Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
Tecle said:
Hi everyone my status change last Friday now say " decision made" !!! Waiting for the letter!!!
Congrats!

Dondon86

Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VERG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2011
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
10 July 2014
Tecle said:
Hi everyone my status change last Friday now say " decision made" !!! Waiting for the letter!!!
Congrats!!!!!

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
Mine says exactly this "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." But don't say nothing about a letter

pad980

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-10-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2012 AIP
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
LANDED..........
21-06-2013
Tecle said:
Mine says exactly this "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." But don't say nothing about a letter
That is the same thing that was on mine as well.
No worries from what I've been told we should be getting a letter soon.

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
QE2Guy01 said:
Congratulations to those with applications from 2011 who have recieved AIP and PR. I applied for sponsorship and PR for my spouse in October of 2011. To date we are still waiting for word on stage 1 AIP. I contacted CIC and was given the same answers which tell you absolutely nothing. I contacted Jason Kenney's office and was told that "Canada is under attack from dishonest people from Eastern Europe" and that the long delay is my fault because I married someone from Eastern Europe and applied for sponsorship and PR with my spouse in Canada, and that only in extreme and, or special circumstances can a person apply for sponsorship and PR within Canada. Interesting because it does NOT state this anywhere on the CIC website...I contacted my MP and within 4 days learned the following:

1. Why was the file transferred to CIC Calgary?

This file was transferred from CPC Vegreville to CIC Calgary because Vegreville was unable to reach a decision in this case. The reason obtained was the Immigration Officer was not convinced that the marriage requirement had been satisfied. This is not to say that they concluded that you were not married, only that they were not satisfied that you were indeed married.

2. What is the standard processing expectation at the current time?

The file was received at CIC Calgary in September of 2012, and this file is estimated to be reviewed in March of 2014.

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!! :mad:

I would be very grateful for any input, advice or suggestions from Computergeek or anyone else who has found themselves in a similar situation...
while i can say that this country has it's positive the negative is extreme, how can people wait this long for pr, i swear this put more pressure on family than anything else and force people to work illegally so they are loosing millions of non-tax dollars to better this country, oh well thats our lemon we will have to make lemonade i guess. it's all emotion they make decisions. just hold strain hope this will come to an end sooner than later. best of luck to all ..

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Tecle said:
Congrats. I m also waiting for letter since last week.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Does anyone know if the interview date notification letter will be mailed to both applicant and sponsor? or just to the applicant?

LNA

Jun 27, 2012
Finally, after so much frustration and tears, today my Ecas change to 'Decision Made'. I found a lot of consolation and answers in this forum for the past 20 months of agonizing wait, which I am very thankful to everyone here. I still need to wait some more before reaching the finish line but at least I have crossed the biggest hurdle for now. For reference, My timeline is

PR application rec'd by CIC - 19 Oct 2011

1st stage approval - 28 Aug 2012 (10 mths)

Medical report rec'd by CIC - Early Aug 2012 (I did medical early July, once I got my client no. after renewal of visitor record)

Police report sent - September 2012 (my country can only release police check report upon receiving CIC letter at 1st stage approval)

Approach MP - 2nd week after 8th month dateline

2nd stage approval - Decision made today (9 mths & 2 weeks)

Do note that even though our case is very simple (spouse Canadian, me from 1st world country, no dependents, both professional), there is no exception for the long wait. I guess the police report which I can't sent with application is the cause where CIC simply put in the queue pile again until the MP wrote to them.

So for those still waiting and way after the dateline, call your MP right away.

Next thing for me will be waiting for letter to arrive...

LNA

patrick91

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
Hey, just thought I'd share my timeline. I'm the husband and a canadian citizen, and I'm sponsoring my wife who is an american citizen.

app received by cic: aug 02, 2011
medical received: sept 2011
AIP & OWP: nov 03, 2011
cic req fbi records: feb of 2012
cic request re-do of medical: feb 2013

then, today, I get this email.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in St. John's will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

I assume this means DM? Hasn't changed on ecas yet. Anyone have any tips for the landing interview?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Watchie

I don't care what anyone wants to say, but all the positives of this country, are indeed eroded due to how they handle us ad prospective immigrants. How can someone with a straightforward case wait 2 yrs for PR. Look at the tone of the response the person below got from the immigration office when he inquired about the lengthy wait he's been experiencing. I don't think Canada is as welcoming as the world believes

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Watchie

I don't care what anyone wants to say, but all the positives of this country, are indeed eroded due to how they handle us ad prospective immigrants. How can someone with a straightforward case wait 2 yrs for PR. Look at the tone of the response the person below got from the immigration office when he inquired about the lengthy wait he's been experiencing. I don't think Canada is as welcoming as the world believes
Jiggy, i agree totally. infact when people ask about coming here i just recommend vacation and the experience, thats about it. this government is in denial or pretty much playing the fool, all they care about is when next mayor ford gonna hit the crack pipe.. no pun intended, as long as it dont affect his main responsibility hahahahaha.. the stress is crazy and very not welcoming.. just have to keep hope alive i guess.. calling CIC don't even matter, i don't even waste my time doing so, just sit and wait and hope.. we need to link and have tea after the stress is over..

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
LNA said:
Finally, after so much frustration and tears, today my Ecas change to 'Decision Made'. I found a lot of consolation and answers in this forum for the past 20 months of agonizing wait, which I am very thankful to everyone here. I still need to wait some more before reaching the finish line but at least I have crossed the biggest hurdle for now. For reference, My timeline is

PR application rec'd by CIC - 19 Oct 2011

1st stage approval - 28 Aug 2012 (10 mths)

Medical report rec'd by CIC - Early Aug 2012 (I did medical early July, once I got my client no. after renewal of visitor record)

Police report sent - September 2012 (my country can only release police check report upon receiving CIC letter at 1st stage approval)

Approach MP - 2nd week after 8th month dateline

2nd stage approval - Decision made today (9 mths & 2 weeks)

Do note that even though our case is very simple (spouse Canadian, me from 1st world country, no dependents, both professional), there is no exception for the long wait. I guess the police report which I can't sent with application is the cause where CIC simply put in the queue pile again until the MP wrote to them.

So for those still waiting and way after the dateline, call your MP right away.

Next thing for me will be waiting for letter to arrive...

LNA
Hi LNA,

can you please tell how do you know who is your MP?

Thanks

LNA

Jun 27, 2012
Hi Andkiss

Easy, just google "MP in Canada" and select the link "Find your MP using your postal code"

Good luck

LNA

Hkchigger

Mar 2, 2013
Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I (citizen) am sponsoring my spouse for PR inland. Application was sent in September 2011 with AIP July 31, 2012. Currently, we are still waiting for DM and it is getting very frustrating as we submitted all documents with our original application and have not been asked to resend anything.

I contacted our MP over a month ago and they contacted CIC on our behalf and CIC came back that they were waiting for approval from a third party. ( I guess maybe CSIS?) They did ask me to get in touch with them again in about a month if nothing moved and I emailed them yesterday again and will follow up with a call tomorrow, just need some advice if anyone has it, recent GCMS notes back up claims that we are waiting for background/security checks.

I suspect this could come from the fact my spouse attended something like a police school when they were in their late teens. Maybe that could somehow be called military, thus a risk...

Want to make international travel plans, hard to do without a scope of what date we will be free to travel.

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
LNA said:
Hi Andkiss

Easy, just google "MP in Canada" and select the link "Find your MP using your postal code"

Good luck

LNA
Thanks LNA~ ;)