AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
kennystewart80 said:
Hey folks

I recieved my AIP and had to do a new medical as my first one had expired, does anybody have a rough idea of timescales from completing that to update on ECAS or what may happen next etc? I'm hoping they didnt wait for my medical to begin security screenin. I imagine they would though so I'm probably still a few months away from resolution.

I had my medical yesterday (28th Nov 2012)

Thanks
Kenny
Hi Kenny,

I did not include my medical when I applied in Jan 2012 incase it expired - I got AIP on Sept 18th and CIC requested the medical which I done on Sept 21st - on Nov 8th/11th the medicals showed up as received on Ecas - since then there has been no movement - I have called CIC but they told me nothing. I have ordered my FOSS notes just this week and once I receive these I will post an update!

Hopefully I can let you know whether CIC waited to do the security check until they received the meds but as this is my first set of notes - I am not sure what to expect!

BTW congrats on AIP. ;D

CanED

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
Aiman said:
Any June 2011 didn't get their DM yet. Please share your experience I am June 20,2011
am june 14 2011 still waiting i dont know y it is taking so long to do background cheack

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
CanED said:
Hi Kenny,

I did not include my medical when I applied in Jan 2012 incase it expired - I got AIP on Sept 18th and CIC requested the medical which I done on Sept 21st - on Nov 8th/11th the medicals showed up as received on Ecas - since then there has been no movement - I have called CIC but they told me nothing. I have ordered my FOSS notes just this week and once I receive these I will post an update!

Hopefully I can let you know whether CIC waited to do the security check until they received the meds but as this is my first set of notes - I am not sure what to expect!

BTW congrats on AIP. ;D

CanED
I'm in the same boat, submitted new meds after AIP, see my dates listed here. Someone did have some movement after they got their meds in, it seemed to take less than 2 months from receipt of the requested meds. So, I'm hoping any day in December. I'd be interested in your results CanEd.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
anticipation said:
I'm in the same boat, submitted new meds after AIP, see my dates listed here. Someone did have some movement after they got their meds in, it seemed to take less than 2 months from receipt of the requested meds. So, I'm hoping any day in December. I'd be interested in your results CanEd.
Hi Anticipation,

Will keep you posted - once I get my notes I should know more! Fingers crossed! Should have them within a month.

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Thanks CanEd and Anticipation :) I'll post any changes :)

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Aiman said:
Any June 2011 didn't get their DM yet. Please share your experience I am June 20,2011
My husbands application was May 31, 2011 - still no DM :(

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
LauraCanada said:
Hi ComputerGeek,

I am more or less in the same situation. My application was received in Sept 6th 2011, in July 18th 2012 CIC asked me for further evidence of my common-in-law relationship, which CIC received on August7th 2012. Since then, NOTHING. I called CIC last Monday and the agent asked me to re-send again the further evidence of my common-in-law relationship because CIC lost it, which I did and CIC received the new batch on November 23rd 2012.
I also received my FOSS notes on November 20th 2012 and waiting to receive them. My MP has just been elected last Monday - the position has been vacant for few months.

My plan is to make an appointment with my MP as soon as I receive FOSS notes. Do you think it's better for me to proceed this way or it might been better to hire a lawyer?

Just to add our case is simple: no previous marriages, no kids, no criminal records and my medicals have been received and I am totally healthy.

Thank a lot in advance.
Hi Laura,

Im so sorry to hear this is happening to you :( i understand your frusteration as they did the same thing to us except at the very beginning. They lost our entire application! Thank goodness i made copies of it before I sent it. Never the less, because the lost the application, and delayed everything by a few months, my husbands medicals expired and we had to redo them too! Not only did they waste our time, they wasted our money and thats something they wont give us back.

Anyway dear, stay strong but I would not wait for your notes, I would go speak to your new MP as soon as possible and get that process started. Our MP helped us!

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
curious_one said:
Hi Laura,

Im so sorry to hear this is happening to you :( i understand your frusteration as they did the same thing to us except at the very beginning. They lost our entire application! Thank goodness i made copies of it before I sent it. Never the less, because the lost the application, and delayed everything by a few months, my husbands medicals expired and we had to redo them too! Not only did they waste our time, they wasted our money and thats something they wont give us back.

Anyway dear, stay strong but I would not wait for your notes, I would go speak to your new MP as soon as possible and get that process started. Our MP helped us!
Awwww....thank you for your nice words! Really appreciated!

I thought to wait for FOSS notes so the MP will have a better idea of my application and also CIC received my new package last Friday so I was thinking to give them 2 weeks at least before someone decides to open my package. But I can try to contact him, it's not that during the day I am very busy looool sorry I gotta laugh about all this process otherwise I get depressed :)

Yeah, I gotta say after the 1st 3 days in which I was nervous like never before lol now I am pretty calm and positive, I know my day will come...it's only a f@cking matter of when lol

mamm

Oct 29, 2012
Hello folks,
I am in shock i just got an update on CAS

We received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 3, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on August 1, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on November 28, 2012 XXXXXXXXXX to Canada, XXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

is this just one or both stages?

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
mamm said:
Hello folks,

We received the requested information on August 1, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on November 28, 2012 XXXXXXXXXX to Canada, XXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Hi

When you first sign into Ecas does it say Decision Made

It looks to me as if you have both stages

Congrats :) :) :)

Lab

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mamm said:
Hello folks,

Are you the applicant or the sponsor?

DM for sponsor = "stage 1 approval" (AIP)
DM for applicant = "stage 2 approval"

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Re: Inland Application 2012

Wife just filed her application this week. It arrived at CPC Vegreville 2 days later. Waiting begins.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Migrain

I can add you to the attached spreadsheet if you like. Did you send OWP, medical or Police Clearance?

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
mamm said:
Hello folks,

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I hope you got both stages approved, but please let us know! Congrats anyway!!! :D

Hopeful2011

Nov 27, 2012
computergeek said:
Ask your MP to inquire about your file.

Order your case notes via the "access to information and privacy" office at CIC (search for "privacy" on the CIC website, it's the first several links that come up.) Since you are in Canada there is no charge for doing so. Were I in your shoes, I'd order them every 30 days.

Send a case-specific enquiry to CPC-V. You are now far beyond normal processing time.

Otherwise, you can always hire an attorney and go to Court - it is the one thing that absolutely causes CIC to kick into high gear. When you ask the Court for "Mandamus" (which means the Court orders CIC to make a decision in a fixed period of time) CIC's usual response is to complete your application rather than try to explain to a Federal Judge why they are taking so long.

Thank you, computergeek! Your help is greatly appreciated!