No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
perk said:
Hi Aiman when does your passport expire?
My passport was expired long time ago in 2009

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aiman said:
Hey Berber
Did u submit your file to vegreville as well ? Do they transfer your file to Scarborough then Scarborough office will contact you or how does it work ? Because I got a decision made letter from CIC-Vegreville requesting passport renewal so I just want to know what would b my next step after submitting my passport ?
Yes i did submit it to vegreville and it is an inland application!
Well after you renew your passport you have to send them the requested documents, then just wait for the landing letter.
I dont have to renew my passport as it will expire in 3 years.
So now am just waiting for the landing letter from Scarborough and i am almost done with the whole thing.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Aiman,torontoinlander and Berber. Hang in there guys. I hear the Scarborough office is busy. It took them 37 days since dm to send me the landing letter.

Got dm on mar.7
Got landing letter on apr.13
Landing on may 16

Hope this helps.

Oh, and I also heard that if u r east of yonge st you land in Scarborough. If you r west if yonge you land in etobicoke

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
angtao said:
Aiman,torontoinlander and Berber. Hang in there guys. I hear the Scarborough office is busy. It took them 37 days since dm to send me the landing letter.

Got dm on mar.7
Got landing letter on apr.13
Landing on may 16

Hope this helps.

Oh, and I also heard that if u r east of yonge st you land in Scarborough. If you r west if yonge you land in etobicoke
Wow do it almost took a month from the date u got the letter till u have ur landing interview because ivecseen ppl landing 2 weeks after they get the letter in etobicoke office

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Berber_amazigh said:
Yes i did submit it to vegreville and it is an inland application!
Well after you renew your passport you have to send them the requested documents, then just wait for the landing letter.
I dont have to renew my passport as it will expire in 3 years.
So now am just waiting for the landing letter from Scarborough and i am almost done with the whole thing.
Please let me know how long will it take Scarborough office to send you the landing letter I'd appreciate it

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:'( :( OMG - no action here, no action from CIC! It is so depressing!

I looked at July applicants from 2010 and. They were getting answers end of April! What should happen so they start moving over there? I am going crazy....

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Am_lina11 said:

I looked at July applicants from 2010 and. They were getting answers end of April! What should happen so they start moving over there? I am going crazy....
Any day now for you....

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Am_lina11 said:

Ya...CIC look like stop and holiday again. No news after Aiman. From inland 2010, Love Young sent Application on July 16 2010 and get AIP on May 18 and DM May 21. But now inland applicant 2011 from July no news yet.

shikon_86

Apr 25, 2012
I called CIC today, they have sent my work permit that I have been received on 10th april. So I guess even though CIC website is not updated, they are working on application received in early april now.
The agent also told me that they have asked if my medical can be extended as it has been expired. I got my medical in December of 2010. I hope it can be extended, or else I have to get another one.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanniehn said:
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone knows how long is taking Vancouver office to call for landing? I received my letter from Vegreville already, The decision made was on April 16! They told me to wait for Vancouver office to contact me but no news yet :( Does anyone knows how long is taking them? This will be my third week waiting!
I got DM on March 21 and my letter from Vancouver Office was dated March 21 as well. The Landing was scheduled 3 weeks after. Hope this helps

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I called CIC and they are opening additional documents from 30th march. I hope they go thru my police cert. which was received by April 30th.

How long they usu take to reply to u after opening additonal documents after first stage approval? Anyone knows?

From 2010, I have noticed, they take additional 6 months :-s ... I may be wrong for the average..

Congrats to those who got their AIP and DMs..

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Hello all!

I have some news that may interest everyone and answer the question everyone is asking "what is going on with Vagreville". I have no update yet and am so frusterated as our appliation was received May 31 2011. I hve a simple application - no dependants, first marriage for both me and my husband and we are a young couple (late 20's) planning a family yet we cant until we know we are secure here. Straight forward right? Well we are close to 12 months waiting now for first stage - and absolutley loosing our patiance. When i called the call center and explained to the agent how unfair it is that the website they always refer to is not a true reflection of what is going on since June people have gotten AIP and statistics on this forum show they are way past april 30th I was told that the delay could have something to do with budget cuts as they just had a big budget cut!!! I cant believe this!!!! My husband was unable to be at his fathers funeral because CPC goes on constant vacation and now to make matters worse Mr Kenney decides to cut budget????? And we all have to suffer for it!!! I wish they would have told me that when we were weighing the pros and cons of applying inland vs outland. Had we hve applied outland my husband would have papers by now. As he is from a visa exempt country he could have came and gone as he pleased but NOW he is stuck here unable to visit his grieving family beacuse if he leaves the application is void and he is not guranteed re-entry since he has has been in the country over a year on implied status and would need to be gone from canada for 6 months in order to re enter as a visitor since anyone over 6 months in the country is not a visitor anymore but a temporary resident. I dont know how everyone else is dealing with this delay and the misleading information CPC is feeding us but i am beyond frusterated with this country. I have liveD here for nearly 20 years and concider this my home country as I grew up here but am so embarassed tht new comers get this bad experiance and a fowl first impression of Canada due to budget cuts and unhelpful information we keep gettig from call center agents..... ???

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
curious_one said:
Hello all!

I have some news that may interest everyone and answer the question everyone is asking "what is going on with Vagreville". I have no update yet and am so frusterated as our appliation was received May 31 2011. I hve a simple application - no dependants, first marriage for both me and my husband and we are a young couple (late 20's) planning a family yet we cant until we know we are secure here. Straight forward right? Well we are close to 12 months waiting now for first stage - and absolutley loosing our patiance. When i called the call center and explained to the agent how unfair it is that the website they always refer to is not a true reflection of what is going on since June people have gotten AIP and statistics on this forum show they are way past april 30th I was told that the delay could have something to do with budget cuts as they just had a big budget cut!!! I cant believe this!!!! My husband was unable to be at his fathers funeral because CPC goes on constant vacation and now to make matters worse Mr Kenney decides to cut budget????? And we all have to suffer for it!!! I wish they would have told me that when we were weighing the pros and cons of applying inland vs outland. Had we hve applied outland my husband would have papers by now. As he is from a visa exempt country he could have came and gone as he pleased but NOW he is stuck here unable to visit his grieving family beacuse if he leaves the application is void and he is not guranteed re-entry since he has has been in the country over a year on implied status and would need to be gone from canada for 6 months in order to re enter as a visitor since anyone over 6 months in the country is not a visitor anymore but a temporary resident. I dont know how everyone else is dealing with this delay and the misleading information CPC is feeding us but i am beyond frusterated with this country. I have liveD here for nearly 20 years and concider this my home country as I grew up here but am so embarassed tht new comers get this bad experiance and a fowl first impression of Canada due to budget cuts and unhelpful information we keep gettig from call center agents..... ???
I hear you! And I understand what a pain it is, despite the fact that I am just waiting for 10+ months. I can't understand why CIC is working like in convulsions - one week lots of action and then four, five weeks of total silence. Web site is not a real reflection of what is going on and agents won't go for an extra mile unless you start pushing them. Why there were people who sent their applications late July 2011 and got their AIPs and DMs in November 2011? No one knows what was that. Now vacation after vacation. Budget cuts as you say and all that other excuses for bad performance. And behind all these there are real people, with a great desire to start their lives, contribute to Canadian economy by working, studying and building families. I am fed up of feeling insecure of my future life. I share your frustration that people can't get adequate information on what is going on there and when can we expect an answer regarding our applications.

And where can I put my frustration? On the forum, to share with people who are in the same boat as me. I won't stress my husband out as he can't change it.
I tried keeping my attitude positive, but it seems unfair how they demand proper documentation in a timely manner from us, and how vaguely they give timelines to us. There is no official statement that because of budget cuts we will make you wait longer, but instead they just don't change dates on the site. Instead of saying since we have budget cuts, we will issue limited work permits/ study permits for those who is willing to work.

Anyways, I can go on and on. I am thinking about it all days long for 10 months already. :-X

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
curious_one said:
Hello all!

I hear your frustration and I share it with you! Our case is very similar! We've been waiting for 9 months now, even though it's not as long as your I still feel its very unfair and painful... Hopefully this will be over with soon!

My first impression of Canada is not really positive and my husband who was born here is deeply disappointed with his country. Because of criminals that spoil the system, real people that just want a normal life have to go through such an unfair waiting line.

Hopefully this will change, the process needs a review, its not efficient. I hope you hear something from them soon!! Fingers crossed!

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Am_lina11 said:
I hear you! And I understand what a pain it is, despite the fact that I am just waiting for 10+ months. I can't understand why CIC is working like in convulsions - one week lots of action and then four, five weeks of total silence. Web site is not a real reflection of what is going on and agents won't go for an extra mile unless you start pushing them. Why there were people who sent their applications late July 2011 and got their AIPs and DMs in November 2011? No one knows what was that. Now vacation after vacation. Budget cuts as you say and all that other excuses for bad performance. And behind all these there are real people, with a great desire to start their lives, contribute to Canadian economy by working, studying and building families. I am fed up of feeling insecure of my future life. I share your frustration that people can't get adequate information on what is going on there and when can we expect an answer regarding our applications.

And where can I put my frustration? On the forum, to share with people who are in the same boat as me. I won't stress my husband out as he can't change it.
I tried keeping my attitude positive, but it seems unfair how they demand proper documentation in a timely manner from us, and how vaguely they give timelines to us. There is no official statement that because of budget cuts we will make you wait longer, but instead they just don't change dates on the site. Instead of saying since we have budget cuts, we will issue limited work permits/ study permits for those who is willing to work.

Anyways, I can go on and on. I am thinking about it all days long for 10 months already. :-X
Thank you for your kind words - I know we are all in the same boat....the sad thing is they say they have budget cuts but as you say all of us applicants are willing and able to start working and they are not cashing in on the opportunity! They say no money but look at the hundres if not THOUSANDS of applicants just waiting for the mail man with that work permit! I like your idea of handing out limited work permits - that is a solid point and would be a double win for them and all of US but yet they are not even entertaining the thought! After my experience I have seeked advise and shared conversations with many regarding immigration (UK, Australia, Europe) and am so surprised at the negative comments many have about their experience coming to Canada. Many have written to the MP and to Jason Kenney directly but have fell of deaf ears. Not even as much as a response acknowledging them. There are many doctors, engineers, teachers - well educated spouses sitting at home waiting when instead they could be providing a benefit to the country.

You are absolutely right - what are we to do with our frusteration - we are left to spill it on this forum as no one else cares and spouses have enough to deal with that we wouldn't dare put more pressure on them. In my situation I am the sponsor (female) and am working long hours, paying all the bills, cooking - cleaning, any form of documentation requires my attention and any future step weather opening a new savings account or even applying for an apartment lease or mortgage requires MY full attention as my husband is non existent to them without PR. It is ridiculous. Taking everything else aside - I think most of us would cope better if the spouses at least had a work permit because life would go back to normal but they wont allow us even that much. They talk about Canada being a free country but our spouses are not so free are they? They are in a golden cage unable to do anything but check the mail everyday hoping for SOME news....

I am so sorry everyone - I just needed to get this off my chest - it has been a seriously difficult time for my husband and I and I am happy that at least I can share my thoughts and feelings with you all here. I pray for better news for each and every one of us so that we can finally start enjoying life with our families.