+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
darcycook said:
hey guys

just a quick question as i am engaged and plan to get married in febuary to my girl in Guatemala city then bring her back here to canada so we can start the PR from Inland. We have been together for over a year now.

She has visited calgary once now just recentely and had no issues (on her tourist visa) before that we had 2 other trips in Florida and in her home country

Does anyone see a issue at the border when i bring her back a second time? I assume we should tell the truth to the border officer and say were married and doing this correct?

Finally, is it true that once we start the process for PR she can stay until we get a answer? I know the visa is only 6 months.. But the process is 8- 10 months for part 1 and then a few more months for part 2... or do u guys send a visa extension with the PR ?

Once u start ur PR process for her she should not exit the country that's what an inland application means.
u should not take the risk to exit or else ur inland applictn might be cancelled!!! Incase there is an emergency then u can apply for a visa extension but that too is taking a risk to exit the country..

why on earth would u want that to happen , cancelling ur pr process just for mere few months / weeks to go back to ur home country!

May be at the border on ur way back she would not get an entry to enter Canada back again since they have all the info she applied for inland application
rest is ur wish what u think is best for u, Would strongly advise that she should not exit the country once the application of her PR is in process wait for
the entire process to be completed that is getting her PR card & then she can travel.

U can also call cic call centre & they would give u the best advise!

Godspeed

Cheers

Ann

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
tinch said:
A last post...
Landed yesterday in Etobicoke! I paid the fees there with a credit card. Paying in advance does not speed things up! The interview is very straightforward. Checked if all the information was correct (it wasn't, my last name was spelled wrong..), reassured that I did not commit any crimes and was never deported. Also that I do not have any dependent children in Canada or other countries.
They also asked briefly if I am working now and if my husband is employed.
Then Service Ontario changed my SIN to a permanent number! Done!!!
All in all, we spent 4 hours in the office, they seemed to have some trouble in the morning and also scheduled 6 interviews for the exact same time.. But what are 4 hours compared to over a year :)

Thank you everyone in this forum. It was a great help for me to stay sane during that difficult time! Knowing that I was not alone in that situation is worth a lot. Not to mention all the useful information here..

Congratulations!! I was waiting when would update about ur landing interview!!
Thanx fr posting it really helps all of us here

Congratulations!! once again

Cheers

Ann

Good luck for everyone who is still waiting and struggling. It will happen, patience is the key...
See you in the citizenship forum soon ;)

Timeline:
App received: July 25, 2011
Process start: Sep 12, 2011
AIP: June 13, 2011
DM: Aug 23, 2011
Landing Interview: Sep 12, 2012

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
xxpazaway said:
Hatrang,
How are you? Any good news? Have you recieved all the letter they sent out for you and your sponsor? How come i havent recieved the third letter the agent were saying!? I called again and two agent were saying they sent us three letter and only two letter i recieved, i have to call them on september 22 to ask them resend that letter.
Thanks for asking xxpazaway. I've received totally 3 mails so far (AIP for sponsor, AIP for applicant, OWP), hoping for 1 more this week (for 2nd stage approval) and 1 more from my local office anytime within 1 to 2 months. I'm not going to call them this week. However, if I still don't receive the 2nd stage letter, I will have to call them next week.

micanada said:
hi to all!!

and heres my story..

called cic , and the agent told me i got aprroved right now on 1st stage and they sent an owp today!! my ecas is not updated yet and what matters for me now is i got approved on 1st stage and im so happy right now! thanks to god and to all ppl here who are very helpful, good luck everyone and will update for 2nd stage.. ;D ;D
Congrats micanada, finally it's your turn now, smillllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D

Deutschbug said:
We got AIP tonight!!! I think they called my cell (had 3 calls from a private number), and then send both of us emails with copies of the letters!

@ vinlander: Did you guys hear anything since we're date buddies?

This means they moved into early DECEMBER already!!!

I'll post more details tomorrow. I have to redo my medical, though, because it expired more than 3 months ago, so 2nd stage will probably take a while (which is ok because I'm not planning on applying for citizenship later on- and all of this after I flagpoled two weeks ago because I finally got a positive LMO and a new job, sheesh)
Congrats on your positive LMO Deutschbug, now you have nothing to worry, right? ;D

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Ann81 said:
Hey,

I'm sorry about that ! Got confused. Did u get ur work permit by mail ?? or ur going to still apply
for it online ?

Keep us updated about ur landing interview! Hope u would hear about it soon...... And yeah
don't forget to keep an eye on ur junk folder :D

Godspeed!

Cheers,

Ann
Hi Ann, I submitted the OWP application with the whole sponsorship package. I got the AIP and OWP in mail all at the same time.

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
AVS said:
Hello All,

Just an update.. I landed today at 8.00 am in Scarborough office, the landing was pretty quick, I had my appointment at 8.00 in the morning but I was there at 7.45 and the lady took me in at 7.55, she just asked me common questions if I was on welfare, do I have any crimal charges or if I was ever deported from Canada, my anwer was no to all these questions and she gave me my lading pape. There was a problem in their service Canada system so I was not issued my SIN number today, but she asked me to apply after I receive my PR Card.

Here is my complete Timeline.

Application Received: August 29, 2012.
Medical Received: June 20, 2012.
AOR: November 11, 2012.
AIP: July 19, 2012.
Decision Made: August 02, 2012.
Letter for Landing from Scarborugh Office: August 20, 2012.
Landed: September 13, 2012.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the answers and moral support in this long journey which is worthwhile in the End :) :)
Oh sweetie, I'm glad everything went smooth. Congratulations again to you. You have been a great help to me as well. :) Cheers

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
Wicket08..in your post you said:

Hello All,

Just an update.. I landed today at 8.00 am in Scarborough office, the landing was pretty quick, I had my appointment at 8.00 in the morning but I was there at 7.45 and the lady took me in at 7.55, she just asked me common questions if I was on welfare, do I have any crimal charges or if I was ever deported from Canada, my anwer was no to all these questions and she gave me my lading pape. There was a problem in their service Canada system so I was not issued my SIN number today, but she asked me to apply after I receive my PR Card.

Congratulations!!
You mentioned the letter for landing from Scarborough office. Was that the notification letter you got from immigration that said someone would be contacting you from Scarborough to set up an appt? I got this letter today and it said we would need to pay the $490.00?
Also, just wondered how long it took for Scarborough office to contact you from the time you got the letter from immigration. Did they set the appt date or allow you to set it and were you notified by Scarborough by phone or letter?
Again.congrats!

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
Congrats micanada, finally it's your turn now, smillllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D

[/quote]

thanks hatrang!! godluck on the 2nd stage hope u get it soon!!! :) ;D :D ;) :)

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Hi Canadianwife, I was just quoting AVS' post. anyway AVS and I have the same timeline with application and AIP but she landed this morning. According to her Timeline it took CIC Scarborough 12 days to send her the appointment letter. From receipt of appointment letter to landing date is 23 days.

My landing office is Calgary and I received an email saying application has been completed... pay RPRF which is $490 which I paid online the other day. I haven't received anything yet from Calgary office for my landing schedule. I think they are the ones who chooses the date and it will be said on that appointment letter that we shall receive soon.

canadianwife43 said:
Wicket08..in your post you said:

Hello All,

Congratulations!!
You mentioned the letter for landing from Scarborough office. Was that the notification letter you got from immigration that said someone would be contacting you from Scarborough to set up an appt? I got this letter today and it said we would need to pay the $490.00?
Also, just wondered how long it took for Scarborough office to contact you from the time you got the letter from immigration. Did they set the appt date or allow you to set it and were you notified by Scarborough by phone or letter?
Again.congrats!

suziii

Apr 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/09/2011
Doc's Request.
16/11/2012
AOR Received.
26/11/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
05/11/2012
Interview........
05-03-2013
Hi Guys

Just got mail from Immigration ...they wrote me a letter saying i was approved as a sponsor ... and my husband got a letter saying that he needs to do his medical exam because the one we submitted expired (just our luck) and also asking for police certificate from back home...Thank God his mother is authorised and she can do it for him... but if she wasn't how in the world would we get that done... like he would have to go back home and do it ... and also submitted that with our application.... we have till December 06 to send that information...i was sure we got AIP ..but no :(

Did anybody have something like that happend to them?...i wonder how much longer after we send requested information we have to wait... this is insane... i wish we done outland ...

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
suziii said:
Hi Guys

Just got mail from Immigration ...they wrote me a letter saying i was approved as a sponsor ... and my husband got a letter saying that he needs to do his medical exam because the one we submitted expired (just our luck) and also asking for police certificate from back home...Thank God his mother is authorised and she can do it for him... but if she wasn't how in the world would we get that done... like he would have to go back home and do it ... and also submitted that with our application.... we have till December 06 to send that information...i was sure we got AIP ..but no :(

Did anybody have something like that happend to them?...i wonder how much longer after we send requested information we have to wait... this is insane... i wish we done outland ...
Congrats. That's AIP... If you have submitted the police clearance and medical a few month before the expected date of ur AIP you could've had both stages approved. Good luck :)

suziii

Apr 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/09/2011
Doc's Request.
16/11/2012
AOR Received.
26/11/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
05/11/2012
Interview........
05-03-2013
AIP?... oh Thank God.. when can my husband apply for work permit/health care.. etc.. ? im little confused..

This forum is so helpfull.. thank you for clarifying info for me...

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
QE2Guy01 said:
I wonder why our files were transferred and how long we will have to wait. I have called CIC several times and even Mr. Kenney's office and nobody will tell me anything. I can think of no logical reason for the transfer and I think we deserve be told exactly why and how long we are expected to wait.

i'm sure they have a reason. usually if they have doubts about the genuineness of the relationship before granting AIP that's when they transfer the application to local office for a "review" and they will probably ask some questions and might ask for more evidence. but if you have everything in order they will approve it and thats when the cic will review and give you your AIP.the call center won't tell you why, and the timing can not be determent by them because that all depends on the local office and how busy they are. so hopefully everything will go smoothly for you. good luck!

joeminhas

Jan 1, 2012
suziii said:
AIP?... oh Thank God.. when can my husband apply for work permit/health care.. etc.. ? im little confused..

Hi Suziii, Can you share your timeline with us ?

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
suziii said:

Your husband should be able to apply for the work permit right now. I hear you can do it on line.

And after he gets OWP he should be able to get healthcare and a sin number. It depends on where you are. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

anticipation

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Just checked my ECAS and they updated my profile:

We received xxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on August 29, 2011.

We started processing xxxxxxxxx application on July 19, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxxxxxxxxx application. The office will contact xxxxxxxxxxxx concerning this decision.

xxxxxxxxxxxx 's interview is November 8, 2012.

So my landing interview is on November 8. Have to wait 2 months for the landing interview but at least I know the exact date now. I was worried too that I might miss it coz I work away from home for 3 weeks and only home for a week. So I don't get to check my mail every so often. Anyway, this is really a good news. I didn't know they put the landing date on the ECAS. I think it's good as a reminder. :)

Thanks all! and good luck!

My timeline now would be:

Application received: August 29,2011
Approval in Principle: July 19,2012
Decision Made (PR): September 8, 2012

Landing: November 8, 2012 - Calgary

10 months & 20 days - from application rcvd to AIP
1 month and 19 days - from AIP to Stage 2 approval
2 months - Stage 2 to Landing date