+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

mydrl

Nov 15, 2011
justina said:
Inland means you can't leave until the process is completed. Some people, who come from visa-exempt countries, have left and re-entered successfully but there is no guarantee of re-entry. You require a visa, you should not leave. If you are refused re-entry, you will have to start your application over again.

I am wondering why, if you just received an OWP, you want to leave? Most people eagerly await their OWP so they can work! If you don't have a job to come back to, you likely wouldn't be allowed back in to Canada. And refer to reasons above....

Since you have been sent a letter stating a decision has been made and medicals received, it sounds like you have completed the process and will soon be contacted for a landing interview. Depending on your local office, a landing interview will happen in the next couple of months. Upon landing, a PR card will be required to travel, unless you apply and are approved for a travel document for emergency travel. PR cards are taking anywhere from 30-70 working days to arrive right now.
Thx for the help. I owned small business, and my partner can take care of it. I have sth really important to do china. i have no choice. Will the immigration knows if i leave the country? One of my friends told me i can re-entry from the States with OWP by personal vehicle without TRV, is that ture? if decision made, Can i leave the country before the landing interview?

thank for all the help

mydrl

Nov 15, 2011
Serendipity said:
Dear Mydrl,

Justina is right. There is a myriad of elements that would need to be assessed by a CBSA officer at the POE to allow re-entry, and that fact that you are a visitor is one factor that, under the current circumstances, works against you. This applies to TRV holders and visitors from visa-exempt countries, as nationals from the latter may be denied re-entry as well. However, other types of visa holders may be allowed to come back without any hassle, such as business people covered by NAFTA under Chapter 16, international students, WHV holders, etc.

The reason for this is that, as explained in other threads, you would be trying to re-enter the country with a permit to visit temporarily - your TRV,- which implies that you MUST leave at the end of such visit. Given that you already have an ongoing inland process for PR, which clearly states your intent to permanently remain in Canada, you are not eligible to use a temporary permit for this purpose. Also, if you were to renew your visa at the Canadian embassy in your home country, they would most likely deny it based on the same premise.

Hope this helps

:)

S.
Will there be any chance? there is sth much more important than PR for me. I wasted almost two years in here. The process time in Beijing is only 4 month. if i re-start the application, Can i use old documents or i have to start from beginning?

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
mydrl said:
Will there be any chance? there is sth much more important than PR for me. I wasted almost two years in here. The process time in Beijing is only 4 month. if i re-start the application, Can i use old documents or i have to start from beginning?
Hi

Do you have a valid visa now? If you do, then it might be ok for you to leave but as other people mentioned that there is no guarantee you'll be allowed come in Canada. If you don't have a valid visa then I'll suggest you to stay here because I've read some threads about the applicants tried to apply a visa to come back Canada. However, they were refused because they were under immigration processing.

How long will you stay in China? According to so many threads I've read, I noticed that most people have no problems if they leave for a short trip (such as a month). I called CIC before for this question after I got AIP, the lady told me :" I can go anywhere anytime I want, just be careful if I "give" the custom any "reason" to refuse me get back. The reason might be varied." I asked her that will it be better if I go back hometown with my sponsor, she said for short term visiting family should be fine but she won't "guarantee" that for me. Also, if I decide to go somewhere, be sure I have someone keep an eye on mailbox in case CIC required something from me.

If you decide to re-apply from outland, then you'll have to provide whole new documents because the inland documents is a little bit different than outland, also now CIC has some new forms/rules which has started July 2011.

Anyway, it's your call, good luck.

mydrl

Nov 15, 2011
AmandaHsu said:
Hi

Do you have a valid visa now? If you do, then it might be ok for you to leave but as other people mentioned that there is no guarantee you'll be allowed come in Canada. If you don't have a valid visa then I'll suggest you to stay here because I've read some threads about the applicants tried to apply a visa to come back Canada. However, they were refused because they were under immigration processing.

How long will you stay in China? According to so many threads I've read, I noticed that most people have no problems if they leave for a short trip (such as a month). I called CIC before for this question after I got AIP, the lady told me :" I can go anywhere anytime I want, just be careful if I "give" the custom any "reason" to refuse me get back. The reason might be varied." I asked her that will it be better if I go back hometown with my sponsor, she said for short term visiting family should be fine but she won't "guarantee" that for me. Also, if I decide to go somewhere, be sure I have someone keep an eye on mailbox in case CIC required something from me.

If you decide to re-apply from outland, then you'll have to provide whole new documents because the inland documents is a little bit different than outland, also now CIC has some new forms/rules which has started July 2011.

Anyway, it's your call, good luck.
thank you for all the information. I dont have re-entry visa, only OWP. I am thinking to apply one from States, HK or beijing. will i be deny to re-entry canada 100% or there is even small chance

mydrl

Nov 15, 2011
mydrl said:
thank you for all the information. I dont have re-entry visa, only OWP. I am thinking to apply one from States, HK or beijing. will i be deny to re-entry canada 100% or there is even small chance

ps: i will go to china with my wife, but she will come back to canada earlier than me. we will leave about 4 weeks.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mydrl said:

Mydrl,

Based on the information that you have provided, and the generous contribution of those people that have replied to your inquiry, the chances that you will be allowed back into Canada seem to be pretty slim. Not only you would have an extremely hard time getting a new TRV at a Canadian embassy or consulate, but even if you did you would have to deal later on with CBSA at the POE (even if a visa is granted, it is up to CBSA, which is an enforcement agency, to determine whether or not a foreign national should be allowed into the country).

Good luck

S.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Have you called CIC to see if you are nearly done the process? If you are, it would be foolish to leave when you are so close, and have to start over again.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
mydrl said:
About being denied to re-entry Canada... I have to say, if you had valid visa, then I would say not worry too much.
However...you don't. I don't want to make you feel down but I have to say.."don't even think about applying visa here there. It won't make any difference either applying from States or HK, they are ALL CIC, if it makes sense to you." I do agree with Justina, how about giving CIC a call? Although I knew it's quite difficult to get some "real" answer from the agents sometimes but better than doing nothing.

You might have your own reason to go home now, if you do feel it's worth or more important than PR things as you mentioned, then do whatever you want. As so many people keep repeating "nobody can guarantee you anything." You have to make the decision for yourself.

Good Luck...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
tplink1357 said:
Landed this morning, finally.
Wish all of you good luck!!
Congratulations TPLINK... all the best for you and your family

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Mark_Anna said:
Yes GiGi same here............I am also waiting to finish 8 months now for second stage in December. I will let you know & other friends (Theresa_Lynn, CEC)
I'm hopping and praying we will get second stage approval in December (after 8 months). CIC agents usually slow down after the second week of december and nothing happens untill mid january.

Let's hope we will get our landing letter soon!!! Cheers! ;)

p.s. I ordered a second FOSS notes about 4 weeks ago. As soon as I get them I will publish any new information.

mydrl

Nov 15, 2011
AmandaHsu said:
About being denied to re-entry Canada... I have to say, if you had valid visa, then I would say not worry too much.
However...you don't. I don't want to make you feel down but I have to say.."don't even think about applying visa here there. It won't make any difference either applying from States or HK, they are ALL CIC, if it makes sense to you." I do agree with Justina, how about giving CIC a call? Although I knew it's quite difficult to get some "real" answer from the agents sometimes but better than doing nothing.

You might have your own reason to go home now, if you do feel it's worth or more important than PR things as you mentioned, then do whatever you want. As so many people keep repeating "nobody can guarantee you anything." You have to make the decision for yourself.

Good Luck...
Thank you for your advice, i will call CIC to see if there is anything i can do for now. And i will go to see one immigration lawyer this week.

themount

Oct 27, 2011
We received your application for permanent residence on November 29, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2011.

We received the requested information on August 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Does this mean AIP??!!!!!!!......

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Themount: yes, it's AIP! Congrats!!

mydrl said:
Thx for the help. I owned small business, and my partner can take care of it. I have sth really important to do china. i have no choice. Will the immigration knows if i leave the country? One of my friends told me i can re-entry from the States with OWP by personal vehicle without TRV, is that ture? if decision made, Can i leave the country before the landing interview?
Immigration can find out if they want to (you'll probably have a stamp in your passport stating that you entered China on a certain date). Even if you come by the US, you'll still need a visa.

Sometimes landing interviews can be a month after decision made, sometimes the local office needs to communicate to you before the landing interview. Not being in Canada at that time is risking missing your landing interview. That could be interpreted as that you're no longer interested in becoming PR and you'll be rejected.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
This is what my e-cas said when I logged in this morning...I had recieved AIP in July...but now that it says that medical results have been received and a decision has been made that this journey is finally coming to an end???? It doesn't say that a letter has been sent though?

We received your application for permanent residence on September 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 3, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on November 9, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.