Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MonkeyPoohBear said:
Thanks for your advise! But the requirements that is needed to be provided when sending off the forms, it says : TWO proofs of your current address. Official correspondence showing your name and address both dated within the last 6 months. I can provide the other requirements, but not this.

So it must be my address that's in England? But the thing is I haven't been there for over 2 years which is my parents home. I don't talk to them no longer because they were against our relationship. I dont see them sending me my mail...
That's not my interpretation of the form - I read this as meaning they want your CURRENT address - not your address in the UK, your address here in Canada. But there is a telephone number and e-mail address on the form so you can always ask them to confirm this is the case.

MonkeyPoohBear said:
I'm with CIBC.
Go to your branch and ask them if they can assist you with obtaining a GBP bank draft. If not, take cash down to TD or HSBC or another bank that does offer bank draft services and buy a bank draft from them (they may have to order it internally). There will likely be a fee for this, but it will get you what you need.

Good luck!

Sep 9, 2012
computergeek said:
That's not my interpretation of the form - I read this as meaning they want your CURRENT address - not your address in the UK, your address here in Canada. But there is a telephone number and e-mail address on the form so you can always ask them to confirm this is the case.

Go to your branch and ask them if they can assist you with obtaining a GBP bank draft. If not, take cash down to TD or HSBC or another bank that does offer bank draft services and buy a bank draft from them (they may have to order it internally). There will likely be a fee for this, but it will get you what you need.

Good luck!
I thought about the current address being in Canada, but I wasnt sure... Puts my mind at ease lol. But I'll get in contact with them just to double check!

I'll go to the bank this week and ask!

Thanks soooo very much for your help computergeek! ;D

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
computergeek said:
Since they are just starting to process her sponsorship application, it's unlikely that even if you submitted anything now it would make a difference - and as you suggested it might slow things down. In the unlikely event they decide she isn't qualified to sponsor or they have questions about her financial abilities, then you can respond with new information. Your best bet is to not over think the problem - second guessing yourself at this stage is really not the best practice.

Good luck!
thank you for your advice|!

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
raabhim said:
I did change my job after we submitted the application (need more money for sponsoring the family) but I did not inform CIC the change because we were told that CIC does not require salary for spouse sponsor. But last year we submitted the application, I did give the current employment letter and my T4.
Hope that helps, good luck!
thank you for sharing your advice!

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on September 9, 2011.

We started processing XXXXXXXX's application on July 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXXXX's application. The office will contact XXXX concerning this decision.

Just logged on tonight and found this Yea!!! Now how long before I will have to go for my interview,? Need to know so I can come up with my landing fee!
Anyone can give me a rough ideal how long?

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
Hello,

my application was originally received on August 5, 2011 and I received the AIP on June 25, 2012.

However, I have not heard anything ever since, and I feel kinda nervous because so many people who applied later than I did are getting the second stage approvals.

This is what my e-cas says:

We received ********'s application for permanent residence on August 5, 2011.

We started processing ********'s application on June 25, 2012.

Is there anyone who hasn't received the second stage approval with the similar timeline as me? I live in downtown toronto btw.

Please share your experience.

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
canadianwife43 said:
We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on September 9, 2011.

We started processing XXXXXXXX's application on July 23, 2012.

A decision has been made on XXXXX's application. The office will contact XXXX concerning this decision.

Just logged on tonight and found this Yea!!! Now how long before I will have to go for my interview,? Need to know so I can come up with my landing fee!
Anyone can give me a rough ideal how long?

Congratulations! :)

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Same here,
Sent application on Aug 4 2011, received AIP on June 21ST 2012... Haven't heard anything
Really frustrating
torontoinlander said:
Hello,

my application was originally received on August 5, 2011 and I received the AIP on June 25, 2012.

However, I have not heard anything ever since, and I feel kinda nervous because so many people who applied later than I did are getting the second stage approvals.

Is there anyone who hasn't received the second stage approval with the similar timeline as me? I live in downtown toronto btw.

pcheng

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-0212
LANDED..........
19-11-2012
I am on the same time line too. I got my AIP on June 25, 2012. I think my eCAS change to medical results received the past Monday. Still haven't heard anything yet.

torontoinlander said:
Hello,

r.hadii26

Nov 4, 2011
Hi people my fiance came to canada 1 year ago nd now we are planning to get married
What is the immigration procedure nd how long will it take please help me out

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
r.hadii26 said:
Hi people my fiance came to canada 1 year ago nd now we are planning to get married
What is the immigration procedure nd how long will it take please help me out
---

Hi there! if you are a canadian citizen or PR you can sponsor your fiance under the spouse or common law partner in canada class. go to www.cic.cg.ca, you will find all the info. that's what i did - the whole process took 13 months for me from start to finish. Good luck! :)

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
torontoinlander said:
Hello,

Hello
I applied June 20th,2011
DM first stage approval April 27th 2012
Second stage: still waiting

You've gotta wait... Ive been waiting for My second stage for almost 5months and still nothing

pcheng

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-0212
LANDED..........
19-11-2012
Does anyone know or perhaps heard some of the reasons that might cause a delay in second stage approval?

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
what should you bring for landing interview?

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
pcheng said:
Does anyone know or perhaps heard some of the reasons that might cause a delay in second stage approval?
That's excatly my question few days ago. Something I can't really figure out.