Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Kayeeen said:
Hi. It's been awhile since i have last posted here. Congrats to everyone who had received aip and pr :)

As for me I was supposed to do my landing interview today. Went there had everything ready. Called in the interview room and the first thing the lady said "before your have a seat.... Blah blah blah" they can't do my landing interview today cause my medical was expired 7 days ago. And they just emailed Ottawa to ask for an extension for the medical. And it will take them a month or so to reschedule my landing interview again. I just am stressed right now cause I have plans of traveling in the next few days. But i guess will stick the plan. I will be traveling outside Canada. The lady said should be no problem cause I have my work permit just need to get reentry visa. Oh well good luck to everyone I have to forget about my papers for now. Will be on vacation for a month. I will keep u all posted if I get back to Canada or have process again cause they refuse my entry back to canada :(

Have a good day everyone
Aww I am so sorry to hear that Kayeeen.

Too bad they didn't just schedule it sooner or let you know that it would be a problem. They should have already asked for an extension. Oh well though, just go and enjoy your vacation time. Hope you have fun! Let us know when you get the next appointment time.

Spring4.6. said:
Hello!

I started to think again about immigration, and the process and all, and I just got a little bit nervous so I thought that I can always ask.

So, if anyone knows, are applicants that have AIP mostly approved at the end of the process? I mean, I am guessing that just because I got AIP I cant relax and think that everything is done. I am now worried about criminal record check or medical cause i know that they are ok, but still. I have just called their immigration phone, and they toled me that usually you have to wait 11 months after you get AIP. I know that it is estimation, bust still. I am now waiting 6 months almost, after my AIP.

Thanks!
Well first of all, the agent is wrong. The average is 9 months after AIP to get PR. But it is different for everyone. That is what I hate about the second step is that there are not generalized predictions on the wait time because it all depends on your personal case file and also the local CIC office scheduling time. I think it is rare to be refused after getting AIP but has been done before. I think however that most cases have been checked for admissibility in at least one area before AIP. And if you have nothing on your background checks and medical is clear then all you have left to do is wait. Maybe ordering your FOSS notes would help you see what your next "bring forward" date is if there are any and what they are waiting to finalize. Don't worry and keep your chin up. PR is on the way. ;)

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Love_Young said:
Well first of all, the agent is wrong. The average is 9 months after AIP ....

Not 100% wrong... 9 month average, to make it simple means:
For some people takes 11 months, and for some other takes 7... ;)

Good nite every body, time to go home

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Gemauru said:
Not 100% wrong... 9 month average, to make it simple means:
For some people takes 11 months, and for some other takes 7... ;)

Good nite every body, time to go home
Hmm...no I meant they are wrong in stating that the "average" time is 11 months.
Which we all know it could go either way anyway but they could at least go by the posted date on the CIC site.
9 months is just more likely (usually less) than 11 months. Not very many people take that to get PR after AIP so why state that long.
They probably just wanted them off the phone. Basically as to say, "please leave us alone for another year" because if they tell someone a sooner date than when that date rolls around and certain people still don't have PR yet guess what is going to happen, the hotline is going to backed up with calls? So saying 11 months is better in this sense but definitely not accurate by far.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
Well first of all, the agent is wrong. The average is 9 months after AIP to get PR. But it is different for everyone. That is what I hate about the second step is that there are not generalized predictions on the wait time because it all depends on your personal case file and also the local CIC office scheduling time. I think it is rare to be refused after getting AIP but has been done before. I think however that most cases have been checked for admissibility in at least one area before AIP. And if you have nothing on your background checks and medical is clear then all you have left to do is wait. Maybe ordering your FOSS notes would help you see what your next "bring forward" date is if there are any and what they are waiting to finalize. Don't worry and keep your chin up. PR is on the way. ;)
About the 9 months wait after AIP if we had to rely on what's happening in this forum these days we could say that this number(9 months) is luckily pretty inflated. hopefully it has not been updated yet. these days after AIP many people get PR at the same time and some people (always from this forum) are waiting a maximum of 5 months average

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Kayeeen said:
Hi. It's been awhile since i have last posted here. Congrats to everyone who had received aip and pr :)

As for me I was supposed to do my landing interview today. Went there had everything ready. Called in the interview room and the first thing the lady said "before your have a seat.... Blah blah blah" they can't do my landing interview today cause my medical was expired 7 days ago. And they just emailed Ottawa to ask for an extension for the medical. And it will take them a month or so to reschedule my landing interview again. I just am stressed right now cause I have plans of traveling in the next few days. But i guess will stick the plan. I will be traveling outside Canada. The lady said should be no problem cause I have my work permit just need to get reentry visa. Oh well good luck to everyone I have to forget about my papers for now. Will be on vacation for a month. I will keep u all posted if I get back to Canada or have process again cause they refuse my entry back to canada :(

Have a good day everyone
hi just wanna asked when did u took ur medical

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
9 months is just more likely (usually less) than 11 months. Not very many people take that to get PR after AIP so why state that long.
They probably just wanted them off the phone. Basically as to say, "please leave us alone for another year"
YES, i agree with you, i can just imagine that this is luckily the TRUTH! ;D

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
TeresaLynn said:
Yes this is normal, we received the same letter. This form is called the client history update form. They send this form when they are reviewing your application to ensure that nothing is missing. After they review the application and confirm that every thing is order they send to the IO working on your file for a decision which will usually be done in the 9th or 10th month. There must have been an error or missing information in your application. For us we messed up a date under the address section. What area are they asking you to update? work, address, hobbies? Just fill out the form with the requested information and get it back to them as soon as you can. It took the about 2 months to add to our file. I hope this helps :)
Thanks TeresaLynn for your reply. They want to know my addresses, employment and education history. I moved around alot in the past few years so maybe thats why. Also I left out a couple of places I worked at when I lived in the States since they were so long ago. Now Im so scared that they will think I was lying. I dont know what to do:(

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Kayeeen said:

Have a good day everyone
And by the way if they wanted to be so "bureucratic" and strict with your 7 day expired medicals they could have sent an email to Ottawa for an extension of ur medicals BEFORE they planned a landing appointment with you.....i guess they just forgot...... :mad:

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I cannot believe that they did not land Kayeen today because of a 7 day overdue medical.

That is absolute horseshit!

Kayeeen

Dec 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
lovely20 said:
Awwww.... that sucks!!! I'm surprised they overlooked something like that. 7 days was it really a big deal for them? Enjoy your vacation, there's really nothing much you can do right now. Sometimes it really is upsetting.
lovely 20.. yeah it sucks big time. instead of thinking about my vacation right now i am thinking of all the things that i need to do so i can come back to canada no problem.

Love_Young said:
Aww I am so sorry to hear that Kayeeen.

Too bad they didn't just schedule it sooner or let you know that it would be a problem. They should have already asked for an extension. Oh well though, just go and enjoy your vacation time. Hope you have fun! Let us know when you get the next appointment time.
yes LY they could have scheduled it earlier. she was even trying to be nice and said that when they sent the letter the medical was still valid. and i will let you know as i know when i get my letter. she said around june.

santacruzan said:
hi just wanna asked when did u took ur medical
santacruzan i did my medical april 21 and sent my application may 19. she said they normally will extend it so i don't need to worry. trying not to think about it but i'm back to stressing myself about this.

Inlandappl said:
And by the way if they wanted to be so "bureucratic" and strict with your 7 day expired medicals they could have sent an email to Ottawa for an extension of ur medicals BEFORE they planned a landing appointment with you.....i guess they just forgot...... :mad:
i know. and i think it was with calgary office's fault. cause my file was sent to them on march 29th i guess then i just think they don't look at the papers until the day of the interview.

angtao said:
I cannot believe that they did not land Kayeen today because of a 7 day overdue medical.

That is absolute horse*censored word*!
i know angtao. my husband even told the officer today. when we applied it says 5-6 months and now its 9-10 it wasn't our fault that the medicals will reach the expiration date.

with immigration you can never tell what will happen for sure.before going there i even told my hubby i wanna hear the words welcome to canada. but i didn't :(

well i guess the big risk i am taking is leaving canada before my pr process is finished. if they will give me hard time in the border when i get back i will tell them all what happened. it was a last minute decision for me to fly. cause my hubby and his friend is flying to my home country i was not gonna cause we didn't know if i get approved. and last month when i got all the letters then we decided i will go travel. and now here i am can't cancel my trip. have lots of things i need to do on my vacation. getting reentry visa. and and exit clearance from my home country. too much to think.

thanks everyone for being their all the time. i will keep you all posted. all i can do now is pray :) and let him do all the works for me :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Kayeeen, I can't see it being a problem at all letting you back into Canada.
After all you were approved for both AIP and PR. They will know that. If nothing else just provide proof of the letter saying you had an appointment set up for that date but that they discovered your medical was expired and you are only waiting for them to extend and you should get another interview set up within the next month. If you know the IO's name maybe you could also give that to the border officer so that they can confirm with them that this is what is happening. Either way, enjoy your trip and take a break from this all. Can't wait to hear about the landing though when it does happen.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am nervous now after reading your post.

I did my medical exam on August 5th, 2010, CIC received my application on Oct 25, 2010. According to the current timeline I should get AIP by August 25th, 2011. By the time I go for landing interview, my medical exam will pass 1 year, does that mean I'll have to go through medial exam again? Should I might as well go for one now?

Kayeeen said:

Have a good day everyone

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pptk703 said:

I did my medical exam on August 5th, 2010, CIC received my application on Oct 25, 2010. According to the current timeline I should get AIP by August 25th, 2011. By the time I go for landing interview, my medical exam will pass 1 year, does that mean I'll have to go through medial exam again? Should I might as well go for one now?
No, don't ever get a new medical unless they (CIC) request one from you. Otherwise you could just be wasting money you didn't need to.
Not to mention more cases than not with inland applications it is very common for an IO to request that the medical validity be extended. In Kayeeen's case they are extending it but however they just didn't realize they needed to sooner. So no reason to get a new medical. ;)

Kayeeen

Dec 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Love_Young said:
Kayeeen, I can't see it being a problem at all letting you back into Canada.
After all you were approved for both AIP and PR. They will know that. If nothing else just provide proof of the letter saying you had an appointment set up for that date but that they discovered your medical was expired and you are only waiting for them to extend and you should get another interview set up within the next month. If you know the IO's name maybe you could also give that to the border officer so that they can confirm with them that this is what is happening. Either way, enjoy your trip and take a break from this all. Can't wait to hear about the landing though when it does happen.
thanks LY :) well we will all just wait and see on may 31 if i get back to canada :)

pptk703 said:

hi pptk703 no need to go to another one. cause when they emailed ottawa they email for an extension and she said they normally extend it. the only reason she thinks that i have to do another one is that if i had problems with my medical. but i don't have any so they just have to extend it. i think you will be fine. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Kayeeen said:
thanks LY :) well we will all just wait and see on may 31 if i get back to canada :)
You're very welcome. I bet we hear back from you getting back here just fine and talking about your wonderful vacation and your new PR landing date. Yeah that is definitely what is going to happen. ;)