Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
i.imran said:
thnx missha ,its kinda relief to read ur reply :)
i was really confused and of course dont want to go wrong here.U have given good insight of inland applications.So if inland appl is in process ,they do extend TRV easily?
also generally for what reasons do they call interview at first stage? if its genuinity of relationship then i guess v r good coz v r together since got married and have a baby too. and if its for financial support then it may be problem coz i dont work ,i vl show my savings with the help of my father n brothers here and hubby vl work as soon as he gets work permit.
Yes, you can get TRV easily based on your inland application, and baby needs to be with parents based on humanitarian grounds. Finanically means if you both have joint bank accounts etc. I do not understand who is the PR here, you as a wife or your husband?

I would recommend opening up the inland application and going through it. You will get most of your questions answered there. The best approach is reading up operational manuals;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip06-eng.pdf

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
me, wife is PR returning to canada after 2yrs with husband on student visa and daughter on TRV.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Inlanders (Especially June 2010)
CEC, GiGi, Theresa_Lynn, Ocean_end............

I just call to immigration agent that I already finished my second stage 8 months but no result yet,
He told me that 8 months are in general, in my case they don't need any documents but they are doing background & security check.

he said very soon I will have my final decision (he also said call us again on 6th February 2012) if don't listen from them.......wait wait wait.......

Me & my wife are planning to visit Philippines in March but this process put everything in jeopardy!
After my PR written documents which is given in final interview (But with out PR card) can I travel to philippines & reenter canada?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello Everybody, I would like to make you a question, please.

Recently I sent to CIC some photos of my relationship as proof. I wrote on the envelope ''Please add to file Asap'' and ''Time sensitive'' (Plus my Id number, my husband's Id number, and both names).
Yesterday I checked Canada Post, and I saw CIC has already received my envelope, but I don't know if CIC is gonna open it sooner than regular process time. I'm worried because according to the new processing times CIC should giving me an answer by the end of February. And with the regular process (Mail room) it takes more than 4 months to add additional info.

Please, can you tell me how did you do the time you sent your additional proof? How can I know if they will add it sooner? Did you call CIC?, Did CIC put it in your E-cas? How much time did it take? Was this the correct form to add additional info quickly?

Thank you so much.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
The usual mailroom queue is not 4 months, but rather 2-3 months (still a long time, I agree). When I wrote that on my envelope, my information was added in about a week (maybe 2 tops?) after reception (was visible on eCas).
Never write your ClientID# on the envelope! This is a very important data that you should keep for yourself. You should've written it on a cover letter. It's not for the mailman's eyes!!

visita44 said:
Excuse me everybody.. Just want to give my view on this question... You don't need to apply for a status anymore because you said you received 2nd stage approval already... You might also don't need your OWP coz by the time you receive your OWP you might have your landing interview done and then be considered a Landed Immigrant...
Yeah, but you'll need to wait 1 month for your landing and then 2 months for your PR card to get your NAS. So still another 3 months before you can legally work. I'd say: go for the OWP. Might be another 150$, but you can earn it back in no-time in those 3 months (would even be possible in less then 3 days!)

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Mark_Anna said:

I just call to immigration agent that I already finished my second stage 8 months but no result yet,
He told me that 8 months are in general, in my case they don't need any documents but they are doing background & security check.

he said very soon I will have my final decision (he also said call us again on 6th February 2012) if don't listen from them.......wait wait wait.......

Me & my wife are planning to visit Philippines in March but this process put everything in jeopardy!
After my PR written documents which is given in final interview (But with out PR card) can I travel to philippines & reenter canada?
I'm 12month after my AIP so hang in there I guess...

if they are doing the background/security check that means there no doubt about the relationship or possiblity of a interview right?

babel

Nov 11, 2010
hi guys i got my letter from etobickoe today about my landing interview its on the 20th of december i received my 2nd stage on the 7th of this month and on the same date i applied for my owp ,,i just wanted to know if i could cancel my owp app and get a refund

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babel said:
hi guys i got my letter from etobickoe today about my landing interview its on the 20th of december i received my 2nd stage on the 7th of this month and on the same date i applied for my owp ,,i just wanted to know if i could cancel my owp app and get a refund

Yea,call cic and notify them of the cancellation of the OWP.......you will received your refund hopefully.

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
karma123 said:
Hello Everybody, I would like to make you a question, please.

Recently I sent to CIC some photos of my relationship as proof. I wrote on the envelope ''Please add to file Asap'' and ''Time sensitive'' (Plus my Id number, my husband's Id number, and both names).
Yesterday I checked Canada Post, and I saw CIC has already received my envelope, but I don't know if CIC is gonna open it sooner than regular process time. I'm worried because according to the new processing times CIC should giving me an answer by the end of February. And with the regular process (Mail room) it takes more than 4 months to add additional info.

Please, can you tell me how did you do the time you sent your additional proof? How can I know if they will add it sooner? Did you call CIC?, Did CIC put it in your E-cas? How much time did it take? Was this the correct form to add additional info quickly?

Thank you so much.
i called around 1 month ago and they told me they checking mail from july, i called yesterday today and they told me they checking mail from august 9.. thats like 4 months so i dont know

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna said:

I called yesterday and the agent told me my last BF date was Oct. 12. She said the BF 3 months at a time, therefore Jan 12 should be the next time our file is reviewed. I hoping for second stage approval. You should be on the 6th of Jan. Good luck.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
babel said:
Don't cancel! You'll need it to get a temporary SIN. Otherwise, you'll need to wait 2 months if Etobicoke doesn't set up a session with Service Canada.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Yes Theresa_lynn
I hope it would be 6th January 2011 to open my file again for second stage approval. Let's wait & watch I will let you know guys any recent changes.

Enjoy Christmas season .....................................God Bless You

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babel said:
Does the letter say Service Canada rep will be on site to help you get a permanent SIN? If so, cancel it.

My letter from Scarborough office stated that Service Canada rep would be there to set up SIN, and yes I got the permanent SIN on the same day I landed. SIN card received after 1 week.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
TeresaLynn said:
I called yesterday and the agent told me my last BF date was Oct. 12. She said the BF 3 months at a time, therefore Jan 12 should be the next time our file is reviewed. I hoping for second stage approval. You should be on the 6th of Jan. Good luck.
What is BF?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011