INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annabruce said:
So we got our answer. Whether we like it or not, we have to wait 90 days before my wife will get OHIP. It doesn't matter that she has been living with me since August of 2010. It doesn't matter that she has an Ontario driver's licence. It doesn't matter that the apartment lease is jointly in her name. She still has to wait 90 days from the date of her AIP letter.
annabruce you are right,i went to service Ontario today to apply for OHIP .The lady handed me a confirmation receipt showing that i will have to wait

for 90 days :eek: to be able to get access to OHIP.............So the waiting game business is still on.

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
Hey everyone!
Just found out about this site and I think it'll help me along the way especially in this waiting game!

Just wanted to see if someone could help me out/give me advice!
I sent my application in Dec.2010 and they started processing the application Jan.2011.
I sent the full package application and I haven't heard anything from them(i called to get my client id number, so i could manually check online). No letter or nothing! I have been signing on cic and checking my status but it still says its in progress.

Anyone here that sent it around the same time? or on the same boat as me! I would appreciate any advice!

Is it a good or bad thing that i still ,after 10 months I still haven't gotten any type of response from them?

thanks guys! take care

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Guys, this is a really dumb question but I have never mailed anything to Vegreville before. How do they like getting the papers? Do they like them loose or should I paper clip them? Should I use a bubble envelope to send in the additional documents or one of those cardboard envelopes? Silly questions I know but when I did my husbands extension, I did it online and our consultant sent in our package.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LuckyJinx said:
Hey everyone!
Just found out about this site and I think it'll help me along the way especially in this waiting game!

I sent my application in Dec.2010 and they started processing the application Jan.2011.
I sent the full package application and I haven't heard anything from them(i called to get my client id number, so i could manually check online). No letter or nothing! I have been signing on cic and checking my status but it still says its in progress.

Anyone here that sent it around the same time? or on the same boat as me! I would appreciate any advice!

Is it a good or bad thing that i still ,after 10 months I still haven't gotten any type of response from them?

thanks guys! take care
luckyjlix,its normal the processing time has move from 9-10months to 10-11months and currently they are processing application received on 0ct 26,2010 but CIC is way ahead with the processing time....hang in there you have about a month more to hopefully you will hear some good news from them....can you give the exact date CIC received and start processing your application?so that love_young will add you to the table.

just be strong and stay positive.welcome to the thread

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
tozo said:
luckyjlix,its normal the processing time has move from 9-10months to 10-11months and currently they are processing application received on 0ct 26,2010 but CIC is way ahead with the processing time....hang in there you have about a month more to hopefully you will hear some good news from them....can you give the exact date CIC received and start processing your application?so that love_young will add you to the table.

just be strong and stay positive.welcome to the thread
Thank you for your response! It just takes so long with no response from them!

Application was received Dec.1st.2010 Started processing Jan.18.2011 !

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
angtao said:
Guys, this is a really dumb question but I have never mailed anything to Vegreville before. How do they like getting the papers? Do they like them loose or should I paper clip them? Should I use a bubble envelope to send in the additional documents or one of those cardboard envelopes? Silly questions I know but when I did my husbands extension, I did it online and our consultant sent in our package.
I don't know how they like it 8) but I paper clip the cover letter to enclosed documents / papers and I sent mine with ordinary envelope. In turned out ok.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
tozo said:
annabruce you are right,i went to service Ontario today to apply for OHIP .The lady handed me a confirmation receipt showing that i will have to wait

for 90 days :eek: to be able to get access to OHIP.............So the waiting game business is still on.
I don't think this is right. 50% of the time she has spent in Canada counts towards her Citizenship residency requirement. She can prove that she has been in Ontario all of this time.

She also tells me that she needed to make a huge scene just to convince the agent that she would even qualify in 90 days with her current status. Then the agent finally called her supervisor who agreed that Anna qualified, but she would have to wait 90 days.

I don't think the agents know the rules. I think it is very important that we all complain about this. You'll notice that there is an explanation of how to complain at the back of the statement showing when you will receive your card. Anna and I will be complaining. Based on the info publicly available, Anna should immediately qualify given that she has been living with me in Ottawa for over a year.

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Inlandappl said:
First of all if you applied july 2011 it may be still early for your application to appear in ecas, but it could already appear......
you say that your husband can see the progress of the application(which application?)
usually it only shows on ecas with one of the two last names(yours or his). in my case , I'm the applicant(not the sponsor) and it shows on my name.
Thanks Inlandappl, now I get why I don't seem to login Ecase with my name, to answer ur question (which application?) there is only one application for PR based on Sponsorship no work Permit as he still has a 3 year work Permit. I hope I answered ur question sorrry my english is not that great (from Quebec) lol

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Hi L_Y, Sorry come for another question.

I just noticed that on CIC website, it asks applicants to submit a new applicantion form with bar code (I am taking care of the new born baby, and have not got on the web for a while). I know you didn't fill the new form, but just from your experience, please give me some advice.

1. At the end of the new IMM0008, it asks for consent from applicant for sharing information related to education and work experience with prospective employer to assist their hiring, what does it mean exactly? Does it mean CIC will put the information in a database which prospective employers can search through for eligible workers? Or does it mean after the applicant gets PR and starts looking for a job, the employer can use the information to do background check?

2. Since I am thinking to setup my own business, can I choose "no"? Will a "no" answer cause CIC to suspect the truthfulness of the information provided and result a background check (and definitely result a longer wait)?

Thanks for taking your time!

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
annabruce said:
I don't think this is right. 50% of the time she has spent in Canada counts towards her Citizenship residency requirement. She can prove that she has been in Ontario all of this time.

She also tells me that she needed to make a huge scene just to convince the agent that she would even qualify in 90 days with her current status. Then the agent finally called her supervisor who agreed that Anna qualified, but she would have to wait 90 days.

I don't think the agents know the rules. I think it is very important that we all complain about this. You'll notice that there is an explanation of how to complain at the back of the statement showing when you will receive your card. Anna and I will be complaining. Based on the info publicly available, Anna should immediately qualify given that she has been living with me in Ottawa for over a year.
Hi

I am in the same position, I would like to know if we can complaint too 8).
my husband and I have been living together since Jan 2010 in Canada, own Ontario driving license since June 2010, we have joint-lease and joint account, and finally bought a house together. They do not count that. yep, the waiting game continues.. I really feel it's not fair we have to wait for another 90 days for OHIP.

The lady at registry office told me what count is the letter from immigration. She said we can try to request a letter from immigration stating the date when we have submitted our application and we have met the eligibility to apply for PR . With this letter they can backdated our OHIP. I have no idea how to obtain this letter and where to request and would it be possible... :'(

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
SMA.DE said:
Hi L_Y, Sorry come for another question.

1. At the end of the new IMM0008, it asks for consent from applicant for sharing information related to education and work experience with prospective employer to assist their hiring, what does it mean exactly? Does it mean CIC will put the information in a database which prospective employers can search through for eligible workers? Or does it mean after the applicant gets PR and starts looking for a job, the employer can use the information to do background check?

2. Since I am thinking to setup my own business, can I choose "no"? Will a "no" answer cause CIC to suspect the truthfulness of the information provided and result a background check (and definitely result a longer wait)?
I suppose you're better of asking 2011 applicants, since we didn't have this form. Personally I don't know what I would choose. The YES could show that I'm grabbing any chance to get integrated and settled (bonus points for CIC?), but I don't like that someone else sets up profiles for me in databanks, so it could be confusing on how to manage or revoke that info myself, so that would mean a NO.

angtao said:
This is how we did it: one envelope with the PR application and all documents concerning that. Document with multiple sheets I stapled together (although I hear a lot of people saying CIC doesn't want staples, so maybe use paperclips. In a second envelope I put the OWP application, writing on the envelope: "Application for open work permit for PR applicant, please do not process before first stage approval." The two envelopes I put together with a cover letter in a bigger envelope. Each of the applications also had a cover letter.
In my case: I didn't hear complaints from CIC and I got processed pretty fast comparing to others. Maybe this way of organizing your papers could contribute to a fast processing (and also not sending too much proof).

LuckyJinx said:
Hi, welcome to the thread!
I would say that you'd need to wait at least another month before CIC will make a decision on first stage, second stage we cannot predict.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Not news, just share my sponsor's Ecas update

My sponsor's statues just changed

On his Ecas it shows 2 parts now

Sponsorship Application(s)

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status

(my name) Decision Made In Process

++click in "sponsorship App status"++

We received your application to sponsor (my name) on November 3, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 22, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 22, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before
contacting us.

++click in "PR App status"++ <--actually this part is same as my Ecas

We received (my name) application for permanent residence on November 3, 2010.

We started processing (my name) application on December 16, 2010.

A decision has been made and (my name) will be contacted.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

some applicants/sponsors are wondering why the sponsor can't log in Ecas. My sponsor can't get any information about our app via Ecas before today, the only reason he can log in Ecas before is he renewing his PR card on this June. So people stop worried about it.... ;D

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
Hey Guys! Just want to share my timeline...

We received your application for permanent residence on October 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 9, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on September 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on September 19, 2011 to XXX, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

My office is Edmonton, the delay there is 4-6 weeks, so hopefully by the end of October my wife finally will be a PR:)))) So we can finally go for our honeymoon:)))

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
Hey Guys! Just want to share my timeline...

We received your application for permanent residence on October 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 9, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on September 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on September 19, 2011 to XXX, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

My office is Edmonton, the delay there is 4-6 weeks, so hopefully by the end of October my wife finally will be a PR:)))) So we can finally go for our honeymoon:)))
Congrats......your wife must be happy ;D

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Jurjen said:
I suppose you're better of asking 2011 applicants, since we didn't have this form. Personally I don't know what I would choose. The YES could show that I'm grabbing any chance to get integrated and settled (bonus points for CIC?), but I don't like that someone else sets up profiles for me in databanks, so it could be confusing on how to manage or revoke that info myself, so that would mean a NO.
thank you for your answers. I did post the question in 2011 inland thread, just feel people here is more experienced:)
By the way, anyone else have an idea? Would you choose "Yes" or "No" to give consent to CIC to share your educationa and work experience to prospecive employers? Would a "NO" answer be an indicator for CIC to conduct background check (I am afraid they doubt about why I didn't want to share the info)