Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
DecisionMade said:
look at my timeline... it's been 10 weeks.

well.. i don't even call them anymore.. they just tell you to chill anyway
Hi Decision Made is it your process in Etobicoke? My process is there since Oct 9. Thats what the call center agent told me yesterday! But my status on cic web site changed Oct 5 to decision made, the agent said it could take 8 weeks if in Dec 9 I'm still waiting for the letter I should call then again!!

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cangaceiro said:
Hi Decision Made is it your process in Etobicoke? My process is there since Oct 9. Thats what the call center agent told me yesterday! But my status on cic web site changed Oct 5 to decision made, the agent said it could take 8 weeks if in Dec 9 I'm still waiting for the letter I should call then again!!

:) Hey, my file was sent to Vegreville. When I got the DM letter, it said that my file would be transferred to Montreal. But apparently, they haven't got there yet..

When I first noticed that it's been longer than usual and I haven't been contacted by Montreal. I called and they said the same thing to me.. 8 weeks 8 weeks. but then, when it's 8 weeks, my file is still not in Montreal. They then said that for now, they can't do anything. i just have to wait longer.

On the other hand, when I contacted the PM for help. His office found out that I'm actually visa ready in Vegreville. But Veg is waiting for my payment of ROPR fee to show up in the system. And it could take up to 60 days for it to show in the system. I'm everything ready, except the fee. And that's the reason papers haven't been released. (in the mean time, the call center people told me they wouldn't hold papers up just because they don't see my payment yet. ) So, the PM office ask me to wait until full 60 days, then, they will see what they can do.

Well... that's a long answer for your question.. but anyway, let's chill...

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
DecisionMade said:
:) Hey, my file was sent to Vegreville. When I got the DM letter, it said that my file would be transferred to Montreal. But apparently, they haven't got there yet..

When I first noticed that it's been longer than usual and I haven't been contacted by Montreal. I called and they said the same thing to me.. 8 weeks 8 weeks. but then, when it's 8 weeks, my file is still not in Montreal. They then said that for now, they can't do anything. i just have to wait longer.

On the other hand, when I contacted the PM for help. His office found out that I'm actually visa ready in Vegreville. But Veg is waiting for my payment of ROPR fee to show up in the system. And it could take up to 60 days for it to show in the system. I'm everything ready, except the fee. And that's the reason papers haven't been released. (in the mean time, the call center people told me they wouldn't hold papers up just because they don't see my payment yet. ) So, the PM office ask me to wait until full 60 days, then, they will see what they can do.

Well... that's a long answer for your question.. but anyway, let's chill...
I read at some point on these forums it was highly suggested to pay fees as soon as possible to avoid delay in landing, I paid online as soon as we got DM, however I am not sure it will really affect anything!
I would be interested to know who on these forum has landed in Montreal since qw123 and Light Rays did back in August?

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinlander said:
I read at some point on these forums it was highly suggested to pay fees as soon as possible to avoid delay in landing, I paid online as soon as we got DM, however I am not sure it will really affect anything!
I would be interested to know who on these forum has landed in Montreal since qw123 and Missha did back in August?
That's the thing.. When I got the DM letter, I called right away and the agent told me that I will get further instruction by mail from Montreal shortly. I specifically asked about the fee of ROPR. He told me I can pay it when I go to Montreal for my interview. :'(but i never got any notice for interview..

Sep 9, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hey Monkeypoohbear
when you do your medical exam usually they give you a copy and they send a copy to CIC, and yes you should send that proof to CIC. the address you have is correct as far as I know that's where I sent my requested info too.

good luck!
Thanks!
Another question! Do I have to fast before the blood work?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
MonkeyPoohBear said:
Thanks!
It was not necessary when we went for the exam in March

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
Hey Kitcherer
Best of luck for your landing interview on friday :) :)
No news here. Still waiting.
Hey, Lab

thank you so much! I can't believe only two more days to go!
i'm sincerely hoping you hear something very soon! honestly I would enjoy my landing date more if I knew you heard something positive too.
does your PR section of E-cas still say "DM" when you click on it?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
DecisionMade said:
That's the thing.. When I got the DM letter, I called right away and the agent told me that I will get further instruction by mail from Montreal shortly. I specifically asked about the fee of ROPR. He told me I can pay it when I go to Montreal for my interview. :'(but i never got any notice for interview..

you are referring to the landing fee correct? that's weird because I only paid the $550 application fee at the beginning when I applied. I never paid the $490 landing fee and my landing interview is in two days and they told me to just pay it at the landing interview, I'm not sure why they told you that you have to pay the fee before you get the landing interview ??? ??? I'm sure many people on this forum have paid at their interview landing.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
MonkeyPoohBear said:
Thanks!

Hey MonkeyPoohBear

as Vin stated no you don't have to fast for the blood work.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hey guys,
A quick question, I have spent the fortune in delivering my baby without OHIP, I was just wondering if there’s any way I can get reimburse of those expenses once I get my OHIP?
I would really appreciate if Computergeek or anyone could share their thoughts on this?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nonoo said:
A quick question, I have spent the fortune in delivering my baby without OHIP, I was just wondering if there's any way I can get reimburse of those expenses once I get my OHIP?
I would really appreciate if Computergeek or anyone could share their thoughts on this?
I'm not sure how Ontario works, but here in BC they will reimburse you for their listed reimbursement rate for periods where coverage has been applied retroactively. The problem with this is that the reimbursement rate is often less than the rate you are charged. You'll have to check with the OHIP folks to see if they will reimburse you and if so how much. Of course, if the coverage isn't retroactive, they won't reimburse you for anything.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
computergeek said:
I'm not sure how Ontario works, but here in BC they will reimburse you for their listed reimbursement rate for periods where coverage has been applied retroactively. The problem with this is that the reimbursement rate is often less than the rate you are charged. You'll have to check with the OHIP folks to see if they will reimburse you and if so how much. Of course, if the coverage isn't retroactive, they won't reimburse you for anything.
Thank you so much computergeek , I ll give em a shout probably by today or tomorrow to see what’s their take on that.

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kitchener_inland said:
you are referring to the landing fee correct? that's weird because I only paid the $550 application fee at the beginning when I applied. I never paid the $490 landing fee and my landing interview is in two days and they told me to just pay it at the landing interview, I'm not sure why they told you that you have to pay the fee before you get the landing interview ??? ??? I'm sure many people on this forum have paid at their interview landing.
Yes, it's the ROPR fee.

I was wondering how people paid that fee if they were waived from the interview.. is there any case that they just shoot you all the paper without you meeting with anyone?