Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
leli2012 said:
thanks! I called CIC today and they told me the decision made happened yesterday, so she cannot confirm it is "second stage" approval, but what happens now is they send it to my local office and they will let me know when the landing interview is. It should be the landing interview, that's what they told me.

So is it more likely that they approved it? Also, since it is done, they won't ask me for anything else?

I hope it's done soon!!!!

the interview is couple questions to confirm your info, thats it. so consider it pretty much done. so you are done with cic, now you just have to wait for the local office for landing, thats basically the end of your struggle :)

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
the first fee you paid is for the application thats a different fee, this one is called "landing fee" so you still have to pay $490 the application fee and landing fee is about a $1000 together, i'm guessing you paid the first one.
I haven't got my second stage yet to give info about timing in etobicoke but the info I gave you regarding the interview and such are from other people who have been through it already.
Hey,

Thanx once again for replying!!

Cheers
Ann

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Hello,

Has anyone received anything after stage 2 approval ?? what exactly does the letter / email say on stage 2 approval ??
Is it mentioned that like many here have mentioned about etobicoke office paying 490$ so has anyone got to that stage if so please reply

Hoping that I would expect a reply

Thanx everyone who have replied me till date

Cheers

Ann

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
the interview is couple questions to confirm your info, thats it. so consider it pretty much done. so you are done with cic, now you just have to wait for the local office for landing, thats basically the end of your struggle :)
thanks!! Is there a chance it could be a refusal? I still worry LOL. But when i called they told me everything is in order and they finalized my app. They didn't ask me to get any medical tests redone.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
kuojason said:
Our application seems to be taking a long time as our application was received back in April 7 2011.

She got the first stage approval [ AIP (approval in principal) ] back in March 2012. (11 months wait)

Please note we didn't have to provide any more additional info or interview.

Now we been waiting 17 months since our application was received.

Is waiting this long this normal for Winnipeg, Manitoba location?
This does not an abnormally long time, unfortunately. It wouldn't hurt to order the FOSS notes or whatever they are calling them these days. Computergeek knows a lot about ordering these notes, check his/her postings. It also depends on what country the spouse comes from. Some countries just take longer than others, because they are more concerned about fraud. You are not alone.

Anticipation

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
To Ann, here's the email I got for My Stage 2 DM

Wicket08 said:
I KNOW I WAS JUST VENTING FEW MINUTES AGO OR THE PAST FEW DAYS! BUT..... I received an email from CPC Vegreville today and it was on my Junk email. Good thing I always check on my Junk folder.

I GOT DM FOR MY STAGE 2. [/color]
I checked my ecas an hour ago but it hasn't changed yet. Still says In process

this is what it says on the email:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be in the form of a certified cheque,
money order, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or online at www.cic.gc.ca. If paid online,
you must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Calgary when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

AVS, I'm so happy!

Kitchener_inland- hope things will not take any much longer for you

will keep u guys posted for my landing interview. :)

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Hello All,

CIC website just updated to 5 Dec. I am also from Nov. but still not hear anything yet. Does anyone from Nov already got AIP? Please let us know!

Congratulations to those who got AIP & DM.

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
Mingming said:
Hello All,

CIC website just updated to 5 Dec. I am also from Nov. but still not hear anything yet. Does anyone from Nov already got AIP? Please let us know!

hi ming im nov 21 and i called cic 2 days ago and i can hear from them latest is oct 12, so u might have to call them and find out.

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Mingming said:
Hello All,

Hey mingming, I called them yesterday, the lady I spoked with said my application is still in process.
Basically she told me exactly what it shows on my sponser eacs "in process".

I'm about to just relax for the next week and see what happens. I dot understand how they got to December 5th and I didn't even Recieve a mail or anything yet.

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Militarywife said:
Hey mingming, I called them yesterday, the lady I spoked with said my application is still in process.
Basically she told me exactly what it shows on my sponser eacs "in process".

I'm about to just relax for the next week and see what happens. I dot understand how they got to December 5th and I didn't even Recieve a mail or anything yet.

Hello Militarywife,

Thanks for your replied. Yes, I dont know how comes they jump to Dec 5 so fast!! I also gave CIC a call yesterday, they didn't open my file, and just read the same as CIC website show.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Mingming said:
Hello Militarywife,

Thanks for your replied. Yes, I dont know how comes they jump to Dec 5 so fast!! I also gave CIC a call yesterday, they didn't open my file, and just read the same as CIC website show.
[/quot

mine was received on Dec 06, I got excited to see that they are working on applications received on 05th Dec but my ecas is still on application received :(

devine777

Jun 25, 2012
Mingming said:
Hello Militarywife,

Hi Mingming and Military wife. I was wondering if you included your medicals and Police Checks when you applied? I'm only asking because I hear that cic normally work on complete applications faster...Also they say every case is different

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
devine777 said:
Hi Mingming and Military wife. I was wondering if you included your medicals and Police Checks when you applied? I'm only asking because I hear that cic normally work on complete applications faster...Also they say every case is different
Hey, I sent my application with medical. I didnt need to send a police certificate due to the fact that I was under 18 when I came to Canada, and was told that cic would do there own background check.

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
devine777 said:

Hello devine777,

Yes, I included both medicals & police check in my original application.

BTW, what's your timeline?

devine777

Jun 25, 2012
Mingming said:
Hello devine777,

Yes, I included both medicals & police check in my original application.

BTW, what's your timeline?
Ok cool, I hope you guys will hear from them soon:) I applied in March of this year