mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question for you guys, so I am a US citizen hence my passport is from the US right? but I lived in mexico for like 20 years... I got a letter from CIC asking me to get some police certificate from mexico and in the website it says I need to take some passport size pictures to send to mexico, I went to London Drugs to get the pictures taken and the guy got me soooo confused... he was asking me what size... so I said, passport size... and he said "which" passport... and I did not know... so he said that Canada passport size is different that the US passport size and I told him I need to send them to mexico not to the US and he said that was a different size and I said "well then take them on that size"... long story short, he refused to take the pictures... I felt annoyed because I felt he just did that because they had a lot of people on the line... aaaahhhgggrrr... another horrible experience in customer service.... so my question is, what size do I need to take the pictures??? Thanks in advance...

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Thaks again for the concerns about my case! But like i said before, i'm NOT WORRY ABOUT AN INTERVIEW AT ALL! I'm feeling bad because i really need go back to Brazil in January 2012! Theres no chance to get one travel autorization something like that?! I dont mind to wait for an interview but i need go there!! Its not only for vacation! I have a strong reason, health problems in my family there :'( i got flight tickets 4 months ago and now i dont know what to do!! I'm completely LOST! And on top of that i need work i have a family to feed! I have a baby!! I'm so desappointed!! I'm Severely thinking ih give up and go back to my HOME country! I'm not feeling confortable stuck here!!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Cangaceiro said:
Thaks again for the concerns about my case! But like i said before, i'm NOT WORRY ABOUT AN INTERVIEW AT ALL! I'm feeling bad because i really need go back to Brazil in January 2012! Theres no chance to get one travel autorization something like that?! I dont mind to wait for an interview but i need go there!! Its not only for vacation! I have a strong reason, health problems in my family there :'( i got flight tickets 4 months ago and now i dont know what to do!! I'm completely LOST! And on top of that i need work i have a family to feed! I have a baby!! I'm so desappointed!! I'm Severely thinking ih give up and go back to my HOME country! I'm not feeling confortable stuck here!!
Hi! I feel you! me and my husband booked tickets for the Philippines last May...and just this October we cancelled it because our file was transferred to a local office....NO AIP NO OWP, My biggest mistake was I did not apply work permit under my employer. If I only knew that this will take gazillion years, I should have applied under my employer and by that way we could have gone home to the Philippines.! huhuhu

SuOur flight was suppose to be on Friday! Dec. 16...huhuhuhuhu

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Any news from Saja yet?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
mexicanito said:
I have a question for you guys, so I am a US citizen hence my passport is from the US right? but I lived in mexico for like 20 years... I got a letter from CIC asking me to get some police certificate from mexico and in the website it says I need to take some passport size pictures to send to mexico, I went to London Drugs to get the pictures taken and the guy got me soooo confused... he was asking me what size... so I said, passport size... and he said "which" passport... and I did not know... so he said that Canada passport size is different that the US passport size and I told him I need to send them to mexico not to the US and he said that was a different size and I said "well then take them on that size"... long story short, he refused to take the pictures... I felt annoyed because I felt he just did that because they had a lot of people on the line... aaaahhhgggrrr... another horrible experience in customer service.... so my question is, what size do I need to take the pictures??? Thanks in advance...
Check all the forms. Does it need to be Canadian standard: download the form with the sizes sheet of the Passport Canada website.
Does it need to be Mexican passport size (more likely, since you request the police certificate probably directly at the Mexican authorities), check the website of the Mexican government what they consider the passport-size standard to be.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Hi inland applicants ,

i m PR in canada with my husband on study permit and daughter on TRV from pakistan.Now i hav to file their sponsorship ,i m stuck b/w inland and outland option ,can u plz suggest what should i choose since u r actually going thru same process. Both options r time taking for me(processing time from pak is 26months)
thnx

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
angtao said:
Any news from Saja yet?
Angtao..... Still nothing!! Called cic again yesterday and nada !' he said i should hear something this week or next.... Can t wait really the wait is killing us!! Can't wait to see what jump will be today!!

Does anybody knows if cic agents can tell you the bfd (brinh forward date) .... I know they requested rcmp check back in sept 19th... Hopefully they are waiting for that to give us both stage !!!!

Honnestly i don't see why we would be transferref our case is prettyy straight forward ... Well i think !!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
i.imran said:
Hi inland applicants ,

i m PR in canada with my husband on study permit and daughter on TRV from pakistan.Now i hav to file their sponsorship ,i m stuck b/w inland and outland option ,can u plz suggest what should i choose since u r actually going thru same process. Both options r time taking for me(processing time from pak is 26months)
thnx
Inland is taking 2 years to be done but you could get the temporary medical and Open work permit after 10-12 months (which is also called AIP or first stage approval). Alot of people from 2010 has been granted PR right after 2-3 months. Since inland doesn't have right to appeal but they dont reject your application like that rather they asked for an interview if they have any doubts or double check something on your application. In 2010, no one has been rejected so far. Some case like living here on refugee or illegal might complicate the case but i have seen those cases getting PR in the end after lenghty wait time. Also, you might not be able to travel as you have to be in Canada till you application is finalized, but in my case, its all worth it as long as I am with my husband and in my home :) Also, they keep on updating you with which date applications they have been working on.

With outland you have the right to appeal but the drawback is that if in case TRV and study permit expires while immigration is in process, you have very minimum chances to get those visas extended. As immigration insists to wait till you get approved. That might lead your wife and child to be in Pakistan without you. If the timeline is increases to 26 months, in a year or so, they might increase to more months as they have already increasing the timelines instead of decreasing it.

Choice is yours. I heard you could apply through buffalo too instead of Pakistan if you have visa to live in canada for more than a year or so. Buffalo is way faster.

Hope that helps :) Let us know if you have more questions.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
thnx missha ,its kinda relief to read ur reply :)
i was really confused and of course dont want to go wrong here.U have given good insight of inland applications.So if inland appl is in process ,they do extend TRV easily?
also generally for what reasons do they call interview at first stage? if its genuinity of relationship then i guess v r good coz v r together since got married and have a baby too. and if its for financial support then it may be problem coz i dont work ,i vl show my savings with the help of my father n brothers here and hubby vl work as soon as he gets work permit.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys CIC just updated their processing times.....now processing application received on December 31,2010 a jump of 11 days and

have change the pocessing time for first stage to 11 months and second stage still remains 8 months.....its been

good jumps this past 2 weeks.hope to hear good news from those waiting.....stay focus and be positive.....just received my OHIP card :D ;D

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
mexicanito said:
hey guys, I hope you are Ok, I felt so good for you when I read you guys fixed the issues with the passport... About the ESL classes here in Edmonton ( and also in the States) there are ESL classes in elementary schools in the evenings, sometimes in the libraries too, I would say, check those local papers and they could have ESL like that, and usually those classes are free ( since we do not have PR it would be incredible expensive to pay tuition) Where do you guys live if you do not mind me asking?
Thank you, buddy. we live in Toronto. I checked the library's website and they do offer ESL classes. I am gonna call them to find out if one must present a PR card to register.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Jurjen said:
Check at the local library. Sometimes local organizations offer language courses for immigrants, often a lot of volunteers are involved, so the fee is very small, if any. I know I saw those adds all over the place in the library in Québec, so you might give it a try.

What helped my French: comic books! They're great for creating context for words. Help your wife find a series with a decent level of English. Not to hard, but a correct English, not too much slang. Eventually: don't let her watch any dubbed/subtitled movies, but she'll need a proper basis for that.
Thanks, Jurjen. my wife is very into English comic books. I got her some from the local library. but she doesn't like to watch movies. the problem for her is that she doesn't have much chance to practice her English. you know, without a PR card, her world here is very limited. I hope to find her an Environment where she has no choice but speak English.

babel

Nov 11, 2010
heyy guys hope everyone here is doing well ....i just had a quick question ...i already received my 2nd stage approval and i am now waiting for a landing interview. My study permit is expiring on the 31st of december and i had already applied for my owp b4 i received my 2nd stage. Do i need to have a legal status when i get my landing interview or will it be fine if i am out of status by that time?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Babyhangon said:
Thanks, Jurjen. my wife is very into English comic books. I got her some from the local library. but she doesn't like to watch movies. the problem for her is that she doesn't have much chance to practice her English. you know, without a PR card, her world here is very limited. I hope to find her an Environment where she has no choice but speak English.
In that case: she should find some volunteering work to do. My full-time job at the time, allowed me to learn French in less then a year. Having no choise but to speak the language, is the best way to practice speaking it.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
babel said:
heyy guys hope everyone here is doing well ....i just had a quick question ...i already received my 2nd stage approval and i am now waiting for a landing interview. My study permit is expiring on the 31st of december and i had already applied for my owp b4 i received my 2nd stage. Do i need to have a legal status when i get my landing interview or will it be fine if i am out of status by that time?
Excuse me everybody.. Just want to give my view on this question... You don't need to apply for a status anymore because you said you received 2nd stage approval already... You might also don't need your OWP coz by the time you receive your OWP you might have your landing interview done and then be considered a Landed Immigrant...