Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
cililoca said:
I hear your frustration and I share it with you! Our case is very similar! We've been waiting for 9 months now, even though it's not as long as your I still feel its very unfair and painful... Hopefully this will be over with soon!

My first impression of Canada is not really positive and my husband who was born here is deeply disappointed with his country. Because of criminals that spoil the system, real people that just want a normal life have to go through such an unfair waiting line.

Hopefully this will change, the process needs a review, its not efficient. I hope you hear something from them soon!! Fingers crossed!
Thanks for the reply Cililoca. Many of us share the same poor impression of Canada - and it really is unfortunate as it IS a great country. It opens so many doors for so many people that we couldn't get in the countries we come from BUT the first impression deters many from continuing through the process. My husband has voiced his opinion to many friends and family back home as to how difficult it is and how disappointed he was with the immigration process - many are afraid to even try!

I couldn't agree with you more that the process needs a review - and that they should be asking all of US how and where improvements are needed. Census Canada takes many polls this should be one of them - they need to learn and improve.......

taoqi

Jan 19, 2012
TU160 said:
Hi lyrical,

My congratulation for you!!! ;)

May I ask you how you got SIN number?
Hi TU160,
for me, landing office and apply sin card office are same office at 200 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
so after landing , you can apply SIN card at the same time.

the document: passport, landing paper and your sin card (start number with 9, if you have)

address:
1) 200 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
metro:Place-d'Armes(Chinatown)

2) :4110 Wellington Street, Verdun , Quebec, H4G 1V7
Building 2nd floor
metro: De l'eglise

3) 7655 Newman Boulevard Montréal, H8N1X7

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
Hi there,

CIC have received my application on 20 April 2011 and my medical was done and sent to Ottawa on 22 March 2011.
My sponsorship have approved on 10 March 2012 and police certificate is sent to Vegreville on 04 May 2012.

I called CIC today and they're still opening additional documents from 30th march, that's why they don't have any confirmation and update status of my application.
Now, I'm so worry about I have to re-do my medical report.

My question is, if I'm pregnant now and CIC requests to re-do the medical report. As far as I know that this is not allowed to do chest Xray due to pregnancy.
Do anyone know what happen next to my application? Will put it on hold? CIC only could process my application once I complete the full set of medical test?

Thanks so much!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Just out of curiosity, have any of the people that have landed already received there pr card yet? I haven't seen anyone lately post on our thread that they received the pr card.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
chu2010 said:
Hi there,

CIC have received my application on 20 April 2011 and my medical was done and sent to Ottawa on 22 March 2011.
My sponsorship have approved on 10 March 2012 and police certificate is sent to Vegreville on 04 May 2012.

I called CIC today and they're still opening additional documents from 30th march, that's why they don't have any confirmation and update status of my application.
Now, I'm so worry about I have to re-do my medical report.

My question is, if I'm pregnant now and CIC requests to re-do the medical report. As far as I know that this is not allowed to do chest Xray due to pregnancy.
Do anyone know what happen next to my application? Will put it on hold? CIC only could process my application once I complete the full set of medical test?

Thanks so much!!
I have this same question in my mind, and i eventually came into the conclusion that if they request for redo of medical and ure pregnant, they are going to prolong ur case more than 8 months of processing time of 2nd stage. So, youre planning to get pregnant, its better to get the medical done and sent despite the fact, they want it or not.

We will be able to say that we have gotten our medical done and sent which is valid for a year from now on..

thats the only quick fix i found to avoid more delays.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:
Just out of curiosity, have any of the people that have landed already received there pr card yet? I haven't seen anyone lately post on our thread that they received the pr card.
Hi Angtao... No PR card yet... Im expecting it any moment now (6 to 8 weeks from landing - landing was March14)

I'll post it as soon as we get it!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
missha said:
I called CIC and they are opening additional documents from 30th march. I hope they go thru my police cert. which was received by April 30th.

How long they usu take to reply to u after opening additonal documents after first stage approval? Anyone knows?

From 2010, I have noticed, they take additional 6 months :-s ... I may be wrong for the average..

Congrats to those who got their AIP and DMs..

Hi Missha... were you able to get your OHIP?
No idea on waiting times, and as you know... averages means nothing...
Cross your fingers, me too I'll cross them for you!!!

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
BestPlace said:
Ya...CIC look like stop and holiday again. No news after Aiman. From inland 2010, Love Young sent Application on July 16 2010 and get AIP on May 18 and DM May 21. But now inland applicant 2011 from July no news yet.
I am hoping that CIC-V is moving ahead and the problem is that some people are not on our list and those that are have not bothered to update us.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Got a very good news today.
Letter from MICC Quebec saying the sponsorship for my wife is accepted and we have the CSQ.
Lets hope the rest will be as smooth :)

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aiman said:
Please let me know how long will it take Scarborough office to send you the landing letter I'd appreciate it
I recieved DM letter on March 28, still waiting news from Scarborough...

shikon_86

Apr 25, 2012
hey
I just call from immigration !!
my landing interview is tomorrow!!
this is my time line\

application sent jan 10, 2011
in process mar 21
AIP jan 3rd, and received on jan 12th
additional info ( police certificate and pass renewal ) requested on jan 3rd
additional info sent on march 25
additional info received on april 19th
Landing interview call/DM May 9th 2012
Landing interview May10th 2012 11AM

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
curious_one said:
Hello all!

I have some news that may interest everyone and answer the question everyone is asking "what is going on with Vagreville". I have no update yet and am so frusterated as our appliation was received May 31 2011. I hve a simple application - no dependants, first marriage for both me and my husband and we are a young couple (late 20's) planning a family yet we cant until we know we are secure here. Straight forward right? Well we are close to 12 months waiting now for first stage - and absolutley loosing our patiance. When i called the call center and explained to the agent how unfair it is that the website they always refer to is not a true reflection of what is going on since June people have gotten AIP and statistics on this forum show they are way past april 30th I was told that the delay could have something to do with budget cuts as they just had a big budget cut!!! I cant believe this!!!! My husband was unable to be at his fathers funeral because CPC goes on constant vacation and now to make matters worse Mr Kenney decides to cut budget????? And we all have to suffer for it!!! I wish they would have told me that when we were weighing the pros and cons of applying inland vs outland. Had we hve applied outland my husband would have papers by now. As he is from a visa exempt country he could have came and gone as he pleased but NOW he is stuck here unable to visit his grieving family beacuse if he leaves the application is void and he is not guranteed re-entry since he has has been in the country over a year on implied status and would need to be gone from canada for 6 months in order to re enter as a visitor since anyone over 6 months in the country is not a visitor anymore but a temporary resident. I dont know how everyone else is dealing with this delay and the misleading information CPC is feeding us but i am beyond frusterated with this country. I have liveD here for nearly 20 years and concider this my home country as I grew up here but am so embarassed tht new comers get this bad experiance and a fowl first impression of Canada due to budget cuts and unhelpful information we keep gettig from call center agents..... ???
Curious one, I am exactly in the same situation as you... received app May 30th, 2011 and still nothing, also young couple, first marriage, straight forward application. I am the sponsor (female) and hubby also from country not requiring a visa. I also wish we had applied outland... I feel caged as well not being able to leave the country! (I can leave, of course, but not with hubby, so what's the point?)

About going to your hubby's father's funeral... you probably could have gone... When I had spoken to a lawyer, he told us that if you had to go for something important, the chances were very good that you wouldn't have a problem getting back in to Canada... although I understand not willing to risk it.

This whole process is extremely frustrating, and takes way longer than is necessary! Like some others said, they should give out temporary work permits until the decision is made...

Also like you, having to have every little thing go through me - paying bills, mortgage, cooking, cleaning, etc. is driving me nuts!

All this ranting to say, I can completely relate... and I feel a bit better now, as I also don't say all this stuff to hubby, so that I don't weigh him down any more...

Well... all we can do is wait anyway... :(

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Hi,everyone

First of all i would like to say this post was helpful about my questions and led to get my foss notes which
i never knew existed.

My name is AK i submitted my pr application in march 2011,my wife sponserd me as i was a Temp Resident in canada as i held a owp and my Study permit,my permits expired in mach 2011 as well.

But again after applying i got a doc from cic veg in july that they need more info which i sent them
in august.but then when i checked my status on line it dint show anything till jan,in jan they said they got the info nd showed on the online status.but the call center said they got the info in august but dint open it.but as of now i dint get my work permit or anyting as of april 24 i got a letter they transferred my case to edmonton cic and they may contact you.When i called the call center they said there is no processing time that how long will they take as its by case to case specific.i already waited a year to get my work permit and now they say they have transferred it what does tht mean and how long more will it take to get this done???

And by the way me and my wife meet at school in 09 nd got married in jan 11 nd we sent all the pics our marriage ceremony but it was a small wedding cause my parents are not in canada so they were not there, but everything was sent in but still i dnt understand whats going on.

If some one can help or have any info i will really appreciate it

Thanks

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
curious_one said:
Hello all!

I have some news that may interest everyone and answer the question everyone is asking "what is going on with Vagreville". I have no update yet and am so frusterated as our appliation was received May 31 2011. I hve a simple application - no dependants, first marriage for both me and my husband and we are a young couple (late 20's) planning a family yet we cant until we know we are secure here. Straight forward right? Well we are close to 12 months waiting now for first stage - and absolutley loosing our patiance. When i called the call center and explained to the agent how unfair it is that the website they always refer to is not a true reflection of what is going on since June people have gotten AIP and statistics on this forum show they are way past april 30th I was told that the delay could have something to do with budget cuts as they just had a big budget cut!!! I cant believe this!!!! My husband was unable to be at his fathers funeral because CPC goes on constant vacation and now to make matters worse Mr Kenney decides to cut budget????? And we all have to suffer for it!!! I wish they would have told me that when we were weighing the pros and cons of applying inland vs outland. Had we hve applied outland my husband would have papers by now. As he is from a visa exempt country he could have came and gone as he pleased but NOW he is stuck here unable to visit his grieving family beacuse if he leaves the application is void and he is not guranteed re-entry since he has has been in the country over a year on implied status and would need to be gone from canada for 6 months in order to re enter as a visitor since anyone over 6 months in the country is not a visitor anymore but a temporary resident. I dont know how everyone else is dealing with this delay and the misleading information CPC is feeding us but i am beyond frusterated with this country. I have liveD here for nearly 20 years and concider this my home country as I grew up here but am so embarassed tht new comers get this bad experiance and a fowl first impression of Canada due to budget cuts and unhelpful information we keep gettig from call center agents..... ???
I feel your pain!

I received Decision Made on February 7, 2012 and since then – nothing. I’ve recently found out, through my MP, it’s because of the budget cuts and the fact that CIC have closed my local office in Victoria, BC. Because there is currently no ‘policy’ in place as what to do with Vancouver Island people I just have to sit and wait until someone decides to write this ‘policy’.

My application is done, I’m approved but I am waiting for someone at CIC to figure out that I should go to Vancouver to land, which is just a mere 2 hours away from me!!! I’ve already waited 3 months, I now have to wait for them to make this ‘policy’ which no-one can tell me when this will happen, then when my file finally gets sent to Vancouver, I have a 3 month waiting time for them to contact me for an interview.

I’m pretty pissed off.