+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
borrowdale said:
hey there, congrads to you. jusone question, did u absolutely have to bring your spouse to your interview?? im in calgary tho.
Yes you have to! the officer will ask if the sponsor still wants to sponsor you.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Teriskier & Leo_Liu: You just got accepted for second stage! Congratulations!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
tplink1357 said:
If you do not present your card when you return to Canada, you may be asked to show one of the following documents:

* a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form;
* the original Record of Landing (if it is dated 1973 or later);
* a passport stamped with the date you were granted permanent residence (if your Record of Landing is dated 1972 or earlier);
* a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters; or
* a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status.

Does landing paper belong to one of them? I guess "a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form" is it.
Does it mean that I can travel to US BY CAR without PR card?
What I've been told: you cannot get back into Canada without PR card, unless you request a special visa for Permanent Residents without PR card. This has been told to me by the CIC agent that landed me.
Some people have claimed it works otherwise, but for the moment I haven't seen convincing arguments or solid proof. Some people tried it and succeeded, but it could've just been a border officer in a good mood. It doesn't mean anybody will let you pass with it.

I'd say: don't take chances, wait for the PR card or get the visa to get back in.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
What I've been told: you cannot get back into Canada without PR card, unless you request a special visa for Permanent Residents without PR card. This has been told to me by the CIC agent that landed me.
Some people have claimed it works otherwise, but for the moment I haven't seen convincing arguments or solid proof. Some people tried it and succeeded, but it could've just been a border officer in a good mood. It doesn't mean anybody will let you pass with it.

I'd say: don't take chances, wait for the PR card or get the visa to get back in.
It's not a visa, it's called a Travel Document. You only require them if you are entering Canada by commercial carrier and are not visa exempt. The law is the only convincing arguement you need so check the Act and Regulations. A PR is a PR, with or without a card. As long as you have met the requirements of being a PR, you will be allowed entry into Canada. Of course, it will make the process a whole lot easier if you have the card with you so you can avoid secondary screening but your status is available for the immigration officer to see when he checks his computer system.

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
Jurjen said:

I was told the same thing at the landing office that I could not enter without PR card.
However, both the CIC website and CIC agents said I could enter using my landing paper by car from USA.
That's strange.
Thanks Jurjen~~

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
rjessome said:
It's not a visa, it's called a Travel Document. You only require them if you are entering Canada by commercial carrier and are not visa exempt. The law is the only convincing arguement you need so check the Act and Regulations. A PR is a PR, with or without a card. As long as you have met the requirements of being a PR, you will be allowed entry into Canada. Of course, it will make the process a whole lot easier if you have the card with you so you can avoid secondary screening but your status is available for the immigration officer to see when he checks his computer system.
OK, I hope it works.

Corrine

Jan 31, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2010 Started Processing Jan 10,2011
AOR Received.
AIP Oct 26,2011
Med's Done....
22/10/2010
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Nov 15,2011
LANDED..........
Dec 12,2011 Landed Etobicoke
Hi guys, just got an update from ecas tracker this morning and I checked cic and this is what it says.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 26, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 12, 2011.

We received the requested information on February 18, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on March 30, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on November 15, 2011 to ****Keele Street, Apt ***, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, *** *** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

They had asked us to do another medical but it looks like that will not be necessary I am so happy we are all most done now. Does anybody know how long the mississauga, etobicoke offices take for a landing interview any experiences as far as timelines?

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations everyone who got AIP,second stage and/or OWPs, landing letters! What an exciting start to the Holiday seasons coming up. Keep those updates coming!

Twchu, no mini jennys or mini hubbys but now I can at least have a beer. I've been dying for one.

Has anyone gotten snow yet? Not here but I have a feeling it may be soon. Take care all!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
Thanks everyone! My ecas just changed today 3am AB time. AIP it is! :)
It didnt say they received additional docs which we sent with OWP last July, but call center agents said we got OWP too.

Hang in there everyone, think positive! Goodluck!
...Now waiting for 2nd stage. Hope it goes quick. :)
Big, big congratulations, abisehiyo!!!!!! That's so cool. your torture is finally over. do celebrate big time!

Just checked my wife's ecas, still no update. I want to call CIC but wife is scared to call. I suppose CIC won't tell me anything without my wife being heard on phone? Last time i called them and was asked to have my wife take over the conversation because they wanted to talk to the applicant. i feel they were even a bit skeptical of our relationship. but my wife was just not confident about her English. anyway, sorry for the blab. we're relying on ecas update at this moment. pray to get some news soon.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
anyone knows why CIC hasn't updated their timeline yet for this week? right now it still shows last update on Nov.9. normally they would update every Thursday or earlier like last week they did on Wed. :(

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
jeymi said:
Congratulation abisehiyo! I'm happy for you. :)

Actually, I asked my hubby to call the CIC. Unfortunately, he didn't call. I'll try to convince him again tomorrow.

Did you see any update on your Ecas? How about your husband's Ecas?
jeymi, abisehiyo's ecas has been updated. since you're the same date app, yours should have been updated too, i suppose?

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
TPlink

IF you are travelling to the USA and returning to Canada in your own car - you DO NOT need your PR card. You must travel with your PR document (the paper they give you when you land at the office). Put it in your passport. When you get to Canada Border and Customs, you hand over your passport with the PR paper and there is no problem.

My husband just landed 24 days ago and has still not received his card. We have travelled to the USA and back twice since then and handed over our papers with the passport. Not one question. Not one issue.

I asked my Immigration officer this question when we landed and she was very clear. The law states - if you are travelling by your own car back into Canada, you DO NOT need the PR card. If you are travelling back into Canada by plane, bus, taxi or some other means than your own car, you can run into trouble. This is very clearly indicated on the website - the PR card applies ONLY to commercial means of travel and not personal vehicle.

I think a lot of people aren't reading the actual law/rules around this. They assume that all transport means all however, it is clearly defined as commercial travel. If you ask your immigration officer, she may automatically say you must wait for the card because she may assume that you are referring to commercial travel.

I suggest you read some information on for example bus lines where they make it clear that you must carry a PR card to get back into Canada because they are a commercial service. Check out the Visa Canada sites - check out the actual border sites - check out the actual immigration site - it is clear that personal vehicles are classified differently than commercial.

That has been my experience in the past 24 days - no problems travelling by our own car. I wouldn't travel commercially, fly out of the country for example without the card - but my experience with driving has proven to me that there is no issue.

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
californiajeninca said:
Has anyone gotten snow yet? Not here but I have a feeling it may be soon. Take care all!
Random patches of snow falling over here on Vancouver Island, but nothing is sticking. I love this time of year!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Charlamag said:
This is very clearly indicated on the website - the PR card applies ONLY to commercial means of travel and not personal vehicle.
How are rented cars classified? And what about if I take the bus to the nearest town, I walk across the border and find a bus at the next town? What about a car borrowed from a friend/family member if he/she asked me to pay for the gas plus a bit extra (for writing it off), is that commercial?

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Hello Inlanders!
have december applicants got any news? where can I see the chart ?

Thank You and good luck.