re-schedule your landing: one of my friends went to local office to ask if she could re-schedule the landing and the officer said yes. So she flight back hometown first and came back with her AIP and DM letter. She said she just told the custom officer why she left before landing (she went home for family wedding things) and what the date she's going to land which was organized already by her local office before she left. She told me the custom officer just congratulated and let her go. <--- i don't know if you'd call she's lucky or....

hope it helps...

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello!! I write here because I would like to know if someone have any idea of what could be happening with my case.
I have a sponsorship application in Vegreville, that was received on March 30, and until now I have not news, knowing that they are working on applications received on April 31. I called Three weeks ago, and the agent told me she was going to send a message to Vegreville to ask why they were exceeding the processing times with my app. Almost one week after I got a call from CIC Vegreville, the agent who was evaluating my application told me he needed me to send him a fax with one page of a form that I forgot to fill out, which I did immediately, but I told him I was sending it to him the next day, because I didn't know if I would find a place to fax it. And just to prevent any problems, my husband sent it to him by fax the next day too. In addition, the agent told me everything else with my file was ready, that he just needed this document to send me the famous letter, and he also told me he would be sending me the landing letter in some days. He told me he would be sending me the letter next week (I think AIP), which means , last week, but today I called, and nothing, I have not my AIP yet, The worst thing is I have not news about my file, nothing, nothing absolutely nothing, just that the vegreville agent answered the message saying it was in process, but nothing else, no details, no nothing. I feel ..... well I don'T know how to explain how I am feeling, and my husband too, we though we were going to get this famous AIP one month ago, but nothing, we are waiting for one year, and I don't think our file is complicate.

Please if someone can help me, may be someone had lived an experience like this, please share it with me.

Thank you so much!!!!!

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
Babyhangon said:
Hope this helps.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-do-i-need-to-travel-t99733.0.html

CVotto

Mar 26, 2012
We are still waiting for our second stage approval. My husband is from Romania and he was issued a 3 year open work permit after the first approval. It's so frustrating how long this process is taking. On the site it shows 8 months for stage 2, which for us should be this month. I hope, I hope , I hope...fingers crossed.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 1, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on July 14, 2011 about the decision on your application.

We received the requested information on November 22, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Now we wait :(

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting .......i just call the CIC and the call agent said they still waiting for the visa office of my home country bcos of my non-accompanying dependents and still doing my background check so i call again around middle of may....this too much....the stress :( :( :mad: :mad:

CVotto

Mar 26, 2012
I think I will call the call center tomarrow. I am curious if they can tell me anything. I agree,the waiting is horrible :( At least it will be over soon...hopefully

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah its really hard sometimes looking how long we have been waiting ...........am keeping my fingers cross ,hopefully its will be over soon.