18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
lyn28 said:
health card you can apply with just your AIP letter, i got mine Nov 1, for driver's license i think you need to have both COPR and PR card. Getting driver's license is very complicated.
Hi lyn28, I got my drivers license even before applying for PR. there is absolutely no requirement for drivers license except for the test. I got mine on the first attempt.

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
HI, CanED, If you got any news abt ur case, pls let us know. since we got same situation.
I hope we can reach the final point be4 2012.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
DecisionMade said:
I landed yesterday at 1010 st antonie, montreal. Formality.. just did 2 initials and a signature..

I got chinese passport.. and i landed without been given a SIN at the interview..
Congrats !!

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
blue7120 said:
HI, CanED, If you got any news abt ur case, pls let us know. since we got same situation.
I hope we can reach the final point be4 2012.
Hi Blue7120,

Still nothing updated on my Ecas apart from "Medicals have been received"- fingers crossed that it is done soon too! but looking like it'll be 2013 for my celebration!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
DecisionMade said:
I landed yesterday at 1010 st antonie, montreal. Formality.. just did 2 initials and a signature..

I got chinese passport.. and i landed without been given a SIN at the interview..
Congrats, my wife landed today at 1010 St-Antoine, she is from Visa exempt country and could not get her SIN there neither...

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Ok first post as a PR (well my wife is the immigrant)
It is quite long and detailed but I wanted to share what was our day...
We are very happy of course, but we have gone through a lot today...
We went to 1010 St-Antoine 1 hour before our appointment time and were received by very polite and avenant security agent.
He asked for the time of our apppointment and he said well just come up with me upstairs you can even maybe pass earlier...
Upstairs at the reception desk, another very polite officer took our appointment letter (they kept it, so make a copy if you wanna have a copy later on not that it is really important).
Then we were invited to a waiting room with about 12 couples and maybe 2 or 3 single persons.
After only 15 min they already called us to a somehow private office with partition walls; not a counter like some people have experienced.
They asked us if we had already paid (which we had online) and then a young woman did our interview.
She basically asked for the letter of undertaking, CSQ and passport (we brought the whole file with all anyway).
My wife gave her the 2 pictures and we showed the receipt of payment.
As the sponsor I only had to show my ID (driving license was fine) and thats it, no question asked to me or a single paper to sign whatsoever.
As we expected my wife gave back her OWP (you need to give any OWP or temporary visa at this point).
Then my wife was asked the traditional have you any dependencies back in your country? have you commited any crime since in Canada? have you been out of Canada since last entry and it was it.
My wife signed and initialised her COPR (1 for them and one for us) and it was it : congratulations you are now a PR.
Now the funny part starts:
Then came the topic of SIN, she could not issue one immediately; we had to wait when we will receive the PR card which can take between 6 to 8 weeks and then go to a Service Canada Office she said.
Then I said: my wife is from Visa exempt country and what I learned lately, is that there is no more distinction between outland or inland application when it comes to visa exempt country for getting the SIN with just the COPR and no PR card yet. She then said she had no clue what I was talking about, it was her procedure they need to follow, that I could go to Service Canada and inquire.
I asked if the process was different at the other Immigration Office at 200 René Levesque to which she answered: it is not an immigration office it is just a Service canada Center...we are the only Immigration Office in Montreal :eek:
I would have bet some people on this very forum have landed there...I also add, she now is giving away her OWP on which her temp SIN is bound...she can't work now? or need to leave her job until she gets a new SIN in 2 months? She could not answer, but ok we were happy to land and we thanked her and left the building.
Then we headed to RAMQ office for getting a permanent health card because our was bound to the OWP which is now no good. She looked at our COPR paper asking if it was an original, because it is so poorly printed and the signatures are all in black ink, but of course it was an original so she proceeded and it was quite easy after; it took only 15 minutes overall the card will be sent early December.
We decided to go to 200 René Levesque (complexe Guy Favreau) where the main Service Canada office is, they should know about that SIN and COPR thing.
The lady at the desk welcomed us and we told her about the situation and she then looked at our COPR (again wondering if it was an original) and then my wife Passport: she then said, you landed this morning and you got your COPR but your passport is not stamped with your landing date...my face turned white I guess...SHe told we should have got a stamp and with that she could issue us an immediate SIN...but I was now more worried about a possible mistake by CIC Montreal...I recall many people having the passport stamped at the landing interview...but not my wife's.
We then went back to 1010 St-Antoine and told the agent at the entrance about our problem to which she answered: we are not stamping passport here, you need to go to Lacolle Border for instance ...I said what...? people are landing here everyday and you are not stamping passports...now I was very confused and puzzled. She then suggested I call CIC to know about what could be done...
Then I called on my cell phone CIC hoping to get an agent fast and then finally could get one.
Here is what he said: your wife landed INLAND so no stamp required they never asked for your passport before the interview right ? no I said, exactly so you need no stamping date in your passport because she is from visa exempt country and landed inland (was already in the country with a last entry date). You need to go back to Service Canada Office and tell them exactly that...they have to accept your COPR AS IS...
Finally I was so pissed we headed back home and decided to forget about Service Canada Guy Favreau and went to our local Service Canada Office¸just to see to what extent the circus would continue.
Believe it or not, they issued immediately her new SIN with only our COPR (the lady there also commented if it was an original because it is so poorly printed) and the landing stamp less passport.
Bottom line left hand doesn't know what the right is doing between services and offices but at least we could get everything done in the end.
Pay attention to the print quality of your COPR and ask for blue pen for signing...shop for your Service Canada Office for your SIN as the main one in Guy Favreau is clueless...
Now if people who landed at 200 René Levesque Guy Favreau can step in to share their landing experience at a non immigration office :p

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
nonoo said:
Hi lyn28, I got my drivers license even before applying for PR. there is absolutely no requirement for drivers license except for the test. I got mine on the first attempt.
YOu are lucky. I didn't try applying here in Montreal yet, I just read from SAAQ website that one of the requirements are COPR and PR card. I was planning to switch my Alberta class 7 learner's into class 5 learners here in Montreal. Thanks for your info :) I should have asked this long time ago. :)

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonoo said:
before your PR, you were a student or worker?

i went there with my visitor record.. and they said: NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO BE A PR/STUDENT/WORKER TO GET YOUR LICENSE..

Lyn28, make your appointment now for the new drivers license.. coz i made my appointment today, and i have to wait until Jan 11 to meet with them to get it. (when i went today, there was nobody waiting in line at the window that processes new drivers license. but they decided to make me wait until Jan 11 anyway). SO GUYS, MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT IN ADVANCE !!!!!

vinlander, when i got AIP, i went to RAMQ to get my sun card. (ps my 1st and 2nd stage are just 1 day apart). It took a lady about 1 hour to figure all things out for me. The result is that.. I went in Sep, counting the grace period of 60 days (not sure it was 60 or 80 any more), I will have my sun card on 1st of Dec, valid for 1 year. (coz my visitor record ends on 31st of Dec 2013. they gave it 1 year based on my visitor record's ending date.and that's the longest duration they can give). So that day, I got a confirmation letter, took a picture, paid the fees.
Today, when i went again. I thought I could have my card (or a temp card) right away, since 1st of Dec is just a few days apart.. and I'm done with my grace period already. BUT THEY SAID.. you'd better just wait for 1st Dec. If we update your file, and start a new request, you will have to wait another grace period. Plus, even then, you get the card based on this new request, the card will only be valid for 1 year as well... So, you'd better just stick with what you have and we will just update your status to PR...

so, after visiting SAAQ and RAMQ, i was like.. fuck that..

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lyn28 said:
YOu are lucky. I didn't try applying here in Montreal yet, I just read from SAAQ website that one of the requirements are COPR and PR card. I was planning to switch my Alberta class 7 learner's into class 5 learners here in Montreal. Thanks for your info :) I should have asked this long time ago. :)
Actually SAAQ is exchanging driving license for people coming from certain countries after 6 months provided they have a different status than visitor.
Unfortunately in process PR, AIP or implied status means nothing to SAAQ they need an official status other than visitor to issue a Quebec driving license; a work permit for instance.
As soon as my wife got her OWP her official status became temporary resident and that was sufficient for exchanging the driving license.
However she needed an appointment at the big SAAQ on Henri-Bourrassa and the fastest was 6 weeks waiting time.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
DecisionMade said:
before your PR, you were a student or worker?

i went there with my visitor record.. and they said: NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO BE A PR/STUDENT/WORKER TO GET YOUR LICENSE..

Lyn28, make your appointment now for the new drivers license.. coz i made my appointment today, and i have to wait until Jan 11 to meet with them to get it. (when i went today, there was nobody waiting in line at the window that processes new drivers license. but they decided to make me wait until Jan 11 anyway). SO GUYS, MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT IN ADVANCE !!!!!

vinlander, when i got AIP, i went to RAMQ to get my sun card. (ps my 1st and 2nd stage are just 1 day apart). It took a lady about 1 hour to figure all things out for me. The result is that.. I went in Sep, counting the grace period of 60 days (not sure it was 60 or 80 any more), I will have my sun card on 1st of Dec, valid for 1 year. (coz my visitor record ends on 31st of Dec 2013. they gave it 1 year based on my visitor record's ending date.and that's the longest duration they can give). So that day, I got a confirmation letter, took a picture, paid the fees.
Today, when i went again. I thought I could have my card (or a temp card) right away, since 1st of Dec is just a few days apart.. and I'm done with my grace period already. BUT THEY SAID.. you'd better just wait for 1st Dec. If we update your file, and start a new request, you will have to wait another grace period. Plus, even then, you get the card based on this new request, the card will only be valid for 1 year as well... So, you'd better just stick with what you have and we will just update your status to PR...

so, after visiting SAAQ and RAMQ, i was like.. *censored word* that..
Hi DecisionMade , I was neither working nor a student in fact I was on visitor status. all they asked was two pieces of ID's I gave my passport (I am not from visa exempt country) and my Dubai' drivers license and that too so that I didn't have to wait for a year to pass G2 . Which province are you from ? I am from ON.

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonoo said:
Hi DecisionMade , I was neither working nor a student in fact I was on visitor status. all they asked was two pieces of ID's I gave my passport (I am not from visa exempt country) and my Dubai' drivers license and that too so that I didn't have to wait for a year to pass G2 . Which province are you from ? I am from ON.
i'm in Quebec..

:p quebec people are complicated..

and you are lucky to have a "nice" agent..

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
DecisionMade said:

so, after visiting SAAQ and RAMQ, i was like.. *censored word* that..
I understand your frustration based on what you just described. In our case we had applied for the RAMQ card when my wife got her OWP back in sept and the card was supposed to be valid on dec 1st (after 60 days grace). All we did was going back there this noon just after landing to update my wife status and asking for this time a regular RAMQ card and she said we would get it in december no mention of another grace period...weird...but not surprising since there seems to be inconsistencies everywhere.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I was not dreaming : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t67267.0.html;msg1685026#msg1685026
The part about SIN is the best one...

Hopeful2011

Nov 27, 2012
Hi all. I am new here and in search of answers.

I am sponsoring my husband. They received our application Sept. 23, 2011. They requested additional information Dec. 2011 and we responded immediately. They requested information again in August 2012. We again responded immediately. We still have heard nothing about the initial sponsorship evaluation. When we called at the beginning of November they said to call back if we hadn't heard anything by the end of the month. We called today and they said that we should call if we haven heard anything by April of next year???

Anyone have words of advice, similar experiences?

We are trying to be patient, but as I am sure you all know, it gets harder with each passing day.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Hopeful2011 said:
Hi all. I am new here and in search of answers.

I am sponsoring my husband. They received our application Sept. 23, 2011. They requested additional information Dec. 2011 and we responded immediately. They requested information again in August 2012. We again responded immediately. We still have heard nothing about the initial sponsorship evaluation. When we called at the beginning of November they said to call back if we hadn't heard anything by the end of the month. We called today and they said that we should call if we haven heard anything by April of next year???

Anyone have words of advice, similar experiences?

We are trying to be patient, but as I am sure you all know, it gets harder with each passing day.
Ask your MP to inquire about your file.

Order your case notes via the "access to information and privacy" office at CIC (search for "privacy" on the CIC website, it's the first several links that come up.) Since you are in Canada there is no charge for doing so. Were I in your shoes, I'd order them every 30 days.

Send a case-specific enquiry to CPC-V. You are now far beyond normal processing time.

Otherwise, you can always hire an attorney and go to Court - it is the one thing that absolutely causes CIC to kick into high gear. When you ask the Court for "Mandamus" (which means the Court orders CIC to make a decision in a fixed period of time) CIC's usual response is to complete your application rather than try to explain to a Federal Judge why they are taking so long.