Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Devine2020 said:
Hi Irishred, when you submitted your application did you submit meds and police clearance or you waited for them to ask?
i sent the police clearance with my application and sent my medical in december. I was pregnant when we filed so waited to send my meds

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
BestPlace said:
Perk

Do you hear any updated from CIC? Now CIC working on application received on JUNE? Hopefully will hear from them very soon...
Just one on our list Aiman but a couple of 2 year old cases on the 2010 thread got cleared. I hope next week is a little better.

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Michaelzheng said:
Thank you for the reply. For your friend's case, are you indicating she actually receives two letter from CIC montreal? I know the second letter is for the interview schedule, what's that all about for the first one? Did she receive the first letter two weeks after she got DM letter or after she found out online status changed to DM?

I meant:
The two letters are "DM" letter to her and her husband.
Her decision made on March 17 but it took like 2 weeks for her to receive "DM" letter from CIC Canada. And then, couple of days after she received the letter from CIC Montreal to ask her send 2 photos and check some personal information. And then, in 2 weeks, she received the letter from CIC Montreal to tell her when her interview is!!

For me, from "I sent the CAD490, 2 photos, requested document to CIC Montreal" to "I received the letter about my landing interview", it took me one month for that.

Therefore, what I meant is if you already paid CAD490, you probably will have your landing interview scheduled sooner. If not, you probably will be like me, wait for one month to have my interview scheduled.

Good luck!!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Aiman said:
How long does it take for the letter to arrive after DM ?
Officially, you should receive it within one month but I don't think it's that long, I received mine in 3 days (if weekend isn't counted).

H

Horselover

Hi all,

so last Wednesday I had gotten a letter from the Oshawa, ON CIC office that I could now get me Certificate of PR from then. At the Oshawa office (which is unfortunately closing as of June 1st), there are no appointments, but that I could come any time Mon-Fri between 9AM and 3PM.

As the week before I had just brought my passport to be renewed, and the consulate had kept my old passport, I knew I would have to wait until I got my new passport in the mail.

Luckily, I had asked for the express passport, which was supposed to take 4 weeks. When I checked my mailbox today, I was sooo excited to see my new passport had already arrived. So I rushed to make it to the Oshawa CIC office before they closed.

I walked in, gave the super nice lady my passport(s), letter they had sent me, two photos, paid my $490, was asked to sit down, and was soon after called into an office with yet another super nice lady. She asked me to verify my information was all correct, just made sure I had no dependents, asked me to initial and sign a couple of times, and gave me my certificate :D

She said my PR card would come in 8 weeks. She then told me where the ServiceOntario office was, and so I went there, and applied for my OHIP card. As my AIP was April 13th, I will have OHIP as of July 13th.

My hubby will prob be home any minute now, and has no clue yet what all happened today!! I am excited, super excited, more than excited!!!

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
Horselover said:
Hi all,

so last Wednesday I had gotten a letter from the Oshawa, ON CIC office that I could now get me Certificate of PR from then. At the Oshawa office (which is unfortunately closing as of June 1st), there are no appointments, but that I could come any time Mon-Fri between 9AM and 3PM.

As the week before I had just brought my passport to be renewed, and the consulate had kept my old passport, I knew I would have to wait until I got my new passport in the mail.

Luckily, I had asked for the express passport, which was supposed to take 4 weeks. When I checked my mailbox today, I was sooo excited to see my new passport had already arrived. So I rushed to make it to the Oshawa CIC office before they closed.

I walked in, gave the super nice lady my passport(s), letter they had sent me, two photos, paid my $490, was asked to sit down, and was soon after called into an office with yet another super nice lady. She asked me to verify my information was all correct, just made sure I had no dependents, asked me to initial and sign a couple of times, and gave me my certificate :D

She said my PR card would come in 8 weeks. She then told me where the ServiceOntario office was, and so I went there, and applied for my OHIP card. As my AIP was April 13th, I will have OHIP as of July 13th.

My hubby will prob be home any minute now, and has no clue yet what all happened today!! I am excited, super excited, more than excited!!!
big congrats to you and all others on the waiting list. we are almost there and must not give up. KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!!

H

Horselover

Exactly! My application was received May 30th 2011, and I landed today, so even if they are not updating their website - they are further than you think!!

garry4u55

Jan 11, 2012
Good Morning everyone. My inland application was received by vegreville September 29 2011..I received a letter on April 24,2012 from case processing centre asking me to submit my original set of fingerprints for them to continue processing my it seems like they rushed my application..my question is - How long CIC Take to DM some body told me this stage is final stage...this is right i m confused.

Thanks
Garry

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garry4u55 said:
Good Morning everyone. My inland application was received by vegreville September 29 2011..I received a letter on April 24,2012 from case processing centre asking me to submit my original set of fingerprints for them to continue processing my it seems like they rushed my application..my question is - How long CIC Take to DM some body told me this stage is final stage...this is right i m confused.

Thanks
Garry

Congrats on your status update. Based on my count, it took only 7 months for you to hear from CIC (set 2011 to apr 2012).
Is yours a special case like PRRA or something else? Thanks.

Finally22

Apr 28, 2012
HI guys!
Just wanted to update everyone on my landing interview today @ Etobicoke. It took a total of 35mins to have everything done. When we got there we were asked for our landing letter, then asked to pay the $490, after told to sit and wait to be called. Once called was asked for Ids and passport, then asked to confirm if our info on file is corrected, signed and we were out. That was it..nothing more nothing less. :D :eek: ;D Even thou i dont post often u guys have been very helpful with all ur great tips and info. Thank a lot guys.. :D Just waiting for PR card now. at long last the wait is over for me...good luck to everyone else waiting and i know in good time great news will be @ ur door steps...

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Hi Johanna125,
I'm not able to message you (I think I'm too new and haven't posted enough yet). Just wanted to ask if you could correct my Application Received date on the chart to October 31, 2011. Thanks so much! :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peanutbrittle said:
Hi Johanna125,
I'm not able to message you (I think I'm too new and haven't posted enough yet). Just wanted to ask if you could correct my Application Received date on the chart to October 31, 2011. Thanks so much! :)
Hi Peanutbrittle. I'll do that, no problem. thanks!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
johanna125 said:
chart update below
Johanna, just a thank you for keeping the chart and making it so colorful ;) Great job!!!

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Hello All .,

just a quick update, I ve landed on may 1st at CIC Montreal . Everything goes pretty smooth. I believe they just asked me for my passport and if i had some dependents that i hadnt included on my IP. and that was all. I also got a new sin card with my permanent number ,

so I got this concern now.

shoud I contact Revenue Canada/Quebec to update my files.?
what about my bank and Credit agencies. what If i want my credit history to follow my new sin card?
does anyone know something about this matter?

i will let u know as soon as I get my pr card. hopefully in June :)

Thank you all,. u are amazing.