Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
shikon_86 said:
hey
I was just wondering about owp. My work permit expired last june, and I applied for residency in last Jan. I thought I did not need to apply for work permit due to implied status, but I was wrong. So now I am applying for owp, I was wondering if I need to submit the $200 for restoration or just $150 for the work permit. I have AIP received back in Jan 2012
Thanks
Hi, you can do it online and will take less than 5 bus days. If you already have AIP just do OWP online and paid $150...u just got exempted from restoration with that AIP so no need for (the extra) $200.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I sent my PR application in January 2012. During that time, I did not include an OWP application. Just want to ask if what's the best option now. Should I:

1. Send OWP application now?
My worry is it currently takes 4-5 months for them to open new envelopes. I'm afraid that the OWP processing department might not approve it upon receipt because I have no AIP yet.

2. Apply online upon receipt of the AIP?
Under this option, I'm concerned about the additional waiting time from AIP to OWP processing, to SIN application. I've been jobless for a long time now. So I want to rush things to start working ASAP.

What do you think?

Thanks and good luck to all of us:)

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi everyone. I sent my PR application in January 2012. During that time, I did not include an OWP application. Just want to ask if what's the best option now. Should I:

1. Send OWP application now?
My worry is it currently takes 4-5 months for them to open new envelopes. I'm afraid that the OWP processing department might not approve it upon receipt because I have no AIP yet.

2. Apply online upon receipt of the AIP?
Under this option, I'm concerned about the additional waiting time from AIP to OWP processing, to SIN application. I've been jobless for a long time now. So I want to rush things to start working ASAP.

What do you think?

Thanks and good luck to all of us:)
Hi, it all depend on you just know that with the date of you app the earlier the better since you still have a lots of time. But just to clarify a point, the time it take cic to open letters depends on time period and loads. i called cic 2 days ago they said they are opening letters received march 29. so meaning it will take a month to open you owp letter if you sent it out.

Michaelzheng

Mar 13, 2012
brookechung said:
Depends on CIC Montreal...
Officially, it takes one month after decision made letter and if you do not get any information in one month, you must call them.
In my case, it took me 5 days (guess probably because I did not pay CAD$490 in advance) to receive letter from CIC Montreal, they requested me to pay the payment and all other stuffs for them to schedule the interview. And I sent everything, it took them one month to schedule my interview.

As for my friend's case, it took her two weeks to receive letter from CIC Montreal (probably because she already paid her CAD$490 long ago) but then she received the letter which scheduled her interview in two weeks after. And it turns out that she got her interview the same day as me.

PR card will probably issued 4~6 weeks after your interview, it has to depend on their schedule.
Thank you for the reply. For your friend's case, are you indicating she actually receives two letter from CIC montreal? I know the second letter is for the interview schedule, what's that all about for the first one? Did she receive the first letter two weeks after she got DM letter or after she found out online status changed to DM?

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qw123 said:
Hi, it all depend on you just know that with the date of you app the earlier the better since you still have a lots of time. But just to clarify a point, the time it take cic to open letters depends on time period and loads. i called cic 2 days ago they said they are opening letters received march 29. so meaning it will take a month to open you owp letter if you sent it out.
thanks qw123 :0

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
from additional info required letter, to "i mailed that", DM for me was 9 days after i believe, local cic office suggested not asking applying for owp, as they move just as quick scheduling "landing interviews".

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
October 11, 2011 - Application recieved
December 28, 2011- start processing

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
How long does it take for the letter to arrive after DM ?

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
perk said:
Give them a call and see what they have to say.
Perk

Do you hear any updated from CIC? Now CIC working on application received on JUNE? Hopefully will hear from them very soon...

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
just checked, CIC updatded for this week, still 30 April 2011 :-X

rucy

Mar 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st april 2011
Doc's Request.
27 June 2011
File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
I just passed the interview yesterday. Now i'm waiting for they send me the letter which is approval. :D :D :D

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
rucy said:
I just passed the interview yesterday. Now i'm waiting for they send me the letter which is approval. :D :D :D
Congrats... Was it a landing interview ?

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Got my landing date today
May 11th in Halifax :)

D

Devine2020

irishred said:
Got my landing date today
May 11th in Halifax :)
Hi Irishred, when you submitted your application did you submit meds and police clearance or you waited for them to ask?