+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
We received your application for permanent residence on July 18, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 4, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on June 5, 2012 to ................... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please notify.

I am so happy my people. For sure this is both stages. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I am jumping around like mad woman.... this waiting period is finally over. now waiting for the mails.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
finebaby said:

We started processing your application on August 4, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 5, 2012 to ................... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please notify.

I am so happy my people. For sure this is both stages. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I am jumping around like mad woman.... this waiting period is finally over. now waiting for the mails.

Congratulation :))

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Kidney Bean said:
So today I got this letter from the CIC which said, "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed...." and I will be landing in Scarborough!! :D :D :D :D

It turns out I don't need to apply for a police check from my home country since I came to Canada after I just had my 18th birthday and never stay in any countries more than 6 months.

Here is my timeline, thanks for updating the chart Johanna

We started processing your application on August 3, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 5, 2012 to.......about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Goodluck to everyone!! ;) ;) :D
Did you get the letter from CIC Vegreville ??? Or Scarborough office sent you a landing interview?

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Kidney Bean said:
I got the letter from CIC but my lawyer told me I'll be landing Scarborough.

When r u landing in Scarborough? Like from the date the letter was sent to you... When is your landing ?

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Hi, Perk and Everybody

Just an updated information from me,

Application received: July 13 2011
Start Process: July 26 2011
AIP: May 28 2012
DM: May 28 2012
Received OWP: June 1 2012
Received 2 letters for sponsor & PR applicant: June 4 2012
Not Received Landing appointment letter dated on May 30 2012 but I received a call from immigration officer said that my landing appointment on June 11 2012
Landed: June 11 2012

So I landed yesterday morning and everythings just simple, just confirm your name, address, no crime record then welcome to Canada and now you are Permanent Resident of Canada, Congratulation!

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
:D :DCongrats!
BestPlace said:
Hi, Perk and Everybody

Just an updated information from me,

Application received: July 13 2011
Start Process: July 26 2011
AIP: May 28 2012
DM: May 28 2012
Received OWP: June 1 2012
Received 2 letters for sponsor & PR applicant: June 4 2012
Not Received Landing appointment letter dated on May 30 2012 but I received a call from immigration officer said that my landing appointment on June 11 2012
Landed: June 11 2012

So I landed yesterday morning and everythings just simple, just confirm your name, address, no crime record then welcome to Canada and now you are Permanent Resident of Canada, Congratulation!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Re: Need some advice

darwinwap said:
Hi, I am married to a canadian citizen and already have all the documents. I am currently on a work permit and it expires Sept 2012. I am assuming it would be best to do inland application as I am not from a visa exempt country. I am currently not working with current employer at the moment. Do I need to apply for a visitor extension or is it ok to just be on implied status with the open work permit application ? Does this also mean I would not be able to work for at least 11 months while waiting for the open work permit? I would appreciate any input please and thanks a lot.
As far as I know, you don't need to apply for visitor visa if you have OWP app with your PR app before your WP expires. For safety, some people still applied for visitor visa during the waiting time, you can do that if you're anxious. I just simply didn't apply for it but my file is still waiting, I can't tell you the result for now.

And you are right, if your work permit expires and you can't find another employer to get a new work permit, you can't work during the waiting time, it can be 11 months or more or less depending on case to case, also sometimes the gov't budget cut would affect us too (depending on year you apply).

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
Hey everyone,

Hoping someone will know the answer to this - I applied to sponsor my wife on August 5th, 2011 (so I think we're less than a month away from getting a decision!) - problem is, she's gone back to Mexico for a couple of months, as sitting around for 10-12 months not being able to work or study, was fairly boring. She has a multiple-entrance VISA, so I'm not concerned about her not being allowed back in to Canada.

My question is, that throughout this process, neither my lawyer, my own research, or any of the CIC reps that I've spoken with ever bothered to mention anything about this 'landing interview' that I keep hearing about.

What happens if we get AIP, they send us a letter asking her to attend an interview (we're in Vancouver, btw), and she's not in the country?

Also, we never sent in any medical records or police check, as our lawyer told us wait for CIC to ask for this documents. It seems like they will give us AIP and OWP first, and then ask for these documents, correct?

I only found this forum about a month ago, wish I found it sooner! Good luck everyone and thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Markm said:
Hey everyone,

Hoping someone will know the answer to this - I applied to sponsor my wife on August 5th, 2011 (so I think we're less than a month away from getting a decision!) - problem is, she's gone back to Mexico for a couple of months, as sitting around for 10-12 months not being able to work or study, was fairly boring. She has a multiple-entrance VISA, so I'm not concerned about her not being allowed back in to Canada.

My question is, that throughout this process, neither my lawyer, my own research, or any of the CIC reps that I've spoken with ever bothered to mention anything about this 'landing interview' that I keep hearing about.

What happens if we get AIP, they send us a letter asking her to attend an interview (we're in Vancouver, btw), and she's not in the country?

Also, we never sent in any medical records or police check, as our lawyer told us wait for CIC to ask for this documents. It seems like they will give us AIP and OWP first, and then ask for these documents, correct?

I only found this forum about a month ago, wish I found it sooner! Good luck everyone and thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!
Well, she shouldn't have left the country while her inland app in in process espicially for 2 months that a long time. If CIC finds out she left know that you app is in jeopardy.

you must tell her to come back as things are almost over and she will soon be asked for interview or medical...

to clear you up....internview must come before AIP. but once you are given AIP that means NO interview. interview is when they doubt your relationship

you should do your medical now to avoid any delay..dont worry about your lawyer said.....you application got sent out in Aug so your medical should have been in by end of april 2012 to avoid any delay but guess its too late now

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
qw123 said:
Well, she shouldn't have left the country while her inland app in in process espicially for 2 months that a long time. If CIC finds out she left know that you app is in jeopardy.

you must tell her to come back as things are almost over and she will soon be asked for interview or medical...

to clear you up....internview must come before AIP. but once you are given AIP that means NO interview. interview is when they doubt your relationship

you should do your medical now to avoid any delay..dont worry about your lawyer said.....you application got sent out in Aug so your medical should have been in by end of april 2012 to avoid any delay but guess its too late now
Thanks for the info - she's gone back to Mexico several times since we started the application, as the agents at CIC said as long as she has a multiple entrance VISA, it shouldn't be an issue. The only time your app is in jeopardy, is for one reason or another, they refuse her entry back into Canada. If that happens, they can abandon her app. We've also taken a couple of vacations outside of Canada since we started this, and have never had an issue.

Just so I'm clear - if they have no suspicion that our relationship is fraudulent, then they'll give her AIP without an interview. If, however, they are suspicious, then they will schedule her for an interview, and as long as that goes well, she'll get AIP after that?

yea I think our lawyer gave us a few bogus pieces of advice unfortunately. For example, she told us not to apply for OWP until after we got AIP, even though she knew our priority was to get my wife employed. I sent in a the OWP application a few months ago, as one of the CIC reps said that as long as you attach a letter of direction indicated your file number, they will attach the OWP app. to our inland app.

With the medical, I was curious to see if she could just get in while she's in Mexico and send it to me. It's cheaper and faster to do it there than it is here, same with the police check.

Assuming they don't ask for an interview, am I right in thinking she'll get AIP, and then they'll request the medical and police records?

Thanks again for the response!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Markm said:
Hey everyone,

I'm gonna b honest with you... Your wife should've not left the country now if CIC finds out she's not here then her application has a high rate of being rejected if you think of it logically.
What's the point of applying to sponsor your wife in canada if she doesn't live with you. How do you expect CIC to believe you that's she's actually your wife and she doesn't live with you. Also honestly in this process you DO NOT need a lawyer at all because it's all you and your wife. All what the lawyer does is put the papers whatever you and your wife provided, and mail to CIC do your paying someone to mail your application that's all!!!
Also as for the medical and police clearance from the past 10 years you should've sent it 5 month ago because that will just delay your process in the second stage that's why it says 8 months for stage 2 on the CIC website.

Good luck I hope that would help !

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
Aiman said:
I'm gonna b honest with you... Your wife should've not left the country now if CIC finds out she's not here then her application has a high rate of being rejected if you think of it logically.
What's the point of applying to sponsor your wife in canada if she doesn't live with you. How do you expect CIC to believe you that's she's actually your wife and she doesn't live with you. Also honestly in this process you DO NOT need a lawyer at all because it's all you and your wife. All what the lawyer does is put the papers whatever you and your wife provided, and mail to CIC do your paying someone to mail your application that's all!!!
Also as for the medical and police clearance from the past 10 years you should've sent it 5 month ago because that will just delay your process in the second stage that's why it says 8 months for stage 2 on the CIC website.

Good luck I hope that would help !
Thanks Aiman!

Can I ask where you guys are getting this info that by leaving our app is in jeopardy? Again, I've spoken with probably 5 different CIC reps, and all of them have assured me that the only way there would be an issue, is if she's rejected from re-entering Canada. With a multiple entrance VISA, this is not an issue.

And to think about it logically - yes, we definitely live together. We have joint accounts, bills in both names that come to our home address, testimonials from friends, photos of us in Vancouver spanning 3 years, etc etc etc. But if immigration Canada wants to tell her that for 12 months she's not allowed to work, study, or even volunteer, what the hell do they expect her to do? She's an engineer, and very career-oriented. The cabin fever was literally driving her bananas, which is why we applied for the multiple entrance VISA, so that she can come and go as she pleases. We've been to Vegas, Cancun, and Guadalajara 3 times since the app was started, and every time we enter together back into Canada, we tell the border agents that I've sponsored her and we're waiting for her PR card. Never a problem.

The lawyer is a family friend and did our application pro bono, thankfully, because you're right she really didn't do much at all except review our app to make sure it was fully complete, and mail it off to CIC.

To be honest, i don't really care about the PR card - she already has MSP, and benefits from my work coverage. Her VISA is good for 5 years - it's only OWP that we're anxious for. They can take 2 years for the PR card for all we care!

I apologize if this comes off as a rant or being rude, it's difficult to tell my tone through the forum :) I'm very grateful for your responses, and for finding this forum full of great people.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Markm said:
Thanks Aiman!

Can I ask where you guys are getting this info that by leaving our app is in jeopardy? Again, I've spoken with probably 5 different CIC reps, and all of them have assured me that the only way there would be an issue, is if she's rejected from re-entering Canada. With a multiple entrance VISA, this is not an issue.

And to think about it logically - yes, we definitely live together. We have joint accounts, bills in both names that come to our home address, testimonials from friends, photos of us in Vancouver spanning 3 years, etc etc etc. But if immigration Canada wants to tell her that for 12 months she's not allowed to work, study, or even volunteer, what the hell do they expect her to do? She's an engineer, and very career-oriented. The cabin fever was literally driving her bananas, which is why we applied for the multiple entrance VISA, so that she can come and go as she pleases. We've been to Vegas, Cancun, and Guadalajara 3 times since the app was started, and every time we enter together back into Canada, we tell the border agents that I've sponsored her and we're waiting for her PR card. Never a problem.

The lawyer is a family friend and did our application pro bono, thankfully, because you're right she really didn't do much at all except review our app to make sure it was fully complete, and mail it off to CIC.

To be honest, i don't really care about the PR card - she already has MSP, and benefits from my work coverage. Her VISA is good for 5 years - it's only OWP that we're anxious for. They can take 2 years for the PR card for all we care!

I apologize if this comes off as a rant or being rude, it's difficult to tell my tone through the forum :) I'm very grateful for your responses, and for finding this forum full of great people.
doubt equals interview then issue AIP

CIC may have a hard time to find out you have a genuine relationship due to these multi exits,

one thing you must avoid to avoid being denied is by trying to do medical in mexico...she applied inland so her medical must come form canada. this will get you denied for certain if done in mexico.

police check is ok from mexico.

as we advise you,,,,the app may be refused by her traveling out. she applied inland and she has to respect that. she is on visitor visa and one thing with that is cic or border people must not know she has intenstion to remain here permanently..which is why on visior visa if they find out that the application inland is in process...she can get denied as per her intention. Good luck ...

Tell me what the point to apply inland she she cant say to finish the process. this is a ticket to denial.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Markm said:
It's difficult not to get frustrated at the process (I'm now two weeks shy of three years on my first application, and just over 3 months on my second application.)

The risk is always that someone at the border will decide to be a jerk - a CBSA officer in a (very) bad mood. Everyone there understands that if they refuse her entry, her application is dead. That is why most people choose NOT to risk it.

If she's a skilled engineer, why didn't you just set up a consulting company and hire her out? If you want to be really up front about it, go get an LMO for her and a work permit - the paperwork isn't that onerous although employers hate to do it for some reason. Otherwise, working for the "family business" without pay is generally acceptable (it's a grey area, admittedly, but as long as the taxes all get paid nobody generally cares.)