12-09-2011
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-0212
LANDED..........
19-11-2012
Hi! Thank you all for the encouragement here is my timeline:
I applied on July 29, 2011 and the application was received on August 2, 2011.
They started processing the sponsorship application on September 12, 2011 and a letter was sent on June 19, 2012.
They started processing the permanent residence application on June 19, 2012 and I received both the AIP and OWP letter on June 25, 2012.
I did my medical on the July 18, 2012 and I just saw a recent update on e-CAS saying that they have received my medical results.
I received my OWP on September 6, 2012.
I checked eCAS on October 16 and saw the update about the office will be contacting me.
I received a letter today October 17 saying that my application has been completed. "The Canada Immigration Center in Edmonton will contact you concerting your permanent resident status."

Is this the landing letter? If so, what are the questions they ask you when you land?
So my question is the letter hasn't really say whether I have the status or not, what is the determine factor?

Good luck to everyone who still waiting!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
pcheng said:
Hi! Thank you all for the encouragement here is my timeline:
I applied on July 29, 2011 and the application was received on August 2, 2011.
They started processing the sponsorship application on September 12, 2011 and a letter was sent on June 19, 2012.
They started processing the permanent residence application on June 19, 2012 and I received both the AIP and OWP letter on June 25, 2012.
I did my medical on the July 18, 2012 and I just saw a recent update on e-CAS saying that they have received my medical results.
I received my OWP on September 6, 2012.
I checked eCAS on October 16 and saw the update about the office will be contacting me.
I received a letter today October 17 saying that my application has been completed. "The Canada Immigration Center in Edmonton will contact you concerting your permanent resident status."

Is this the landing letter? If so, what are the questions they ask you when you land?
So my question is the letter hasn't really say whether I have the status or not, what is the determine factor?

Good luck to everyone who still waiting!
Congratulations that is 2nd stage letter.
You are like me now waiting for your local office letter for your landing date. :)

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
HI GUYS.I REALLY NEED HELP.IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.I GOT MY AIP ON SEP 8TH.THE LETTER SAID IM ELIGIABLE TO BE SPONSORED AND THAT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PROCESS OF THE APPLICATION I NEED TO DO MY MEDICALS AND SEND CIC A POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM MY COUNTRY. I APPLIED FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP. I SENT ALL THESE DOCUMENTS. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN I GET A LETTER THAT SAYS MY FILE HAS BEEN TRANSFERED TO THE LOCAL OFFICE IN MONTREAL. IT SAYS THEY MIGHT CONTACT ME FOR AN INTERVIEW OR TO SEEK ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR CLARIFICATION.......WHAT THE HELL....I THOUGHT STAGE ONE WAS DONE......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON.......HELP PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
pcheng said:
I just got my letter today saying that my application is completed! So happy!
Congrats :)

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Zion786 said:
HI GUYS.I REALLY NEED HELP.IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.I GOT MY AIP ON SEP 8TH.THE LETTER SAID IM ELIGIABLE TO BE SPONSORED AND THAT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PROCESS OF THE APPLICATION I NEED TO DO MY MEDICALS AND SEND CIC A POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM MY COUNTRY. I APPLIED FOR INLAND SPONSORSHIP. I SENT ALL THESE DOCUMENTS. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN I GET A LETTER THAT SAYS MY FILE HAS BEEN TRANSFERED TO THE LOCAL OFFICE IN MONTREAL. IT SAYS THEY MIGHT CONTACT ME FOR AN INTERVIEW OR TO SEEK ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR CLARIFICATION.......WHAT THE HELL....I THOUGHT STAGE ONE WAS DONE......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON.......HELP PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It might not be for stage 1 (AIP) since you got it already, but clarification before granting stage 2. They asked for documents pertaining to stage 2: medical, police check and maybe based on your background they have some question or need additionnal informations that a local office is better able to provide.
Thing is we are use to stage 2 being almost a formalty lately for many people, but this stage is the one dealing with the applicant himself while AIP is just about the sponsorship: sponsor eligibility and genuiness of the relationship.
It can be that some cases require more scrutiny at this step, nothing to really panic with in my opinion.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Zion786 said:
Get your medical re-done. I had to do that too because mine expired. Get your police certificate re-done, as soon as you can. Then worry about the interview if they ask for one. vinlander is right, this can be a normal part of the stage 2 process. In the mean time apply for your work permit or a study permit and just keep going. Life was much more difficult before stage 1 approval. Remember?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Zion786 said:
Hey don't worry I got tr samething they asked me to send them police clearance again and my case is transferred to the local office. It's quite common. Keep praying

Naz

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vincystress said:
We transferred your application to the Etobicoke office on January 10, 2012. The Etobicoke office may contact you.
IP 8 "Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class" says:

The CPC-V should refer cases to a CIC where an interview is warranted or where serious criminality is involved.
And then later it says:

5.36. Review by local CIC
The local office of the CIC may need to interview the applicant and/or the sponsor to assess concerns raised by the CPC, including:

• the need to confirm identity and relationship;

• the authenticity of the relationship;

• possible misrepresentation, including misrepresentation in obtaining temporary resident status (note that this is not waived under the spousal policy).

• violation of the legislation or conditions of temporary residence; and

• inadmissibility for reasons of serious criminality or security.

The CIC should ask the applicant to bring any necessary documents to the interview. The officer should focus on the questions needed to reach a decision on the particular concern.
If a relationship of convenience is suspected, the officer should interview the applicant and the sponsor separately.
So, if the local office shipped it back, it's because they decided there were no issues justifying their involvement. That's actually a good thing.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
nazam80 said:
Hey don't worry I got tr samething they asked me to send them police clearance again and my case is transferred to the local office. It's quite common. Keep praying

Naz
. Hi and thanking for ur reply. HEres the thing. Ur file was transferred to the local office before receiving aip. I've already received my Aip.....why the transfer now . People saying that it could be A security concern may be right but I've submitted my police certificate from my country and have also submitted my RCMP fingerprints ...... It just seems peculiar never heard anyone on this forum with this situation

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Zion786 said:
. Hi and thanking for ur reply. HEres the thing. Ur file was transferred to the local office before receiving aip. I've already received my Aip.....why the transfer now . People saying that it could be A security concern may be right but I've submitted my police certificate from my country and have also submitted my RCMP fingerprints ...... It just seems peculiar never heard anyone on this forum with this situation
Like others said, it's most likely a security concern. From what I gathered from your previous posts, you're a failed refugee with a previous conditional discharge. Although a conditional discharge is not a conviction, it still stays in the system for 3 years so that may be what is causing additional scrutiny depending on when this discharge occurred.

It might take longer in your case, but I'm sure that you'll be fine. Anyway, good luck!

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone here got Decision Made in Aug, but haven't landed yet?

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deezy said:
Yup! Got DM via Ecas in August and I've not heard from them since!
Well.. my case is like.. local office is waiting for my file, but vegreville never transferred it. They supposed to transfer it once they sent me the letter of DM !!!!!

I guess I just have to wait until vegreville transfer my file to local office..

you should get the call center agent to send a msg to your local office, asking if they received your file yet. otherwise, we will be just waiting while our files are sitting in a corner somewhere..