+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

deezy

Apr 23, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
does it say "DM" Under Permanent Resident application? and how long has it been saying "DM" under permanent resident? assuming this is under Applicant's e-cas it should mean your 2nd stage is done and you should get a response confirming it either by mail or email sonn.
my e-case said same thing and I got a letter few days letter confirming the completion of my 2nd stage even though when called CIC they said its only stage 1 the day before the letter which they were incorrect!
typically it shouldn't take more than two weeks for you guys to get a confirmation letter but its hard to know 100% by the way things are done in CIC.
good luck !I hope you and Lab hear something soon!
Yes it does same DM under Perm. Res. I have been waiting since it changed on Ecas(17th August) but NO letter or email! Really Odd! I guess we just have to continue with the waiting game.

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deezy said:
Yes it does same DM under Perm. Res. I have been waiting since it changed on Ecas(17th August) but NO letter or email! Really Odd! I guess we just have to continue with the waiting game.
SAME HERE !!!! I GOT IT 2 DAYS BEFORE YOU !!!! AND IM STILL WAITING...

i asked for help from the MP. and his team found out that i'm actually approved and visa ready. they are just waiting my payment of ROPR fee to appear in the system, which would take up to 60 days.. then, i will get all the paper.. (i paid in the middle of Sep, coz i thought i could have paid it during an interview or something. but then, i never got interview notice.. so finally i paid it a month after.) so, for me, it will prob be up to the middle of Nov.

hope those info helps.

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
Good day, everybody!

I am not a 2011 applicant but I though I should get advice from somebody who have gone through the same process.

I have sent my application on 11th July 2012 and I have not yet received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). All I have is an application fee receipt. In the meantime, I want to send some documents but how do I do this if I don't have the AOR yet? Should I wait for the AOR to arrive first?Please reply if you send supporting documents after you have sent an application package. Thanks in advance for any help.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi computergeek.

Just a quick follow-up question about your previous reply to my inquiry on Withdrawal of OWP application. You said I need to make a brief letter stating that I want to withdraw my OWP application and indicate my name, client number, contact info, etc.

My question is : Do you think I need to give them a reason on why I'm withdrawing my OWP application? Should I explain to them that I already landed as PR and I dont OWP anymore? Thanks.

johanna

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
johanna125 said:
Hi computergeek.

Just a quick follow-up question about your previous reply to my inquiry on Withdrawal of OWP application. You said I need to make a brief letter stating that I want to withdraw my OWP application and indicate my name, client number, contact info, etc.

My question is : Do you think I need to give them a reason on why I'm withdrawing my OWP application? Should I explain to them that I already landed as PR and I dont OWP anymore? Thanks.

johanna
You don't need any reason to withdraw an application. When someone updates the computer records, they will see that you landed and know why anyway. That's the point of having a UCI - all your applications appear under that one UCI.

So just say you wish to withdraw and you're fine. Explain why you wish to withdraw and your fine. You're in a win-win situation here. :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
You don't need any reason to withdraw an application. When someone updates the computer records, they will see that you landed and know why anyway. That's the point of having a UCI - all your applications appear under that one UCI.

So just say you wish to withdraw and you're fine. Explain why you wish to withdraw and your fine. You're in a win-win situation here. :)
thanks computergeek :)

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Elpit said:
Good day, everybody!

I am not a 2011 applicant but I though I should get advice from somebody who have gone through the same process.

I have sent my application on 11th July 2012 and I have not yet received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). All I have is an application fee receipt. In the meantime, I want to send some documents but how do I do this if I don't have the AOR yet? Should I wait for the AOR to arrive first?Please reply if you send supporting documents after you have sent an application package. Thanks in advance for any help.
Definitely wait until you receive your AOR and get your application number and unique client number for the sponsor. Otherwise your new paperwork could easily get misplaced. It does take a while for the AOR to get issued, but things are speeding up for 2012 applications so don't lose hope. Did you track the application through the postal service to confirm that they received it? If you know they received it, then it is just a matter of time.

You are always welcome here, but the guys over at Inland 2012 can probably give you a better idea of the wait for AOR, because things have really started changing since August.

Anticipation.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
anticipation said:
You are always welcome here, but the guys over at Inland 2012 can probably give you a better idea of the wait for AOR, because things have really started changing since August.
That's definitely an understatement - people from mid-April are now getting AIP. It's like someone turned on the afterburners at CPC-V as they are blazing through their backlog.

KUKULICKA

Oct 10, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th July 2012
Med's Done....
27th June 2012
uh really it takes so long to see your payment for right of permanent residence fee????
we just paid the application fee...
so what you suggest me to pay it before i get my AOP? or I should wait for it first?
60 days waiting to see the payment in system??? nonsense :eek:

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a SIN after you applied? Let's say I apply on Oct 15 after the landing interview, how many days will I need to wait before I receive it thru mail? Never had a SIN before--this is my first time to get one.

Thanks.

johanna

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
KUKULICKA said:
uh really it takes so long to see your payment for right of permanent residence fee????
we just paid the application fee...
so what you suggest me to pay it before i get my AOP? or I should wait for it first?
60 days waiting to see the payment in system??? nonsense :eek:
Actually, RPRF can happen quickly - I saw someone who paid it and two weeks later had PPR. So it seems to depend upon the VO.

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Johanna

Depends where your landing office is? In Ontario usually they will issue you one right after landing which you can use it right away, however the actual Sin card comes after 2 weeks in mail. Any where else especially in BC you have to wait till you get your PR card and then apply in any service Canada office near your area.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi all! just when i thought i needed to wait for 2 more months, but I checked my ecas, it says medical has been received and at around 4:30pm today i got this email from cic:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490. Fees can be in the form of a certified cheque,
money order, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or online at www.cic.gc.ca. If paid online,
you must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Montreal when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document...

I believe this is DM for stage 2! so happy! i hope everyone in this forum will share their good news soon!

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
johanna125 said:
Hi. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a SIN after you applied? Let's say I apply on Oct 15 after the landing interview, how many days will I need to wait before I receive it thru mail? Never had a SIN before--this is my first time to get one.

Thanks.

johanna
But you know you don't really need the card. I walked into Service Canada with my work permit and they gave me a print out of my temporary SIN and that was all I needed. The same will be true for your permanent number. In fact, they tell you NOT to carry the card in your wallet. Memorized it and leave it securely at home. So believe it or not it will take you approximately 5 minutes to get and use your SIN. The speed could make you faint. Anticipation