Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Congratulations frenchie57 !
Thank you for sharing your experience in such a detailed way, may I ask which office it was in Montreal, the one on St-Antoine ?

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
vinlander said:
Congratulations frenchie57 !
Thank you for sharing your experience in such a detailed way, may I ask which office it was in Montreal, the one on St-Antoine ?
It was in Calgary ;)

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
frenchie57 said:
It was in Calgary ;)
Oh my bad lol, I wrongly assumed you were from Quebec province, must have been the name, how could I miss your avatar :D

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Did you find a close parking spot?
frenchie57 said:
Hi there !

First comment as a Permanent Resident of Canada =) =) I'm so happy now !

Here's how it went:
my appointment was at 2pm. I got there at 1.15 (yes I know, it's very early, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be late =))
When I arrived, there was a huge line up (probably 50 people), but it turned out that these people were there for the citizenship ceremony. The agent took my letter and told me "you're too early, please comme back at 1.45".
I came back at 1.45 and she opened the doors for me. There were only 2 other couples and one lady on her own.
I was asked to go to the counter to pay. I had already paid 2.5 months ago but somehow it wasn't in their system. So I decided to pay again and I will claim my money back. I'd rather wait for money than for my PR =)
I then had to sit for a little bit and they started calling people. I was asked to go to a counter where a lady asked me to give her my passport and my husband's ID. We gave both our passport's and she realized that I was French and my husband was born in Romania. She was originally from Romania and spoke both French and Romanian, so we actually didn't even have the landing interview in English. She asked me questions in French and she asked my husband questions in Romanian. We both speak English but it was lovely =) =) She asked us both if we have committed any crime, been deported and if we have children outside Canada. We answered "no" to everything. We then had to sit and wait for a little bit again (probably 5 min). We were then called again. The woman asked me to give my picture. She took only one, she said she doesn't need 2 (not sure why they ask for 2 then). She then asked me to confirm the information that is on the COPR. She said that all that matters is that my names, date of birth and address are right. My husband's address (sponsor's address) was wrong. We had updated it online but they didn't change it. She said that it doesn't matter, all that matters is my address.
She made me sign the document (my copy + her document), she stamped my passport and the COPR and signed them and then congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident. She then explained my obligations as a PR and explained what I have to do to apply for citizenship.
It took 25 min in total and it was great =)

After that, I went to Service Canada, where I was able to get my permanent SIN.
If you are from a visa exempt country, you *CAN* get your permanent SIN the same day. The people at CIC do not always know this.

SO now I am a permanent resident and my SIN starts with a 6 =) =)
I'm super happy !!!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
frenchie57 said:
Do they give it no matter what ? even if you're not from a visa exempt country ?
that's nice =) =)
it would make sense. it should be the same in all provinces
hey first congratulations!!!! on your PR!! :D
I'm not from a visa exempt country and I still got my permanent sin # the same day, however I've been here for a long time and had a work permit previously so i'm not sure if its because of that or any other reason... ::)

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
vinlander said:
Oh my bad lol, I wrongly assumed you were from Quebec province, must have been the name, how could I miss your avatar :D
ahaha ;)
The name is because I'm from France =) =)
but I guess it gets confusing in Canada =P

nik-nik

Nov 15, 2012
Guys do u think that when u are requesting CAIPS notes it destracts immirtation officer from processing ur file or it doesn't?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nik-nik said:
Guys do u think that when u are requesting CAIPS notes it destracts immirtation officer from processing ur file or it doesn't?
Only if you ask for a physical copy. Electronic notes are pulled and processed in Ottawa without involving the VO.

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed yesterday at 1010 st antonie, montreal. Formality.. just did 2 initials and a signature..

I got chinese passport.. and i landed without been given a SIN at the interview..

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
DecisionMade said:
I landed yesterday at 1010 st antonie, montreal. Formality.. just did 2 initials and a signature..

I got chinese passport.. and i landed without been given a SIN at the interview..
Congratulations DecisionMade!

The end of the journey!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DecisionMade said:

Congrats!!!! Welcome to Canada as a new PR

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanED said:
Congratulations DecisionMade!

The end of the journey!

Thanks you guys..

well.. for me, i don't feel it's the end. :-X

like today, i tried to get medical card and drivers' license..but i came home empty-handed. too many mixed and twisted regulations.. things could've been so simple, and they made it so complex.. no wonder why they got sky-high government spending !!!

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
DecisionMade said:
Thanks you guys..

well.. for me, i don't feel it's the end. :-X

like today, i tried to get medical card and drivers' license..but i came home empty-handed. too many mixed and twisted regulations.. things could've been so simple, and they made it so complex.. no wonder why they got sky-high government spending !!!
health card you can apply with just your AIP letter, i got mine Nov 1, for driver's license i think you need to have both COPR and PR card. Getting driver's license is very complicated.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyn28 said:
health card you can apply with just your AIP letter, i got mine Nov 1, for driver's license i think you need to have both COPR and PR card. Getting driver's license is very complicated.
In sad all u need is AIP for drivers license. We tried to get it before AIP but could not give them two peices of gov ID.