+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

cr2008

Oct 9, 2012
tow75 said:
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone on here has had a marriage interview after their file has been transferred before AIP. Me and my husband's file was transferred in August of this year before AIP. I just heard from my consultant yesterday that my husband has an interview with CIC on December 17th. We're really happy to get this news before the holidays, but we want to be really well prepared for the interview!

The only thing is that our consultant wants $1000 in fees before we can see the interview letter from CIC. I'll need a few weeks to pay this in full but she wants it by Tuesday. Can she prevent us from going to the interview?

Any help would be great :)
Call CIC and ask directly about the place and time of the interview. $1000 to let you see your letter???!!! Unbelievable!!!

Good luck!

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
tow75 said:
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone on here has had a marriage interview after their file has been transferred before AIP. Me and my husband's file was transferred in August of this year before AIP. I just heard from my consultant yesterday that my husband has an interview with CIC on December 17th. We're really happy to get this news before the holidays, but we want to be really well prepared for the interview!

The only thing is that our consultant wants $1000 in fees before we can see the interview letter from CIC. I'll need a few weeks to pay this in full but she wants it by Tuesday. Can she prevent us from going to the interview?

Any help would be great :)
just go to your ecas...change your mailing address to your home address for the sake of your future..and remove that consultant off your case, there is a form to do this...that consultant is obviously a some kind of thief...............someone plz tell me what a consultant or lawyer can do in sponsorship cases other than filling out the initial application?

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
According to our "contract", there is a final fee to the consultant of 750 without an interview, and 250 with...but this is supposed to happen after my husband gets his visa, not before AIP.....the actual consultant has a bunch of people working under him doing the forms, and the person handling our file is not the actual consultant. the consultant told my husband once that if we had to make a payment plan (e.g. pay in 2 or 3 parts) so I could do that. I'll call CIC on Monday morning and ask about it.

To be honest I wish we never had a consultant in the first place...right after we got married we were young and stupid and had a hard time with the forms (and the money ahah) But up until October we thought we had AIP because the consultant told us we did....we had to find it out we didn't by reading this forum and calling CIC ourselves. Apparently we have to bring the letter to the interview, and it probably says things that we need to bring and we need to get those ready. I'm sure we can prepare just fine on our own but I need the letter!!

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
tow75 said:
According to our "contract", there is a final fee to the consultant of 750 without an interview, and 250 with...but this is supposed to happen after my husband gets his visa, not before AIP.....the actual consultant has a bunch of people working under him doing the forms, and the person handling our file is not the actual consultant. the consultant told my husband once that if we had to make a payment plan (e.g. pay in 2 or 3 parts) so I could do that. I'll call CIC on Monday morning and ask about it.

To be honest I wish we never had a consultant in the first place...right after we got married we were young and stupid and had a hard time with the forms (and the money ahah) But up until October we thought we had AIP because the consultant told us we did....we had to find it out we didn't by reading this forum and calling CIC ourselves. Apparently we have to bring the letter to the interview, and it probably says things that we need to bring and we need to get those ready. I'm sure we can prepare just fine on our own but I need the letter!!
i am on a same boat with you! as the result of my dumbness i paid 1600 to this lawyer...my wife's aip letter was mailed to him he called and asked for another 2500 dollar to hand over the letter to us... i was told in the beginning by my wife's refugee case lawyer that we need a lawyer name to be added to the sponsorship case ! so he introduced us to his co-worker (also a lawyer) . i ended up soing every lines of that big a#* application by myself he only signed the Representative form for us....i sold my car to pay him since my wallet was already dry by the refugee/ appeal lawyers....

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Wow that sounds awful! I'm so sad that you had to go through that...the consultants are supposed to do what's in our best interest!!! There must be some kind of place where we could complain. I know our final payment is $1000 dollars, but I don't remember signing anything that said we had to pay it before we got AIP. I'm 22....how am I supposed to have all that extra money??

Anyways my husband already got a piece of paper that says what we're supposed to bring to the interview a while ago.

Arrghh I wish we did this without a consultant:(

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
I am still waiting for my PR. Nothing from CIC so far, I am starting to get worried :'( Hopefully will hear something from them soon.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Plz help me...
My (sponsor) Aip letter was delivered on october 2 but my wife letter was lost in mail delivery, so i requested another copy to be issued...the call center said that this will take 3 month

So my question is how would i know if there was any document may or may not been requested in that lost aip letter?
My wife ecas only indicates that medical received and pr is in process
We sent her rcmp police certifcate...my fear is that they ask for her iranian police certificate which we cant obtain due er refugee status in canada..
Plzz help

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Not only consultant seem a waste of money in many cases, but abuses need to be reported :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thank you so so much for that vinlander!!! Depending on what I'm told by CIC on Monday, and if the consultant decides to let us see the letter, I'll definitely be filing a complaint. Actually regardless I'll file a complaint anyways because the whole time we've had no idea what's going on with our application. When we got the letter to apply for a CSQ, we were told that we had first stage approval, and when our file was transferred we were told that it was the "finalization stage" of the ENTIRE PROCEDURE and my husband would be getting permanent residency, not AIP, after an interview. When I told the consultant's employee who handles our file how disappointed we were by being mislead, she got all offended and asked why we didn't trust her.

Why are people so greedy??? :-X

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vinlander said:
Not only consultant seem a waste of money in many cases, but abuses need to be reported :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp
Agreed. Bad attorneys and consultants need to be reported. One report may not do anything, but as they accumulate someone will notice.

+1

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
ConfusedOne said:
:p :p :p

Well guys !! Finally !! After 9 months after AIP we got DECISION MADE !!!!

We received AIP in February 29th 2012, and they requested police certificate from my husband's country, and we have one non-accompanying dependent so he had to go trough a medical exam and background checks too. They received all the information requested in June, and the overseas office finalized our kid's application back in July 4th. We order FOSS notes twice, and the bfd for both of them was Oct 25th. We waited and nothing happened. So we decided to contact our MP. We sent him an e-mail on Dec 3rd, got a reply back yesterday saying that we are on the final steps and immigration will contact us. This morning we checked our e-cas and it says DECISON MADE !!!

We sent you a letter on December 5, 2012 to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

So for all those people that are still waiting for a final decision and just needs that last kick I strongly suggest to contact your MP !!! This might make your IO to look at your file and make a decision.

I will keep u posted regarding the letter.. now we just need to wait for our landing date.... anyways still so happy !!!

Cheers...

Confused..
Congratulations! :) perfect Christmas gift!

happy holidays!

phoisgood

Jul 23, 2011
cililoca said:
I am still waiting for my PR. Nothing from CIC so far, I am starting to get worried :'( Hopefully will hear something from them soon.
Same... I had to send my police certificate in September and havent heard anything since then. Hang in there... Z_Z

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Hello everyone

I just called CIC and the agent FINALLY confirmed that my husbands medicals have been received and are awaiting final review from Ottawa. He couldnt confirm the date of receipt - just that it is under review. My husband completed medicals Nov 2nd. My question is this, he has his AIP and OWP, and from the information we received last time we called, the security clearances are done too, how long does it tipically take from this step to actually receive DM? Also for everyone landing in Calgary - once 2nd stage DM is received - how long does it take for calgary to schedule the landing? How long from DM before you received the landing letter from calgary and how long of wait was there between landing letter and actual interview? We are just trying to understand how long we have left....please share your stories!

Thank you so much!

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
curious_one said:
Hello everyone

I just called CIC and the agent FINALLY confirmed that my husbands medicals have been received and are awaiting final review from Ottawa. He couldnt confirm the date of receipt - just that it is under review. My husband completed medicals Nov 2nd. My question is this, he has his AIP and OWP, and from the information we received last time we called, the security clearances are done too, how long does it tipically take from this step to actually receive DM? Also for everyone landing in Calgary - once 2nd stage DM is received - how long does it take for calgary to schedule the landing? How long from DM before you received the landing letter from calgary and how long of wait was there between landing letter and actual interview? We are just trying to understand how long we have left....please share your stories!

Thank you so much!
Hi curious_one, my medical appeared on my ecas on 17th Nov and I am still waiting . how did you check if your husbands security clearances has been done? there are in fact quite a few people waiting for their second stage DM after their medicals .

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
nonoo said:
Hi curious_one, my medical appeared on my ecas on 17th Nov and I am still waiting . how did you check if your husbands security clearances has been done? there are in fact quite a few people waiting for their second stage DM after their medicals .
curious_one said:
Hello everyone

Thank you so much!
I am in the same boat as you both! Medicals showed up on Ecas in the second week of November and still nothing in regards to DM. I don't know if my security clearances were done - expecting to receive my FOSS notes any day now so I will post an update when they are received.

All the best!

CanED.