Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
maldita said:
So yesterday was our spousal aip interview at the etobicoke office and here's what happened.

We got there at 9:15, 45 minutes earlier than our schedule. Our lawyer came at 9:45 am. We were seated at the waiting area along with other people. The environment is kind of laid back compared to the CBSA office. The officers are calling out the names of the person to be interviewed. We were waiting for my name to be called. Around 10:20, a young gentleman came to us and said, "come, follow me..." We were oblivious that he was talking to us because they normally call out the names of person to be interviewed at the front. We followed him as he took as to another office. It was another unit at the building but on the same floor, it was full of separated room but the problem was, there is lack of privacy as you could clearly hear what the other interview is all about. We could clearly hear what's goin on at the room next to us. We couldnt help but listen. The walls are not high that's why you could hear everyone in the room. The officer said, they just opened that office. He then asked for our ids, we showed him our driver license. He asked for my passport bus I said CBSA took it. I also gave him my 3 inch binder that has all other documents supporting me and my husband's relationship. He told us that he will just review my file and will be back in a few minutes. He was gone for 15 minutes or so and then came back and gave me my binder but took some sheets out. I gave him around 200 photos, all of which are from last year's to present. He briefly looked at them and asked my husband, "is this your dad?, and my husband said, yes. After that, he put away all the albums (i gave him 3). He asked both of us this question - "have you ever been charged or convicted of any crime inside and outside Canada?", we both said no. And then he asked me, what was your original reason for visit?, did you have intentions of seeing your husband (he was just a friend before, and officially in a relationship only when i arrived here but weve known each other for 6 years) when you came here?, when was the first time you came here?, what were your travel dates? (coz i travelled back and forth since the first time I came here), when is your due date?. Do you report to the CBSA office, I said, "i do every 9th of the month thru our landline". I gave short answers and never elaborated. And then after that, he said, "you will receive a letter in the the mail within a week." once you are approved, you can apply for a work permit and get OHIP but you will have to wait 90 days for it. And then he asked me, "did you ever work here", I said no. I asked him, "what do I need to show for OHIP?", he said, "just the letter that you will receive." And then my lawyer asked, "are we approved?", and he said, "just wait for it in the mail."

The interview was very very quick. Only a few questions asked, just the ones I mentioned. I was expecting that we are gonna be cross examined and will be asked for the typical spousal interview questions but it never happened. It was an easy 10 minute actual interview.

Anyone had the same experience? I hope I get approved.
Do you know why your time line is July and they moved you ahead? Did you file electroniclly? Just wondering! Congats and thanks for the update.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maldita said:
So yesterday was our spousal aip interview at the etobicoke office and here's what happened.

We got there at 9:15, 45 minutes earlier than our schedule. Our lawyer came at 9:45 am. We were seated at the waiting area along with other people. The environment is kind of laid back compared to the CBSA office. The officers are calling out the names of the person to be interviewed. We were waiting for my name to be called. Around 10:20, a young gentleman came to us and said, "come, follow me..." We were oblivious that he was talking to us because they normally call out the names of person to be interviewed at the front. We followed him as he took as to another office. It was another unit at the building but on the same floor, it was full of separated room but the problem was, there is lack of privacy as you could clearly hear what the other interview is all about. We could clearly hear what's goin on at the room next to us. We couldnt help but listen. The walls are not high that's why you could hear everyone in the room. The officer said, they just opened that office. He then asked for our ids, we showed him our driver license. He asked for my passport bus I said CBSA took it. I also gave him my 3 inch binder that has all other documents supporting me and my husband's relationship. He told us that he will just review my file and will be back in a few minutes. He was gone for 15 minutes or so and then came back and gave me my binder but took some sheets out. I gave him around 200 photos, all of which are from last year's to present. He briefly looked at them and asked my husband, "is this your dad?, and my husband said, yes. After that, he put away all the albums (i gave him 3). He asked both of us this question - "have you ever been charged or convicted of any crime inside and outside Canada?", we both said no. And then he asked me, what was your original reason for visit?, did you have intentions of seeing your husband (he was just a friend before, and officially in a relationship only when i arrived here but weve known each other for 6 years) when you came here?, when was the first time you came here?, what were your travel dates? (coz i travelled back and forth since the first time I came here), when is your due date?. Do you report to the CBSA office, I said, "i do every 9th of the month thru our landline". I gave short answers and never elaborated. And then after that, he said, "you will receive a letter in the the mail within a week." once you are approved, you can apply for a work permit and get OHIP but you will have to wait 90 days for it. And then he asked me, "did you ever work here", I said no. I asked him, "what do I need to show for OHIP?", he said, "just the letter that you will receive." And then my lawyer asked, "are we approved?", and he said, "just wait for it in the mail."

The interview was very very quick. Only a few questions asked, just the ones I mentioned. I was expecting that we are gonna be cross examined and will be asked for the typical spousal interview questions but it never happened. It was an easy 10 minute actual interview.

Anyone had the same experience? I hope I get approved.

Hi Maldita. thanks for sharing. Just a quick question. What did you answer to the officer's question : "What was your original reason for visit?"

thanks. I hope yours is an AIP and DM at the same time:)

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
I am fed up with the updates from CIC... :mad:
again april 30th?
They just dont care anymore to give a good update for the people.
So frustating. :(

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG. CIC updated website just now. Still working on 30-apr-2011. No change for the past 6 weeks.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
June2011 said:
Thanks Irishred, soon they will give you some good news too.
Hi June2011
I got my good news this morning..............AIP :)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
johanna125 said:
OMG. CIC updated website just now. Still working on 30-apr-2011. No change for the past 6 weeks.
Hi Johanna
You can update my chart to AIP April 26th :)
Thanks

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
I said the truth, whatever I said before when I originally applied for my tourist visa - that I want to visit my family here.

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
Johanna, I dont think I'm gonna get DM yet coz I have a daughter in my country although she's non-accompanying dependent, i think she still has to go thru medical exam. I have to wait for the letter.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
maldita said:
I have no idea. It's probly because of my PRAA. I'm not really sure.
Oh ya PRAA. Thanks and congrats.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
mariela11 said:
I am fed up with the updates from CIC... :mad:
again april 30th?
They just dont care anymore to give a good update for the people.
So frustating. :(
Doesn't matter as long as everybody keeps Johanna up todate we know who is coming next.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it has been almost a month that i got my DM and i did not receive any landing letter yet!
thats very disappointing why Scarborough office is so slow SIGH!!
very disappointing

Kidney Bean

Apr 24, 2012
Hi everyone,
So I hired a immigration consultant to process my case. We sent out the application on July 15th and CIC received it on July 18th and they started to process it on Aug 3rd. I haven't heard anything from them since then.
Now my grandmother is ill and I have already booked my flight back to Hong Kong on May 2nd. My husband is joining me in mid June and we are coming back together on July 5th. I think we are going to get thru the customs in Vancouver where we have to transfer our flight. My consultant told me if I get rejected at the border, my application will automatically get thrown away, so there is some risk I have to take if I decide to visit my grandmother.
I'm just wondering if anyone had a similar situation as me? And how did it go? I as well as my husband are quite anxious about it.

I've also noticed that the wait between first stage and second stage as posted here is relatively short. I brought it up when I had a meeting with the consultant and he said in average, his clients usually wait for 3-5 months before they get any further information.

Any information would be appreciated!

And congrats and goodluck to all of you here! ;)

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
Kidney Bean said:
Hi everyone,
So I hired a immigration consultant to process my case. We sent out the application on July 15th and CIC received it on July 18th and they started to process it on Aug 3rd. I haven't heard anything from them since then.
Now my grandmother is ill and I have already booked my flight back to Hong Kong on May 2nd. My husband is joining me in mid June and we are coming back together on July 5th. I think we are going to get thru the customs in Vancouver where we have to transfer our flight. My consultant told me if I get rejected at the border, my application will automatically get thrown away, so there is some risk I have to take if I decide to visit my grandmother.
I'm just wondering if anyone had a similar situation as me? And how did it go? I as well as my husband are quite anxious about it.

I've also noticed that the wait between first stage and second stage as posted here is relatively short. I brought it up when I had a meeting with the consultant and he said in average, his clients usually wait for 3-5 months before they get any further information.

Any information would be appreciated!

And congrats and goodluck to all of you here! ;)

I sent my application in August 2011, in September my grandmother had an accident and went to intensive care, I contacted the Canadian Consulate in Brazil, CIC and they all told me the same thing, I could apply for a multiple entry visa but it was not 100% I would get the visa and plus I could get rejected to come in because of my application for permanent residency and it would be cancelled... I decided not to take the trip, my grandmother died that same month, it was very sad but we didn't want to take the risk.

I understand your pain, its a very difficult decision but you can always apply from outside in case anything goes wrong. You have to stop and think all the pros and cons, it can all go well but it can also go wrong, are you willing to face the consequences in case it doesn't happen the best way? It's a choice you have to make...

Mikesafa

Dec 29, 2011
irishred said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I just got a call from CIC
The lady I spoke to asked me to ignore the letter that was sent yesterday, it was an error. It was requesting some information that they already received. She apologised for the mistake.
I have AIP, as of this morning..................yay
Soooooo Happy right now :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Fantastic!! I figured as much!! Great news! All the best!