31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
nonoo said:
Congrats lyn, and thank you for sharing your landing experience with us. Would you mind telling when did you get your DM for second stage ?
thank you! i received an email from CIC for DM2 on October 13, then i think i received landing letter from montreal nov 23.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
I just answered in Inland 2012....I think I wrote in the wrong thread.....I think this is where I belong ::)

Hi guys. :)

I just found this forum today and I am super happy that I did.

I came to Canada in March 2011, to meet my man for the first time. We had got to known each other online and really fell in love....so we decided that I would joyn him here in Canada, to see if our love would grow as we met....and it did
Now we have been married for 18 month and we are so happy together. So one Swedish lady and one Canadian man became a very happy couple.
Our application is all sent in....with everything they wanted....and my husbands sponsorship application is complete....at least they say so. And I had to send my background once again and now they want a proof of my divorce from Sweden (I got divorced 1994)....and that should not be a problem to get. It wasnt enough if everything was stated on my so called Swedish bith certificat.....Canada wants a cetrificat of the divorce on a paper of its own.

It took me and my husband 6 month to gather all the papirwork together, for our application. And when we sent it in it was a thick as a novel lol And wow was that a stressful time. So so scary. And we have been and are still so scared of doing anything wrong, since we done it all by our selfs. So I wish we had known about this forum way back. We have had so many questions during this process....and so few to ask. But we have done as best as we can.
Medical done
Police papers is sent in
Family letters
photos
+ many many many many more things.

We never heard och knew anything about getting approved in different levels.....so we sent in everything in one big package. And its about 8 month ago we sent it all in....so we know they started our case in the beginning of Oct. Maybe we didnt know about getting approved in different levels, because we wont need a work permit for me....I am retired in Sweden, due to a panic attack disorder Iv had for 25 years....so I will have my income and retiredment from Sweden rest of my life.....even though I live in Canada now.

One thing that is all news to us is the part about fingerprints. Oh....I thought we went through ever word in every recomendation....but we must have missed that part. So Im guessing they will send yet another reminder for us to do.
Should we contact them and ask...or should we wait until they contact us about fingerprints?

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
I get so confused when I read how everyone has done and are doing these applications.

When we, my husband and I, did ours we sent in everything at once. Like a package. And we thought everyone had to do so?

We talked many tims with the agents to be sure we did the right thing. ANd they said that we had to send in everything at once. So we fullfilled the checklist....did the medical....sent in all the documents the checklist said....incl the police papers and eeeeeeverything.
Now when I read I get so confused.....when I see that many of you are getting asked to send in those documents in stage 2 (my husband and I never knew there was more then one stage, so that is news to us)
Have we done anything wrong now? Were we not supposed to send in everything at once? -worried-

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
lyn28 said:
hi everyone! finally landed! here's my experience,

my husband and I arrived at exactly 8 am, at the entrance, a guard asked our appointment letter, so I showed it then he lead us into the elevator. At the reception, they took my landing letter and asked if I paid already so I said yes, then told us to wait at the waiting area. After about 15 mins, an agent called my name and we followed her to a cubicle. Inside, the agent asked an identification id of my husband (the sponsor, he showed his health card), veryfied his name and everything, and then asked my husband if he is still willing to sponsor me, well obviously my husband said ofcourse. Then, I was asked to provide these documents: passport and my old passport where I had the stamp of my entry in canada, CSQ and the letters that was attached with it, all my immigration permits, the online receipt and my pictures. Basically, the agent just verified if all the infos are correct, and checked the details in the passport, then asked me if I have been convicted/charged of any offense, then if I have dependents/children outside canada (my answer to both was NO)... After that the agent took 1 picture and measure it, returned the other 1. when everything was in order, she handed me a booklet, and told me to read it, then left us for few minutes. When she returned she brought my COPR, there were 2 copies, she checked if all the infos in the Copr are correct and asked me to put initials on the 2 questions I was being asked, then asked me to sign and write the date. She handed me client's copy of COPR and said welcome to canada. Around 8:45, we're out of the building.

During the interview, the agent told me that I have to wait for 8 weeks for my PR card to arrive before i can apply for SIN, but i can renew my health card anytime (which i did right away, went to RAMQ and renewed it, i didn't pay anything since i was told that my current picture will be used for my new card).

Here's the sad part, I went to Service Canada in Jarry hoping that I can get a new SIN (like VINLANDER's wife) since the SIN i have started with 9 and is expired already. Unfortunately, the agent told me that I am missing a stamp on my passport and told me that he can't issue me a SIN unless I have that. He gave me CIC'c number and told me to call and ask. I didn't argue with the agent, since the agent from CIC told me to wait for the PR card, and that's the rule. i just thanked him and said bye :-( I guess I am just not lucky. I will try to go to Decarie next week just to check if Service Canada's systems are all the same.

This SIN rule "thing" drives me nuts. I just cant understand why we need to wait for the PR card, or have a stamp on our passport, etc...

Anyways, I am still happy and thankful that I am PR already. For those who are still waiting for their DM, goodluck, your time will come soon! Just pray and have more patience. God Bless every one and Thank you very much co-inlanders!
CONGRATSSSSS AND WELCOME TO CANADA AS PR!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
DaleandMonica said:
I get so confused when I read how everyone has done and are doing these applications.

When we, my husband and I, did ours we sent in everything at once. Like a package. And we thought everyone had to do so?

We talked many tims with the agents to be sure we did the right thing. ANd they said that we had to send in everything at once. So we fullfilled the checklist....did the medical....sent in all the documents the checklist said....incl the police papers and eeeeeeverything.
Now when I read I get so confused.....when I see that many of you are getting asked to send in those documents in stage 2 (my husband and I never knew there was more then one stage, so that is news to us)
Have we done anything wrong now? Were we not supposed to send in everything at once? -worried-
You did the right move..everything should be sent together...in some cases the marrige papers or the police certificates are not ready so people send them out after submitng the main application and mail the rest once it becomes ready to save times...medical records comes with an expiry so in many cases people have to re submit... Correct me if i am wrong ppl

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
DaleandMonica said:

The standard procedure is to send the whole package and I guess most people go this way. These documents covers both stages :sponsorship (AIP) and permanent residence for the applicant. What happens is some people prefer to wait for police or medical record that they are requested in case they expire if the process take longer than normal; that can however introduce more waiting time. In our case we sent the application in dec 2011 but did the medical at the end of march 2012 before they asked. CIC can also request some additional informations or documents later on in the process.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Okey. :) Thanks guys :)

We never found anything in the papers that they wanted fingerprints too though. I guess we just have to wait and see what they say and want. Not that fingerprints will be any problems.....but I dont want any more delays

Then I hope my medical wont be to old. I did my medical around 2 months or so before I sent the papers in. I didnt know it would take them this long to start the papers, after they were delivered. Oh I hope I dont have to do the medical again.....I just want this to be over with...its scary enough not having to go through that again :(
They started to look at our applications in the beginning of October....wouldnt they have said something if the medical was to old by now you think? -hoping-

My police record cant become to old can it? It was sent from the Swedish gouvernment.....and I havent been outside Canada since Sweden sent it to me....so Canada must see that I have been a good 48 year old girl since I came right?

Oh Im so looking forward to the day my husband and I can stop worrying.....I want this to be over NOW :'(

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
DaleandMonica said:
My police record cant become to old can it? It was sent from the Swedish gouvernment.....and I havent been outside Canada since Sweden sent it to me....so Canada must see that I have been a good 48 year old girl since I came right?

Oh Im so looking forward to the day my husband and I can stop worrying.....I want this to be over NOW :'(
AFAIK police records usually don't expire, but they must not be older than 3 months old when CIC receive the application. In our case it was close to 4 months old and we were not sure CIC would accept it but they did :)
Regarding finger prints, CIC might request them if needed but unless you have been in the country for a while or depending on other factors in many cases they are not requested.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
lyn28 said:
thank you! i received an email from CIC for DM2 on October 13, then i think i received landing letter from montreal nov 23.
Thanks lyn28, just one last question how did you manage to do the medical on the same day it requested?

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
vinlander said:
AFAIK police records usually don't expire, but they must not be older than 3 months old when CIC receive the application. In our case it was close to 4 months old and we were not sure CIC would accept it but they did :)
Regarding finger prints, CIC might request them if needed but unless you have been in the country for a while or depending on other factors in many cases they are not requested.
Thank you so very much for your answer. :)
I guess I just have to wait and see what they will deside to do....and ask for. Feels good that everything is sent in....even though they ask for a few more papers......but it feels like we are close now.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
hi every one i got aip in june 14th and i have not heard any thing yet so i submited my work permit on oct 20 and an agent told me on tue it has just been opened no ans on it as yet am so worriedd what can cic be doing that my dm is taking so long smh i can not beleave this

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vincystress said:
hi every one i got aip in june 14th and i have not heard any thing yet so i submited my work permit on oct 20 and an agent told me on tue it has just been opened no ans on it as yet am so worriedd what can cic be doing that my dm is taking so long smh i can not beleave this
In February I will be 8 months wow. I hope you get some Answers soon. After 8 months you can call CIC about it. Or have you requested ur electronic notes as computergeek suggests. I think I will order mine soon.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
wolanila said:
In February I will be 8 months wow. I hope you get some Answers soon. After 8 months you can call CIC about it. Or have you requested ur electronic notes as computergeek suggests. I think I will order mine soon.
i was thinking to do it in jan i dont even knaow were to start to get a foss note

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vincystress said:
i was thinking to do it in jan i dont even knaow were to start to get a foss note
Here is the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

Here is the form is the form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
labhouise said:
Hi Wolanila

Yes, check PR.
Location is Vegreville
And No, it won't effect your application.

Good Luck

Lab
I just have a few more questions for requesting electronic notes please. Do I have to write N/A in the parts that don't apply? And I also have to send a copy of the visa to prove I am currently in Canada correct? Should I request application status... will this reveal more info than ecas does? and do I still put my home address if I'm requesting response by email?