Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
computergeek said:
Parental leave is an EI benefit, administered by Service Canada, so you can be anywhere in Canada to collect it.

Just make sure you advise CPC-V of your change of residence ASAP, since that will impact your landing office - the last thing you want is to have to wait six extra months while the old office transfers it back to CPC-V so they can transfer it to a new office. Also, I'd suggest paying Canada Post for the forwarding. Just in case.
Thanks Computergeek,

Such a wealth of knowledge. Do you work for immigration or something??? LOL!!! :D

I am hoping that I will have gone through landing by the time the move comes around, but how would you ever know?

On the parental EI - I have heard that I would be eligible, but there was a "BIG IF" if I was not returning to work with the same employer. So it is a little confusing - like if I hand in my notice to my current employer before taking the EI, would I be ineligible?

Thanks for your input;

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanED said:
Thanks Computergeek,

Such a wealth of knowledge. Do you work for immigration or something??? LOL!!! :D

I am hoping that I will have gone through landing by the time the move comes around, but how would you ever know?

On the parental EI - I have heard that I would be eligible, but there was a "BIG IF" if I was not returning to work with the same employer. So it is a little confusing - like if I hand in my notice to my current employer before taking the EI, would I be ineligible?
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that there is a whole section on the Service Canada website about moving while you are collecting EI. In the end, you'll need to really scour the Service Canada website to learn what the exact rules are - obviously you don't want to screw this up, as that would be an expensive mistake.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
you mean your file transferred to your local office for landing? if that's the case you just have to wait for them to contact you and set up a date regarding your landing. you can only call the main call center for information regarding your file.
Not sure if its landing yet. I got AIP in september.The AIP requested that I send police certificates and medicals.Then my ecas updated to medical received. I got a letter after this update stating that my file was transferred to the local office for further processing and that they may contact me for an interview or further information........is this landing?.....If not I wanted to know what they require. According to computer geek they can still ask for an interview to determine legitimacy of the relationship. From what I gather though is that ive seen no one on any online canada immigration forum who gets a relationship interview after AIP is issued and ecas says medical results have been received......is there no way of contacting the local montreal office to see what they need?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Zion786 said:
Not sure if its landing yet. I got AIP in september.The AIP requested that I send police certificates and medicals.Then my ecas updated to medical received. I got a letter after this update stating that my file was transferred to the local office for further processing and that they may contact me for an interview or further information........is this landing?.....If not I wanted to know what they require. According to computer geek they can still ask for an interview to determine legitimacy of the relationship. From what I gather though is that ive seen no one on any online canada immigration forum who gets a relationship interview after AIP is issued and ecas says medical results have been received......is there no way of contacting the local montreal office to see what they need?
it doesn't sound like it'll be a landing interview, because usually when they send you a letter it goes something like that --> "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your PR application is complete the final decision will be made........."
the only way you can contact them is through the main call center to set up an appointment, but they will contact you anyway. computergeek is correct sometimes they will ask for extra information, i've seen couple of people had a quick interview after AIP. but if everything in your application is correct you shouldn't worry yourself, one of the people who had an "interview" said it was few min just to verify some information and the other person had missing information on his app that's why they needed an interview. did you send the police cert in the time bracket that they gave you?
when the local office contacts you they will tell you what the interview is for, so just wait for them to contact you. if you want to know what goes on with your file you can also request foss notes.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hey Guys,
CIC finally got my medicals, does anyone have any idea of how long does it take on an average for stage 2 DM once the medicals have been received by CIC?

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
nonoo said:
Hey Guys,
CIC finally got my medicals, does anyone have any idea of how long does it take on an average for stage 2 DM once the medicals have been received by CIC?
i waited for almost 1.5 mos for the DM2, I sent my medical aug 31, got DM2 Oct 12, now still waiting for local office to contact me.

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
computergeek said:
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that there is a whole section on the Service Canada website about moving while you are collecting EI. In the end, you'll need to really scour the Service Canada website to learn what the exact rules are - obviously you don't want to screw this up, as that would be an expensive mistake.
computergeek,

How are you? After 5 months waiting time, I have received a letter from immigration dated 31st October, 2012 saying that a copy of my passport I sent is missing a bio data page, and advising me to submit an copy of my passport that has a bio data page within 60 days. How did I do a such mistake? What do you think about my situation? I sent an other copy the following day, Now Iam still waiting the second stage approval. How long will this take to get a DM?

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
lyn28 said:
i waited for almost 1.5 mos for the DM2, I sent my medical aug 31, got DM2 Oct 12, now still waiting for local office to contact me.
Oh that's too bad :( I was hoping to get done with this excruciating process before vacations but seems like there is no chance :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ericc said:
computergeek,

How are you? After 5 months waiting time, I have received a letter from immigration dated 31st October, 2012 saying that a copy of my passport I sent is missing a bio data page, and advising me to submit an copy of my passport that has a bio data page within 60 days. How did I do a such mistake? What do you think about my situation? I sent an other copy the following day, Now Iam still waiting the second stage approval. How long will this take to get a DM?
That seems rather odd, doesn't it, since I assume you sent in a copy of your bio page with your original application. It's also possible they lost the page in their own internal process, or it's somewhere else in your file and the VO didn't see it. But you did exactly the right thing - you sent them another copy of it.

Sadly, nobody really can tell you how long, but were I to guess, I'd say that they'll take 6-8 weeks before they look at your file again, at which point if that's all they needed, they should make the decision.

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
hatrang said:
Just let you guys know, today I received the letter from Scarborough office for landing interview on Nov 26, the letter was dated Oct 5. Finally, the letter came after 1 month and 11 days apart from my AIP and DM date. Thank you very much for your all supports during the waiting time. Best luck to all of you!

P/S: if anything I can help or suggest, please feel free to write me a personal message. ;)

congrats hatrang!! finally!!
cant wait for my turn :)

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
computergeek said:
That seems rather odd, doesn't it, since I assume you sent in a copy of your bio page with your original application. It's also possible they lost the page in their own internal process, or it's somewhere else in your file and the VO didn't see it. But you did exactly the right thing - you sent them another copy of it.

Sadly, nobody really can tell you how long, but were I to guess, I'd say that they'll take 6-8 weeks before they look at your file again, at which point if that's all they needed, they should make the decision.
Wait and see , I will keep you informed.
Thanks alot

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
lyn28 said:
Hi Lyn28,

Was August 31 the date that "Medical results have been received" was displayed on your Ecas? I done my meds on Sept 21 and they have shown up on Ecas on Novemebr 8th/11th. Still waiting for DM2.

Thanks,

CanED.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
Ok, just off the phone with CIC and they asked me to re-send the further evidence of my common-in-law relationship I sent in August, because they might have lost it or put it in the wrong batch...no comments.... :( :( :(

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
Ok, just off the phone with CIC and they asked me to re-send the further evidence of my common-in-law relationship I sent in August, because they might have lost it or put it in the wrong batch...no comments.... :( :( :(
So sorry to hear that Laura :( :( :(