waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
LANDED..........
28-05-2011
Hi Asta,
I just wanted to say Labas. I'm lithuanian too :) I can see your First stage approval took 10month? Did you leave canada even for short vacation during that period? If yes was there any problem when re-entering Canada?
thanks

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I know Asta, thanks. I did not include an OWP application with my PR because I was sure that I get my new LMO easy before my WP expires and I can extend it for another two years. Well, things not always work out as we wish- my LMO is still in process, I have not even 30 days before my WP expires and I decided to submit the visitor request. I talked to my employer, they want me to stay and be able to work, but I don`t want to risk being out of status. If I`m a visitor and I get my LMO in the meanwhile I can go to the border and get the new WP issued which could be much faster than extending it. So I might get lucky and get a new WP earlier than the extention would come. I talked to the call centre and the agent said she would definitely do this in my place, I`m from a visa-exempt country and the border is easier. Okay I will loose the fee of the visitor visa if I have everything to get WP or if I don`t get the LMO positive I already secured my status. I can still look for a job if I`m a visitor...She also said that an OWP request attached to the application does not mean you don`t have to have to extend your status or change it until you get AIP- visitor, worker you have to have a valid one.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
ditta said:
She also said that an OWP request attached to the application does not mean you don`t have to have to extend your status or change it until you get AIP- visitor, worker you have to have a valid one.
thats weird. everyone here says that if u sent owp with PR application, u dont need to extend ur status.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
maja22 said:
Hi Asta,
I just wanted to say Labas. I'm lithuanian too :) I can see your First stage approval took 10month? Did you leave canada even for short vacation during that period? If yes was there any problem when re-entering Canada?
thanks
Labas maja, actually my AIP took not fully 9 months. they approved me on november 1st and i got letter of AIP nov 5. no i didnt go anywhere i dont wanna risk everything i achieved already with my application. being in Canada IS vacation lol

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Asta said:
thats weird. everyone here says that if u sent owp with PR application, u dont need to extend ur status.
I had a work visa before I applied for PR, I included OWP and my visa expired start of Sep and I was on implied status till I received OWP in Oct. I went in to see someone at the local CIC office and they found me the document from their book they work from and printed it off for me. So I know for sure that if you have a work visa before you apply for PR then you can keep working in the same job and are on implied status. Seems like it may be different for visitor visa???? Throught everyone would just be on implied status.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Is that true Kris? You were on implied status and working beside? If that`s true I might made a mistake, today I sent the application for visitor status. First thing in the morning would be to call them and ask about this. Although I did not include an OWP appl. which might be a problem. Anyway I would be terribly happy if it`s true! Why noone told me this??? You learn new things all the time. Your WP expired in Sept., right? I know they changed the rules, before sept. 17th you could submit your extention and keep working until you get your extention or OWP, after we have to stop working when the permit expires and wait until getting the new. That might be the reason why I can`t do the same as you did. I`ll call them, find out and let everyone know!

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
Is that true Kris? You were on implied status and working beside? If that`s true I might made a mistake, today I sent the application for visitor status. First thing in the morning would be to call them and ask about this. Although I did not include an OWP appl. which might be a problem. Anyway I would be terribly happy if it`s true! Why noone told me this??? You learn new things all the time. Your WP expired in Sept., right? I know they changed the rules, before sept. 17th you could submit your extention and keep working until you get your extention or OWP, after we have to stop working when the permit expires and wait until getting the new. That might be the reason why I can`t do the same as you did. I`ll call them, find out and let everyone know!
what i know correct me if um wrong is let say u had work permit which was going to expire on dec 23 this year n before expering you decide to send application to renew it you will continue to work under the same condition till when cic answer you back which will be either you got it or not. now since ditta you were waiting for your LMO this will not count till when you get ur LMO and send off ur work permit if it has not expered since you didnt include work permit then the day it will expire you will have to stop working.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Kris and Mimi, both of you are right. I called them and situation is the following: if you have submitted OWP with your PR you can continue working under implied status after your work permit expires as long as you get your OWP. If you did not include the OWP, such like me, it`s not an option, you need your new LMO and the extention or change for visitor, then wait for AIP and apply for OWP. So, as it seems I tricked myself really well :mad: I could continue working...Now I have to pray for that LMO to arrive and be able to get a new WP or I will stay visitor until who knows when. Conclusion: never trust the system! I was so sure that it won`t take longer than 8 weeks to issue the LMO...BAH!
For Asta- if you have OWP submitted you don`t need extention, you remain under the same condition (visitor, worker) until you get AIP.

R

robrod

Landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
My fellow inlanders, my sponsorship application process was finally completed this morning!.
It only took about an hour and fifteen minutes to be done with it... The end of the immigration tunnel is so sweet and so easy... The "landing interview" at least for my wife and I was a gimme. Not really an interview but just a formality to pay the landing fee and then to make sure there are no mistakes on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
We were about 40 applicants in there. I didn't see who PTY507 was but I'm sure she made it as well.
Off to celebrate to the Ontario Art Gallery preceded by lunch!.
Good luck everyone and will check the thread later in the day...
Rob.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
ditta said:
Kris and Mimi, both of you are right. I called them and situation is the following: if you have submitted OWP with your PR you can continue working under implied status after your work permit expires as long as you get your OWP. If you did not include the OWP, such like me, it`s not an option, you need your new LMO and the extention or change for visitor, then wait for AIP and apply for OWP. So, as it seems I tricked myself really well :mad: I could continue working...Now I have to pray for that LMO to arrive and be able to get a new WP or I will stay visitor until who knows when. Conclusion: never trust the system! I was so sure that it won`t take longer than 8 weeks to issue the LMO...BAH!
For Asta- if you have OWP submitted you don`t need extention, you remain under the same condition (visitor, worker) until you get AIP.
Thanks Ditta, it was good that you were able to clarify that for others. I know some rules changed in Spetember but not sure to what. All I can do is let others know what happened in my situation and hope it helps.
I should know but what is LMO stand for? Hopefully you get it soon! Also could you send in OWP and add it to your PR application? Would that then put you on implied status or is that just not going to work?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Congratulations Rob!!! What a great day for you! :)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Congrats Roberto are you having a party? Happy for you how does it feel?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG so Happy for Robrod !!!!
You are formally welcomed to Canada now !!! :):):):):):)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Thanks for the hope-giving message that the end is so easy. Welcome as a fresh new PR!

About the implied status discussion... I had my portion of debating that with CIC officers on the phone as well. Luckily I have an open work permit (Working Holiday Program). According to what the last officer said (they're sometimes contradicting each other!!!) I can keep working under the same conditions as my expired work permit, because I filed for the OWP that comes with the PR application. So in the 5 or 6 months I'll be under "implied", I can still change employer, change jobs, etc. It's just at the employer's discretion to hire me (read: if he believes my "implied status" story, or not). I suppose that as long as I have a SIN/NAS number, I don't need to fear rejection. I'm planning to stay with my employer anyway for some time, but it's good to know that my options are open.

The most disturbing is that one officer told me that if I leave and re-enter Canada, my implied status will be gone. Another officer told me that I just need to prove to the immigration officer at the border that I'm under implied status (show my application package) and I should be able to keep my status. Do I actually need to pass by immigration to proove this? As being a citizen of a Visa Waiver country, usually I don't need to pass by immigration, unless the CBPA thinks my situation smells fishy (becoming an illegal alien, not being able to financially support myself during my stay, etc.)

Anyone got experience with this? My employer wants me to travel to the US for business, so I really need to be able to re-enter under implied. :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
ditta said:
yes, i applied without OWP (i didnt know back then that i can include OWP together). now i got AIP and applied for OWP.