+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perk said:
We can share some champagne. 8)
That makes three of us(started processing July 22th) :D I hope that the Calgary office is much more efficient that the Ontario ones!!

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidyincnd said:
Just replied to your quote and saw this new post. Congrats and wish you all the best.

hi heidyincnd,

yeah i saw your post yesterday and i was a bit worrie cause you got already the update of your application and it is already decision made so i quickly called cic and a nice male agent had told me that my application was just got approved may 9 that's why i get excited and don't know what to ask already because he had just said all the details regarding my application:), and today i open my ecas and i saw the decision made already and they will contact me anytime today or next week maybe..plus the sent me a letter on the mail but i have to wait still...i just felt very very happy and i jumped and jumped and jumped because of what i heared and my ecas both my husband(sponsor) and me(principal applicant) have decision made already..but i dont know if that is only for my first stage approval or both stages already...maybe we got the same result in our ecas!!..:)

July applicants better get ready cause the immig will now rock your world!!!:)i know some of you will gonna have a result next week already!!!good luck to all of us!!!immig is working on our applications very hard it's just that, they are not updating but still they are working far already than we expected....GOODLUCK to all of us!!!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Had my landing interview this morning
Was more of a chat about my 9 month old !!
So I am now a Canadian PR.......yay !!
Good luck to everyone !!

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irishred said:
Good luck to everyone !!
Great news!! Congrats on the Baby(we are expecting our first in less then a month from now) and the PR

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
sluma said:
Great news!! Congrats on the Baby(we are expecting our first in less then a month from now) and the PR
Thanks Sluma !!
And congrats on your soon to be arrival.
Hopefully you haven't too long to wait for PR !!

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
irishred said:
Good luck to everyone !!
Congrats to you with such a great news. I also have my application filed in June 2011 and was hoping to hear from CIC for an interview soon this month. I am kind of nervous and worries as waiting for the result. Could you please share your experiences how long did it take from time you had the decision made to the interview? I guess your case is faster than others who have not baby.

Again, congratulation for both news (PR and baby)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Heidyincnd said:
Congrats to you with such a great news. I also have my application filed in June 2011 and was hoping to hear from CIC for an interview soon this month. I am kind of nervous and worries as waiting for the result. Could you please share your experiences how long did it take from time you had the decision made to the interview? I guess your case is faster than others who have not baby.

Again, congratulation for both news (PR and baby)
Thanks Heidyincnd
i got approved on April 26th and had the interview today.
I dont think having the baby had a whole lot to do with it. We landed in Halifax , I think that was why it was so quick
Have you got your DM already?
Good luck and I'm sure you will hear soon :)

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
irishred said:
Thanks Heidyincnd
i got approved on April 26th and had the interview today.
I dont think having the baby had a whole lot to do with it. We landed in Halifax , I think that was why it was so quick
Have you got your DM already?
Good luck and I'm sure you will hear soon :)
Thanks Irrished,

Yes, I have my DM already so I am just waiting for the phone call from CIC.

All the best to you

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
Hi johanna125,

Please update my timeline into your chart, thanks so much :)

Application rec'd on 20 April 2011
Medical Report Rec'd on 24 March 2011
Start processing on 09 May 2011
AIP Approved on 10 March 2012
Police certificate sent on 04 May 2012

now is waiting for DM .....

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I just checked ecas, not expecting any change, as usual, and then I saw this:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 8, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

So then I checked my ecas (sponsor) and sponsorship application status says "decision made":

We sent you a letter on May 8, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

...and PR status says "in process", but once I opened it, it says:

We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011.

We started processing XXXXX's application on June 8, 2011.

A decision has been made and XXXXX will be contacted.

OMG I am so excited!!!!!

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Hi,everyone

This is the 2nd time i am posting on this post because no body cared to reply the first time i hope some one have some answeres for my question because i am so frustrated and dnt knw wht to do.....

i submitted my pr application in march 2011,my wife sponserd me as i was a Temp Resident in canada as i held a owp and my Study permit,my permits expired in mach 2011 as well.

But again after applying i got a doc from cic veg in july that they need more info which i sent them
in august.but then when i checked my status on line it dint show anything till jan,in jan they said they got the info nd showed on the online status.but the call center said they got the info in august but dint open it.but as of now i dint get my work permit or anyting as of april 24 i got a letter they transferred my case to edmonton cic and they may contact you.When i called the call center they said there is no processing time that how long will they take as its by case to case specific.i already waited a year to get my work permit and now they say they have transferred it what does tht mean and how long more will it take to get this done???

people from july 2011 are getting there dm and AIP i applied in march but my file is transferred is there any one else who is going through the same thing i am...if i would have applied out-land i could have come and go anytime because i am from a visa exempt country.

If some one can help or have any info i will really appreciate it

Thanks

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
arjun29 said:
Hi,everyone

This is the 2nd time i am posting on this post because no body cared to reply the first time i hope some one have some answeres for my question because i am so frustrated and dnt knw wht to do.....

i submitted my pr application in march 2011,my wife sponserd me as i was a Temp Resident in canada as i held a owp and my Study permit,my permits expired in mach 2011 as well.

But again after applying i got a doc from cic veg in july that they need more info which i sent them
in august.but then when i checked my status on line it dint show anything till jan,in jan they said they got the info nd showed on the online status.but the call center said they got the info in august but dint open it.but as of now i dint get my work permit or anyting as of april 24 i got a letter they transferred my case to edmonton cic and they may contact you.When i called the call center they said there is no processing time that how long will they take as its by case to case specific.i already waited a year to get my work permit and now they say they have transferred it what does tht mean and how long more will it take to get this done???

people from july 2011 are getting there dm and AIP i applied in march but my file is transferred is there any one else who is going through the same thing i am...if i would have applied out-land i could have come and go anytime because i am from a visa exempt country.

Thanks
As what I read from your post, you may have to go through an interview to prove the genuine relationship. That means you should collect all documents to get ready for it from now. You may want to order FOSS note to know what they want to know more about your relationship so that you can prepare better for the interview.
As of time concern, you have to wait until Edmonton office contacts you first (usually can be up to 6 months depending on how busy the office is). After you go through the first interview, they will decide to keep processing your papers for AIP or issue a refusal. That means there is no clear time line here. Many people are scared with this interview; however, many others did say that it was very normal. If I were you, I should get myself really well-prepared for this interview since more or less, it's still the most important step to push up your application to the next step.
That's is my understanding. You can wait for more advice from other members.

perk said:
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Spouses and partners 44,912 44,208 43,902 40,763 38,514

I found these stats on the CIC website. I have always wondered why people that are having there landing say there are 20 and 30 people at the landing office with them?
I seems to me that only people applying inland would be at the CIC office to land. Well now that I have seen this Statistic it makes sense, there are a lot more spouse/sponsorships
then I thought. If you consider the small number of names on Johanna's spreadsheet it is very possible that CIC is working at full speed, but the people that they are processing
just are not on our list. So we have these pause's, people not on the list are getting their DM letters. Just my thoughts. ( does not make me feel any better but.......) I am sure that
a lot of these are OUTLAND but even if 1% were INLAND Johannas list is still missing alot of names.
Thanks for listing the numbers perk. I noticed that the number of applicants were decreasing by year. Maybe many people got frustrated with Inland process then.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
arjun29 said:
Hi,everyone

Thanks
As far as I could understand your file has been transferred to your local office for further assessment. Now it depends on Edmonton immigration office to what they do with your application, they can issue you AIP or ask for an interview. Usually the files are transferred because immigration is not sure of relationship or other issues. Now you just have to wait, as it takes longer if file gets transferred. Try to find out an average time for Edmonton office to process transferred file and order FOSS notes to find out what is that caused the file to be transferred. Good luck!!!

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
irishred said:
Good luck to everyone !!
Congratulations welcome to Canada. Best of luck in your new country.

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Thank you soo much Am_lina11 and hatrang for replying to my post
it was very help full,i already applied for my foss notes nd i dnt knw when will they come in......but if there will be an interview i will start collecting more docs for it,but the thing is i saw more posts that people have been waiting for 8 months since there file got transfer d but no body as herd from them,so i am scared that does not happen with me cause its already close to 15 months nd no work permit or anything.....

But do you guys knw wht kind of interview happens wht they ask and
wht are they looking for kinda thing???and wht happens after the interview takes place...

Thanks