Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
I dont have any kids and nothing , any ticket in my life, the only reason is if they check Very country i visited, cause in the past i was traveling around the world.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Zion786 I have never heard that a file has been transferred after AIP because for all I know a file is normally transferred when there is doubt in the officer's mind to approve first stage. But I can remember someone in here saying that after stage one approval files are sent to the local officer for concluding stage two so maybe and I hope that's what your file transfer meant. Good luck on getting AIP my friend :D. Could u share your timeline?

BLT123

Oct 1, 2012
Zion786, why do you think the file transfer is for "further review". From what I understand all files are transferred locally after the AIP is issued. Our letters indicated you meet the eligibility requirements etc....and your file will be transferred to a local office for final approval. The procedure followed for several successful applicants I know, who did not have an interview...

Anyone shed any similar experience?

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow CIC sent me mail " we are pleased to advice you that processing of you application has been completed"
finally after waiting 19 months
am soooo happy thanks my God

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ematina said:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow CIC sent me mail " we are pleased to advice you that processing of you application has been completed"
finally after waiting 19 months
am soooo happy thanks my God
Congrats... that is wonderful news!!!!

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
BLT123 said:
Zion786, why do you think the file transfer is for "further review". From what I understand all files are transferred locally after the AIP is issued. Our letters indicated you meet the eligibility requirements etc....and your file will be transferred to a local office for final approval. The procedure followed for several successful applicants I know, who did not have an interview...

Anyone shed any similar experience?
I got a letter 2 months after AIP stating that the file is transferred to the local office for further review and they may ask for clarification or an interview.Thats how I know that it is a transfer for further review....really strange, ive looked in other forums too, no one has ever had an experiance like this......:(

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
Zion786 said:
I got a letter 2 months after AIP stating that the file is transferred to the local office for further review and they may ask for clarification or an interview.Thats how I know that it is a transfer for further review....really strange, ive looked in other forums too, no one has ever had an experiance like this......:(
Zion786, strange enough I have got the same letter too, my application is nov2011 and was recently transferred to etobicoke for further assessment, I was very curious so I double check to see if something was missing from my file, nothing at all was missing. I have no idea what is going on, very weird but just have to be patient I guess and hope they take less coffee break and inform us the reason or just make a decision. Mi frustration buck!!!!!

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
How long it take to have the landing interview in Vancouver office!!

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Watchie said:
Zion786, strange enough I have got the same letter too, my application is nov2011 and was recently transferred to etobicoke for further assessment, I was very curious so I double check to see if something was missing from my file, nothing at all was missing. I have no idea what is going on, very weird but just have to be patient I guess and hope they take less coffee break and inform us the reason or just make a decision. Mi frustration buck!!!!!
Did you receive the AIP already....I mean was the transfer after you received AIP?...My file was transferred to local office after AIP for further assessment, I already have AIP....Ur file is transferred before AIP...ur case is very normal....the local office will ask you for an interview to determine weather the relationship is genuine. So, you see I have still found no one who has had an experience like me

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
Did you receive the AIP already....I mean was the transfer after you received AIP?...My file was transferred to local office after AIP for further assessment, I already have AIP....Ur file is transferred before AIP...ur case is very normal....the local office will ask you for an interview to determine weather the relationship is genuine. So, you see I have still found no one who has had an experience like me
If you have not ordered your electronic case notes yet, I would suggest doing so. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

This should provide you with insight into why it has been referred.

From OP 2 the reason they list transfer to a local office for the applicant is:

investigate criminal eligibility issues related to applicants under the spouses and common-law
partners in Canada class and applicants applying under humanitarian and compassionate
provisions*;
• investigate criminal eligibility issues or other sponsorship details*;
• initiate interviews with sponsors and applicants, when necessary;
• determine applicants’ eligibility once investigation is complete and grant or refuse permanent
residence in accordance with delegated authority;
• complete the processing of all applications received directly from applicants or via CPC-V
under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class or humanitarian and
compassionate provisions.
So, if there are criminal eligibility issues for the applicant for some reason - for example - the application may be referred to a local CIC office for processing. I suspect, but do not know, that they likely refer to a local office if there is a concern about misrepresentation.

Note that they also have the right to raise issues about the sponsor even after AIP and in that case they will still refer the application. I've also heard of cases where CPC-V transfers the file due to an error.

The GCMS notes should tell you why they have transferred your file. If they do not, then you might wish to hazard ordering a physical copy of the file - that has the potential to slow down the process, but if something is written on documents that is not captured in the notes it will show up in a physical record request.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Ematina said:
How long it take to have the landing interview in Vancouver office!!
I just got DM and received my landing interview date exactly a week later! Maybe you'll be on April 24th also. Congrats!

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
anticipation said:
I just got DM and received my landing interview date exactly a week later! Maybe you're be on April 24th also. Congrats!
congrats :)when did you pay the fees???

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Ematina said:
congrats :)when did you pay the fees???
I paid them a few days after I got DM. The letter from Vancouver was sent to me before I paid the fees.

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Hey, does anybody here have experience of the landing interview? I've googled and found out the questions are pretty straight forward but they ask me to bring "every document" issued by CIC. I'm not sure if this means every letter emailed and posted or jst the visitor records and work permit.

I'm assuming just the actual visitor records and work permit but a little paranoid I don't have every single letter.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kennystewart80 said:
Hey, does anybody here have experience of the landing interview? I've googled and found out the questions are pretty straight forward but they ask me to bring "every document" issued by CIC. I'm not sure if this means every letter emailed and posted or jst the visitor records and work permit.

I'm assuming just the actual visitor records and work permit but a little paranoid I don't have every single letter.
Hi

Yes, just your visitor records and work permit
You will only be asked a couple of questions.............. Is all the information on your CORP correct? Have you comitted any crimes in Canada ? And is there any dependants you haven't included on your application?
That't it. It's not really an interview.
I landed Feb. 14th. It took about 15 mins

Congrats !!