Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
thanks a lot love_young for that information..

nobody explain it that way, even the officers. they shouldn't put in the letter then that they're are not goin to give the permanent SIN at the time of landing. all people who landed via inland sponsorship was disappointed inspite of being accepted in Canada permanently. all they reason out is that the system is not working. my local office is in Hamilton.

I even went back to the immigration office this morning to ask for more information. the officer said the system is still down so they cannot access. :(

they didn't touch my OWP application because my landing came in first b4 that.

the sad thing is that, i am 5 months pregnant now, and very eager to find work right away for me to get Maternity benefit :(( i need to earn 600 hours to be eligible. I have job offer already but now, i dont know how its gonna work now..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Oh hun, I am so sorry about all of this and the thing is, they are the ones that cause this especially in your situation.
Normally you would have been given a SIN that day after landing but only the Service Canada's that are located at the same building as where you land, give you a SIN without PR card being needed. Even they should know this. I would keep getting in touch with them or tell them to contact you when it begins to work. Explain that you shouldn't be punished because of their system not working and should be allowed to come back in to get yours when it does work because really it isn't your fault that this happened. I am just so sorry, I hope that this gets resolved and congrats on your pregnancy. Hope you have a smooth time. Let me know if you hear anything or get anything resolved.

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
Love_Young said:
Oh hun, I am so sorry about all of this and the thing is, they are the ones that cause this especially in your situation.
Normally you would have been given a SIN that day after landing but only the Service Canada's that are located at the same building as where you land, give you a SIN without PR card being needed. Even they should know this. I would keep getting in touch with them or tell them to contact you when it begins to work. Explain that you shouldn't be punished because of their system not working and should be allowed to come back in to get yours when it does work because really it isn't your fault that this happened. I am just so sorry, I hope that this gets resolved and congrats on your pregnancy. Hope you have a smooth time. Let me know if you hear anything or get anything resolved.
thanks again so much love_young.. you're such a nice person..

i'l let you know when things gets better.. i keep on watching the changes too at service canada if anything changes..

once again.. thank you thank you! 2 thumps up!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Jurjen said:
It can take quite some time (often 2 months) to add information to your file. I think you should await that message on eCas and then call CIC for advice. You may have to send in a new form for your son with the name on the passport, to replace the old form. Or replace his passport inmediately if you really want to keep "Darn" as his English name, otherwise I think he'll have a lot of issues in the future when he needs to identify himself and his documents are not the same (like: arriving in Canada, landing, etc.) But that's my personal thought, I'm not CIC. ;)
Jurjen :

Thanks a lot for sharing the opinion. I think I'll give them some more time to open the envelope if they will update it and then I'll call them to see if I need to provide any other papers :p
I'm just too worried about CIC-V may transfer my paper to Hong Kong office since my son is in Taiwan, and those paper might confuse the officer in HK since I sent the documents & explanation to CIC-V but HK.
The other thing is I worried this "issue" might make the CIC officers feel bad about me or make them think I was giving the "fake" information since I'm not. I hope I'm just worried too much.
But anyway, I'll try it and thanks again. ;D

Love_Young said:
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME TO CANADA!!! :D ;)
Lastly, you have to realize that only select local CIC offices do offer to get a permanent SIN at the same location (maybe like 1 or 2 do). He was wrong to say that you could get it at another location. Most people the only way they can work after landing is if they used their OWP (if they had one after AIP) to get a temporary SIN and kept working on it until after they got their PR card and then got a permanent new SIN. Unless you did this, you will have to wait until after you get your PR card to get a permanent SIN and start working. That is their rules for inland applicants.

If you were outland, you can take your COPR and voided out PR visa in your passport as proof of PR status. However, for inland applicants they will not accept just the COPR alone as proof and some stamps that inland applicants get after landing is NOT the same as the visa outland applicants get that entitle them to land. The only proof they will accept from inland applicants is PR card with COPR. It even states this on their site. Unless you find a way to be allowed to go back to your local office and explaining the mess up, you will have to wait 2-3 months to get your PR card to be eligible for a SIN and to start working. Sorry for the inconvenience. I too had to wait all because my OWP got to me later and the next morning I had to land and didn't have a chance to get a temporary SIN before landing. So I had to wait almost 2 months for my PR card but once I had that, that gave me a SIN no problem.
Love_Young

Thank you for explaining this info and I really think it's so useful which should be put in TOP, so people will not misunderstand it.
CIC should give you a big prize since you've been answering questions for them all the time. ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lhet_sept2010 said:
thanks again so much love_young.. you're such a nice person..

i'l let you know when things gets better.. i keep on watching the changes too at service canada if anything changes..

once again.. thank you thank you! 2 thumps up!
Aww why thank you. You're very nice too. :p And you're welcome!

AmandaHsu said:
Love_Young

Thank you for explaining this info and I really think it's so useful which should be put in TOP, so people will not misunderstand it.
CIC should give you a big prize since you've been answering questions for them all the time. ;D
You don't have to ever thank me, I just want to help. Haha, like CIC would spend any money on me but thank you, what a sweet thing to say. :)

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, does anyone know the landing timeline for Scarborough office? Is there anyway I can contact them or do I have to wait until they contact me?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pptk703 said:
Hello, does anyone know the landing timeline for Scarborough office? Is there anyway I can contact them or do I have to wait until they contact me?
You have to wait until they contact you but you can always call CIC and ask what the average time is. Just be aware that sometimes their averages just aren't that well. Second stage depends both on the office and how long it takes to finish your background checks and medical.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
You have to wait until they contact you but you can always call CIC and ask what the average time is. Just be aware that sometimes their averages just aren't that well. Second stage depends both on the office and how long it takes to finish your background checks and medical.
Hi LY,

Do they still do background checks and medical after Decision Made? I was talking about landing at my local office. I got decision made on September 16.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pptk703 said:
Hi LY,

Do they still do background checks and medical after Decision Made? I was talking about landing at my local office. I got decision made on September 16.
No, once you have "Decision Made" everything is done. I am sorry that I wasn't aware before.
All you need to do is wait for your local office to contact you via mail, sometimes they do call but mostly small/non-busy offices.
If you want an approximate time for how long you have to wait for landing, call CIC and they can tell you. ;)

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Love_Young said:
No, once you have "Decision Made" everything is done. I am sorry that I wasn't aware before.
All you need to do is wait for your local office to contact you via mail, sometimes they do call but mostly small/non-busy offices.
If you want an approximate time for how long you have to wait for landing, call CIC and they can tell you. ;)
Does anyone know how long it takes to get this landing interview? I called CIC call center and the agent told me that Vancouver office might take up to 3 months…Does anyone took that long? Or as usual agents giving the maximum time..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pengyuen said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get this landing interview? I called CIC call center and the agent told me that Vancouver office might take up to 3 months...Does anyone took that long? Or as usual agents giving the maximum time..
All they can do is give you an average. No one actually knows how long it will take for any local office to get in contact with people for landing. Could be different for everyone depending on how the office works, if they contact by mail/phone, if the mail runs slow if it is mailed, etc. I wish I could give you a better answer though.

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Love_Young said:
All they can do is give you an average. No one actually knows how long it will take for any local office to get in contact with people for landing. Could be different for everyone depending on how the office works, if they contact by mail/phone, if the mail runs slow if it is mailed, etc. I wish I could give you a better answer though.
Thanks Love_Young, that's good enough:)
As I see from other profiles Vancouver office arrange an interview in a month but it didn’t happened to me..The best I can do continue to wait

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
So we got our answer. Whether we like it or not, we have to wait 90 days before my wife will get OHIP. It doesn't matter that she has been living with me since August of 2010. It doesn't matter that she has an Ontario driver's licence. It doesn't matter that the apartment lease is jointly in her name. She still has to wait 90 days from the date of her AIP letter.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Arrived at the Montreal local office at the end of the afternoon (16:00), doors locked, nobody at reception (read: reception area the size of my bathroom), so couldn't ask any questions or drop off my envelope.

Back home I called CIC, the agent had to think about an answer, because he didn't know local offices send a photocopy of the CoPR for verification. In the end he said that I should correct it, just to be sure. I asked if it would cause any delays. He explained that local offices print the CoPR themselves (Vegreville doesn't even provide the first one for the local office), so it shouldn't cause delays.