Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Hello everyone!

First off, congratulations Rob! Wow, what great news and how encouraging for the rest of us to hear it!

I have a question for those who have gone through this already... What documents were requested after you submitted your application but before AIP? I see that many of you list "Docs requested" about 8 or 9 months after your application was received. I was wondering what types of documents CIC would be asking for.

Also, could someone tell me how to add my timetable to my profile.

Thanks!

Tuggie

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
I just figured out the profile thing...see my updated/added timetable. :)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Rob,what a day! :D Have a great celebration, you deserve it! Really happy for you!

Kris-LMO is labour market opinion that employers have to submit to human resources if they wish to hire foreigner workers. You need to present a positive LMO to be able to get a WP. There are LMO exempt occupations.
I asked about sending the OWP now and attach it to the PR appl., but they don`t accept it. It has to be with your original application or you can send it after you get AIP. That`s what it is. I`m just angry that I did not look after the OWP better when I applied and I caused trouble for myself that I could avoid. Anyway, I`m not so depressed, I was visitor once and could get a job and WP, I will be able to do it this time too...hopefully.

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Hi Ditta,

I was able to get a work permit relatively easily and that qualified me for Provincial health coverage, plus, of course, gave me something productive to do all day and supplied needed income for our family.

I also did not know to request the OWP at the same time I submitted the PR application, so I will have to now wait until AIP as well.

I hope you are able to get your WP. It sure helps while waiting the looooong time it takes to get PR.

Tuggie

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuggie said:
I have a question for those who have gone through this already... What documents were requested after you submitted your application but before AIP? I see that many of you list "Docs requested" about 8 or 9 months after your application was received. I was wondering what types of documents CIC would be asking for?

Tuggie
Hi Tuggie,

They request all kind of documents, but most of the time they require an UPDATE on what you have been doing(work/study/address changes...) since you sent your application, actually they send you an update sheet.
They sometimes require to re-do the Medical Exams for those who Exams have expired(they're only good for 1 year)
And there are cases that they require new Police Certificate from countries you have been to.(since they also have expire dates, some are good for only 3 months)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Tuggie said:
Hi Ditta,

I was able to get a work permit relatively easily and that qualified me for Provincial health coverage, plus, of course, gave me something productive to do all day and supplied needed income for our family.

I also did not know to request the OWP at the same time I submitted the PR application, so I will have to now wait until AIP as well.

I hope you are able to get your WP. It sure helps while waiting the looooong time it takes to get PR.

Tuggie
I ont understand is it a regular wp? in what field?? i would like to apply or a regular wp..i hear u can apply if you ae inland and get a lmo??

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
felicidades Rob le deseo toda la felicidad en su nueva vida..just got my foss notes
hahahaha my BF date is 15th february 2011 i think after this i will have nerve breakdown n this cold n snow lord have mercy seems they are waiting for criminality and security check

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
I ont understand is it a regular wp? in what field?? i would like to apply or a regular wp..i hear u can apply if you ae inland and get a lmo??
if ur studying u can apply for work permit after six months since u started xool they call it off compus work permit, or if you have finish your degrees you can get postgraduate work permit which are all easy to get you can work anywhere. LMO you get when you have the job and they need to give you that LMO which is 50/50 because they need to prove why they want to hire you and for now is more tough due to this recession so they want to preserve jobs for canadians n PR you can get either ur inland or outland it really depend where you are n how many people applied for the job .so BB since your not international student you will need POSITIVE LMO to get a work permit

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
hello everyone,

kiwikris said to drop by here ;)

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2010.

We received the requested information on May 14, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

thats as far as i got ;) on October 26th i got my OWP, and it seems to take a year even as kiwikris said, that someone who applyed in dec 09 just got their PR ?

cheers !

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
BB, you could work if you find an employer who is willing to hire you and submit an LMO for you which comes back positive. Do I remember well, you are an accountant? You live in BC, I don`t know much about how hard is to get a job there, in Alberta it`s relatively easy compared to other provinces. I just wrote, my mistake is that I did not include OWP with my application, I didn`t know it would allow me to continue working until AIP, so now I`m srewed a bit and my employer had no idea either that I wouldn`t get the LMO for extention in two months. It seems the timlines are getting longer and longer...But you might want to look around, you don`t have to sit and wait for 18 months.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
BB, you could work if you find an employer who is willing to hire you and submit an LMO for you which comes back positive. Do I remember well, you are an accountant? You live in BC, I don`t know much about how hard is to get a job there, in Alberta it`s relatively easy compared to other provinces. I just wrote, my mistake is that I did not include OWP with my application, I didn`t know it would allow me to continue working until AIP, so now I`m srewed a bit and my employer had no idea either that I wouldn`t get the LMO for extention in two months. It seems the timlines are getting longer and longer...But you might want to look around, you don`t have to sit and wait for 18 months.
sorry ditta but not all LMO comes positive as the employer need to prove that either canadians or PR can't feel that position n i can only tell you just pray ur LMO comes positive can't you ask urself why before people got their LMO within 4 to six weeks n why delaying it now?before 2008 alberta use to be really nice jobs everywhere but now its really hard .BB try to look in health care its easy getting jobs

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I know Mimi, I`m not taking it for granted...definitely there is a big difference between 2008 and now, well if I have to wait the AIP and then apply for the OWP then I will wait patiently...anyway I have a 5 month old son, I work at night, so good thing in bad I can sleep more than 4-5 hours. ;)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Jurjen said:
Thanks for the hope-giving message that the end is so easy. Welcome as a fresh new PR!

About the implied status discussion... I had my portion of debating that with CIC officers on the phone as well. Luckily I have an open work permit (Working Holiday Program). According to what the last officer said (they're sometimes contradicting each other!!!) I can keep working under the same conditions as my expired work permit, because I filed for the OWP that comes with the PR application. So in the 5 or 6 months I'll be under "implied", I can still change employer, change jobs, etc. It's just at the employer's discretion to hire me (read: if he believes my "implied status" story, or not). I suppose that as long as I have a SIN/NAS number, I don't need to fear rejection. I'm planning to stay with my employer anyway for some time, but it's good to know that my options are open.

The most disturbing is that one officer told me that if I leave and re-enter Canada, my implied status will be gone. Another officer told me that I just need to prove to the immigration officer at the border that I'm under implied status (show my application package) and I should be able to keep my status. Do I actually need to pass by immigration to proove this? As being a citizen of a Visa Waiver country, usually I don't need to pass by immigration, unless the CBPA thinks my situation smells fishy (becoming an illegal alien, not being able to financially support myself during my stay, etc.)

Anyone got experience with this? My employer wants me to travel to the US for business, so I really need to be able to re-enter under implied. :)
Hi Jurjen,
I was also on WHP before I received my OWP.
I have this from CIC when we went to the office to try and see what could be done about getting health coverage while being on implied status because it expires and they need the letter confirming sponsorship and your new OWP(for Ontario as least). Your SIN also expires so not sure if you can change jobs and also the only "proof" you would have is the receipt from when you mailed in your application. I know of some people who had casual jobs and once on impiled status were unable to get a job since they didn't have one.

this is from the CIC operation manual- dated Sep 08 2010

"24 Impiled Status (Replaces OB092-Jan 15 2009)

A temporary resident must apply to extend their period or authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a tempory resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

If a temporary resident appiles for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189( the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply ONLY AS LONG AS THE PERSON REMAINS IN CANADA.
A temporary resident with implied status who has left Canada may:
-be allowed to re-enter Canada as a temporary resident, pending a decision on the renewal of theri application to study or work in Canada, provided they are TRV exempt as per R190 or on a mulitple-entry visa. They may NOT resume work or study in Canda until their application for renewal has been granted. For those not able to resume work, they must satisfy the BSO that they have suffcient means of support. (Note that this applies to foreign nationals who are TVR exempt as per R190(3)(f) and to those on multiple-entry visas.
-be allowed to apply for a new work or study permit at the port of entry provided they have the right to do so under the requlations."

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
ditta said:
Rob,what a day! :D Have a great celebration, you deserve it! Really happy for you!

Kris-LMO is labour market opinion that employers have to submit to human resources if they wish to hire foreigner workers. You need to present a positive LMO to be able to get a WP. There are LMO exempt occupations.
I asked about sending the OWP now and attach it to the PR appl., but they don`t accept it. It has to be with your original application or you can send it after you get AIP. That`s what it is. I`m just angry that I did not look after the OWP better when I applied and I caused trouble for myself that I could avoid. Anyway, I`m not so depressed, I was visitor once and could get a job and WP, I will be able to do it this time too...hopefully.
Thanks Ditta, good to know :) That sux you can't attach OWP I hope you get LMO soon and in the meantime it is great to spend time with you little one :) I understand how you feel, I wish CIC had all the details spelled out for us so we didn't find out these things after it was too late to do anything about it!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
bood82 said:
hello everyone,

kiwikris said to drop by here ;)

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2010.

We received the requested information on May 14, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

thats as far as i got ;) on October 26th i got my OWP, and it seems to take a year even as kiwikris said, that someone who applyed in dec 09 just got their PR ?

cheers !
Welcome to inlanders Bood82, on a previous post which I can't seem to find but was posted today someone said their application was received on 9 Feb this year and the just received their letter for PR landing interview! So it could be happening anyday now for any of us.

Fingers crossed everyone! :)